• 83(current)
Release YouTube
I will answer myself:
The good link for youtube addon is here:
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../6.x.x-dev
there is the Matrix version for kodi 19 (libreelec 10). I had took previously the wrong version (default release I think for previous kodi  - 18?).
I've never used inputstream.adaptive before and I have no clue as to what setting I'm suppose to use in the configuration, as well in the MPEG-Dash configuration in YouTube. I'm asking because if I leave for example Newsmax or France 24 streaming live for over 30 minutes, the video starts to jitter and freeze up. Can someone please tell me what the best setting should be?

Thank you,

Shedrock
jmh2002-   Alpha6 fixed my playback problems, thank you.    I kept MPEG DASH off because seems some are having issues.    Thanks again
(2021-10-24, 16:38)iosys Wrote: I will answer myself:
The good link for youtube addon is here:
there is the Matrix version for kodi 19 (libreelec 10). I had took previously the wrong version (default release I think for previous kodi  - 18?).

It would be helpful if you took the time to read the last few pages of this thread before making multiple spectulative posts on a public forum which may only serve to further misinform other users. Especially when you are new to the Kodi forum.

The issue has been discussed at length, and resolved by the developers.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-10-24, 10:42)Roman_V_M Wrote: Out of curiosity, what was the fix for bufferring? Could you point me to the specific piece of code or GH commit?

Actually, this buffering issue was driving me crazy. My Pi4 is connected to a Gigabit network and my appartment has a Gigabit Internet connection but my kids couldn't watch even 480p cartoons. And with the latest version it works fine. However, I have troubles with login to Google. The addon keeps asking me to open a Google login page even if I have completed a login successfully. It says you need to login 2 times but in fact the addon jst keeps asking you for login. Fortunately, you can watch videos without being logged in.

@Roman_V_M

It was the various fixes to 'rate bypass'. Google was limiting the rate at which videos could be streamed by unauthorised devices.

Not sure why you are having a problem with logging in. Yes you do need to login and provide the authorisation code - twice.
Once for My Subcriptions (via google tv) and once again for everything else.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
forgot to ask:   my playback issues are resolved with Alpha6.   Do I need  input stream adaptive installed?
(2021-10-24, 23:01)nycman Wrote: forgot to ask:   my playback issues are resolved with Alpha6.   Do I need  input stream adaptive installed?

If you want to use MPEG-DASH, then of course Yes.
(2021-10-24, 23:19)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-10-24, 23:01)nycman Wrote: forgot to ask:   my playback issues are resolved with Alpha6.   Do I need  input stream adaptive installed?

Ok so only if I want 1080?   Otherwise its 720?    I kept it off because I thought there was issues .   Do you think there isnt any issues? because then I will use it
(2021-10-24, 20:11)shedrock Wrote: I've never used inputstream.adaptive before and I have no clue as to what setting I'm suppose to use in the configuration, as well in the MPEG-Dash configuration in YouTube. I'm asking because if I leave for example Newsmax or France 24 streaming live for over 30 minutes, the video starts to jitter and freeze up. Can someone please tell me what the best setting should be?

@shedrock

Here is a basic setup (it might seem complicated but it's not really, just follow the steps):

1: YouTube > Settings > MPEG-DASH > Use MPEG-DASH > Enabled
2: YouTube > Settings > MPEG-DASH > Use for Videos > Enabled
(set Video Quality as required. If on a low powered device also set HDR > Disabled, and Limit to 30fps > Enabled)
3: YouTube > Settings > MPEG-DASH > Use for Live Streams > Enabled

Some Live Streams (eg: France24) specifically require MPEG-DASH in order for them to work.
This requires numbers 1 and 3 to be enabled as a minimum.
Enable number 2 if you also want to use MPEG-DASH for YouTube videos other than Live Streams.

NB: If you Enable MPEG-DASH for all Videos and Live Streams then the setting YouTube > Settings > General > Video Quality will not have any effect. For clarity set the same quality as above.

