• 246(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-10-25, 15:14)G0mez Wrote: Hi Bart

Been adding finnish translations straight to weblate, as can keep translating lots of other stuff too. Noticed 3 new strings for amber but now I'm wondering where is word 'Cert' been used? Just to make sure I'll translate it correctly
@G0mez , thank you for continuing to translate.  "Cert" is used in the information popup in the right list view for Movies.  It refers to Certification, or age rating, like PG, R, etc.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-10-25, 03:12)pintassilgo Wrote: Just commenting to say thank you. Tried every available theme in Kodi repo and Amber is the best one.
@pintassilgo , thank you for your kind words! Smile

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
bsoriano ' Wrote: @G0mez , thank you for continuing to translate.  "Cert" is used in the information popup in the right list view for Movies.  It refers to Certification, or age rating, like PG, R, etc.

Regards,

Bart

Alrighty, now all are translated.

Btw noticed a bug with latest github version. Playback stops atleast for movies and music when opening context menu
(2021-10-25, 16:28)G0mez Wrote: Btw noticed a bug with latest github version. Playback stops atleast for movies and music when opening context menu

@G0mez , thank you for pointing this out! I just fixed that on GitHub.  Please test and let me know if the issue is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Yes it's fixed now, well done
@shedrock , I think I am pretty much done with the shelves info when you have two shelves together.  Could you please test the latest from GitHub (Matrix or Leia) and let me know what is missing and/or what you would like changed? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-10-25, 15:23)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-10-24, 22:32)fsurfer Wrote: I appear to have a button on the player that does not function, which is a nuisance if you have a long end credit

@fsurfer , the button works, just perhaps not the way you think it should.  That button goes to the Next chapter if the video has chapters, not to the next episode in the show.  As far as I know, there is no Kodi function that I can call from the skin that will go to the next episode in the season.  In fact, that is why you need an addon like Up Next to do something like that. 

Kodi does support to play the next video automatically, which will play the next episode when the current one finishes playing.  You can always turn that setting on.  And if you have long credits, you can always configure the Up Next addon to show you the auto play notification sooner than the 30 seconds that it has as default.

Regards,

Bart
Hi,

aw sorry if I wasted your time, did not realise.
(2021-10-25, 22:25)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , I think I am pretty much done with the shelves info when you have two shelves together. 
Fantastic Bart, the only thing I don't see is the "Next Aired" dates on the top shelves (in my case that's the recently added episodes), but it's no biggie, or it can be added to the "First Aired" date. I do think the cast is truncated, or maybe use the line below, or for that matter, make it scroll. You can see by the attached image. It would also be nice (one day) to change the colors for that area, separate from the rest of the standard colors. Other than that, this is awesome. I love it.

Regards,

Sedrock
Is there a way to remove background darkening? Like in TV view. I want the background to be the chosen image, without any effect applied to it. Tried setting every Tint in Settings > Color to value = none and opacity = 0, but nothing has changed.
(2021-10-25, 23:44)shedrock Wrote: Fantastic Bart, the only thing I don't see is the "Next Aired" dates on the top shelves (in my case that's the recently added episodes), but it's no biggie, or it can be added to the "First Aired" date. I do think the cast is truncated, or maybe use the line below, or for that matter, make it scroll. You can see by the attached image. It would also be nice (one day) to change the colors for that area, separate from the rest of the standard colors. Other than that, this is awesome. I love it.

@shedrock , thanks for the feedback! I will let the cast label scroll.  Please be aware that I will have to limit the amount of cast that will be displayed, since I am building each one so I can have italics and so on for each one.

I will see if I can add next aired info for episodes.  I know I can for TV Shows, but I do not know if it is available for episodes.  

In terms of the colors, what were you envisioning? I am not great with design, unfortunately.  Are you thinking about having a different highlight color for this area, meaning that instead of the amber (or green in your case) it would be different color? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-10-26, 01:20)bsoriano Wrote: Please be aware that I will have to limit the amount of cast that will be displayed, since I am building each one so I can have italics and so on for each one.
I'm cool with that.
(2021-10-26, 01:20)bsoriano Wrote: I will see if I can add next aired info for episodes.  I know I can for TV Shows, but I do not know if it is available for episodes.  
Oh, I assumed that it would just be the same code used when I am in Banner mode where it says next airing date below.
(2021-10-26, 01:20)bsoriano Wrote: Are you thinking about having a different highlight color for this area, meaning that instead of the amber (or green in your case) it would be different color? Please let me know.
Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to. It would just be nice to have a bit of customization in terms of font type for plot, and colors for plot & surrounding text, as well as the area you referred to "green" in my case. No overkill, but it would just make it look a bit more modern, instead of the 2 basic colors.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-10-26, 01:05)pintassilgo Wrote: Is there a way to remove background darkening? Like in TV view. I want the background to be the chosen image, without any effect applied to it. Tried setting every Tint in Settings > Color to value = none and opacity = 0, but nothing has changed.

I think I got it.
Media Views Background Tint = FFFFFFFF
@bsoriano noticed a "bug" with Leia build b55d0cc7e455fa9c84dc9c81715975d859821d7b

while i'm playing a video from my library, when i press the button to bring up the video info, i'm greeted with a box telling me i need Embuary Helper to do such and such

even though all i did was click the button to bring up the video info

i reverted back to version fcff2a2b803a9c7cb411b8a8d4263e96538ee444 and it no longer behaves the same
(2021-10-26, 01:43)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-10-26, 01:20)bsoriano Wrote: Please be aware that I will have to limit the amount of cast that will be displayed, since I am building each one so I can have italics and so on for each one.
I'm cool with that.
(2021-10-26, 01:20)bsoriano Wrote: I will see if I can add next aired info for episodes.  I know I can for TV Shows, but I do not know if it is available for episodes.  
Oh, I assumed that it would just be the same code used when I am in Banner mode where it says next airing date below.
(2021-10-26, 01:20)bsoriano Wrote: Are you thinking about having a different highlight color for this area, meaning that instead of the amber (or green in your case) it would be different color? Please let me know.
Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to. It would just be nice to have a bit of customization in terms of font type for plot, and colors for plot & surrounding text, as well as the area you referred to "green" in my case. No overkill, but it would just make it look a bit more modern, instead of the 2 basic colors.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , please try the latest from GitHub.  The cast now scrolls, and shows up to 10 cast members.  I have added the Next Aired info for episodes (it uses tmdb helper, just like the cast).  It looks like this:

In terms of the colors, thank you for the feedback.  I think it would be great as well.  It is a lot of customization, so I will table it for now and come back to it later.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-10-26, 02:08)BriceysCousin Wrote: @bsoriano noticed a "bug" with Leia build b55d0cc7e455fa9c84dc9c81715975d859821d7b

while i'm playing a video from my library, when i press the button to bring up the video info, i'm greeted with a box telling me i need Embuary Helper to do such and such

even though all i did was click the button to bring up the video info

i reverted back to version fcff2a2b803a9c7cb411b8a8d4263e96538ee444 and it no longer behaves the same
@BriceysCousin , you can go back to the latest build.  Since you do not use embuary helper, you will need to disable "Show Episode List Button" in Amber Settings, Full Screen/OSD.  The episodes list button now requires embuary helper, so that I can also include seasons in the dialog that opens when you press that button.  Please try and let me know if this fixes the issue for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 246(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5