YouTube > Settings > MPEG-DASH > Configure InputStream Adaptive
(NB: YouTube addon has it's own quality settings - so some of these settings will only apply to other Kodi addons)

YouTube > Settings > MPEG-DASH > Configure InputStream Adaptive > Max Resolution > For clarity set the same quality as above.
(NB: you can of course set it to a different quality too, if required for other Kodi addons also using InputStream Adaptive)
(NB: you can also set a Min and Max Bandwidth for fine tuning too, but it's not essential)
(NB: In general all of the quality settings should be set in relation to your device power, and internet speed)

YouTube > Settings > MPEG-DASH > Configure InputStream Adaptive > Stream Selection > Automatically Select Streams
YouTube > Settings > MPEG-DASH > Configure InputStream Adaptive > Media > All

YouTube > Settings > MPEG-DASH > Configure InputStream Adaptive > Override HDCP Status > Specific to your setup
(if you have/need this you will know)
YouTube > Settings > MPEG-DASH > Configure InputStream Adaptive > Ignore Display Resolution > Specific to your setup
(if you have/need this you will know)

For a complete setup I also installed InputStream Helper
YouTube > Settings > MPEG-DASH > Install InputStream Helper
Kodi > My Addons > Programs > InputStream Helper > Configure > Nothing is essential to change here
(but you can tweak the Update Frequency and the Number of Backups if you wish)

I think that covers a basic setup for YouTube, MPEG-DASH, and InputStream Adaptive.
All of these settings can however be tweaked if you have a specific use case.

Hope this helps Nod
(2021-10-24, 23:23)nycman Wrote:
(2021-10-24, 23:19)jmh2002 Wrote:

Ok so only if I want 1080?   Otherwise its 720?    I kept it off because I thought there was issues .   Do you think there isnt any issues? because then I will use it

It's not just this. MPEG-DASH is a totally different way of streaming the videos from YouTube, and has different capabilities.
Also note that if you use MPEG-DASH / InputStream Adaptive then Kodi's Video Cache settings will not be applicable so you need a consistent internet connection (https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache).

Specific Playback Resolutions may require MPEG-DASH. Specific Live Streams may also require MPEG-DASH.

Personally the reason that I use MPEG-DASH is because I find that the volume leveling is more consistent between different videos, and different channels. Without MPEG-DASH I find that the volume is often way too quiet - so I turn it up - and then the next video is way too loud...

I have seen a few posts mentioning some problems with some videos or resolutions when using MPEG-DASH, however I am not personally experiencing any issues.

Also, if you follow the instructions in my previous post you can set up MPEG-DASH and InputStream Adaptive, and then if you have issues you can disable it with one simple setting: YouTube > Settings > MPEG-DASH > Use MPEG-DASH > Disabled.

You can even toggle it on and off if you want to test your setup (personally I always restart Kodi when doing this, or changing video resolution settings).

Hope this helps Nod
(2021-10-24, 23:43)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-10-24, 23:23)nycman Wrote:
(2021-10-24, 23:19)jmh2002 Wrote: If you want to use MPEG-DASH, then of course Yes.
Thanks for that explanation.    my uncle is very happy his opera videos are playing now.
@nycman Please remove the big post of mine that you quoted - it clutters up the thread unnecessarily.

And, as mentioned in my signature... If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation Smile
(2021-10-24, 23:32)jmh2002 Wrote: Here is a basic setup (it might seem complicated but it's not really, just follow the steps):
Thank you very much for this. I pretty much have the identical setup as you recommended. It still acts weird with Newsmax and France 24, but with DW News it seems to be ok after 1 hour on 1080p constant streaming. Maybe I may have to try 720p, but my system should be able to handle 1080p without issues. Anyway, I'll keep testing it over the next day or so and see what happens.

Again, thank you for your help.

Shedrock
@shedrock You're welcome Smile

A few things to look at in addition to resolution, given that your issue seems to happen after some extended time:

- is your system getting hot?
- is the CPU maxed or at a high percentage when playing France 24?

and the tricky one:

- check the FPS and kb/s that the video is playing at (keyboard code O during playback)

Some videos can play at a suitable resolution, but the FPS or kb/s can be very high. Even with HDR > Disabled, and Limit to 30fps > Enabled, I especially noticed that some videos at higher resolutions can play at a much higher kb/s - too much for my lower powered devices, and still noticeable on my higher powered ones.

Maybe check these things when the video starts to get a baseline, and later after 1 hour when the jittering starts.
And compare the kb/s between France24 and DW to see if there is a the difference at your chosen playback resolution.

Hope that helps Nod
(2021-10-24, 23:53)jmh2002 Wrote: @nycman Please remove the big post of mine that you quoted - it clutters up the thread unnecessarily.

And, as mentioned in my signature... If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation Smile

sorry, dont know how to remove it
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0