• 12(current)
Release Kodi Matrix UWP Xbox v19.1 Preview
(2021-10-31, 16:18)fabricionaweb Wrote: Im not getting HDR images, I mean, my HDR contents are playing as SDR in my Series S.

Im doing something wrong or HDR is just not ready yet?

HDR and audio passthrough NOT available yet.
For better quality HDR to SDR, is recommended change this:

While playing HDR video go to video settings contextual menu (gear wheel) and under "video settings" set Tone Mapping method to "Hable" and make sure scaling and deinterlacing methods are set both to DXVA. Then hit button "Set as default for all media".

This is new in v19.3 and greatly improves 4K HDR video quality (v18.9 only has basic Reinhard method)
(2021-10-31, 17:55)jogal Wrote: For better quality HDR to SDR, is recommended change this:

While playing HDR video go to video settings contextual menu (gear wheel) and under "video settings" set Tone Mapping method to "Hable" and make sure scaling and deinterlacing methods are set both to DXVA. Then hit button "Set as default for all media".

This is new in v19.3 and greatly improves 4K HDR video quality (v18.9 only has basic Reinhard method)

Wow great improvement thank you so much for this method! 🙂
Another tip:

While playback HDR video, if a PC keyboard is connected to Xbox USB can be used Alt+F11 to switch tone mapping method on the fly.

And Alt+O to see Debug Video OSD infos: HDR metadata, pixel format, video range, video bit depth, resolution, etc.
Information 
Just for your information, i submitted "XBMC Beta Testing" private Xbox app release to Microsoft Store.
When the certification process is done, i will be able to install this "beta version" on my Xbox in Retail Mode.
I will be able to share this private release with any testers if needed (no dev account required).
This release is NOT public and is for testing purpose only with a fast dev/deploy/test path for me.
I updated all Kodi images and logos to include a "beta testing" mention.

Here is my related repo for this future "XBMC Beta Testing" app based on current Kodi Matrix code:
https://github.com/Chicopower/xbmc/tree/...ing-Matrix

My goal is to help Kodi Open Source project.
If Kodi team is not happy with this move, i will delete this app.
If everything is fine, with Microsoft certification process done, i will be able to try a first possible Xbox Kodi add-on security fix next weekend.
I may use this private app for other bugs too.

Thx, and happy Halloween ! Wink
Hi i have a issue on my series X with live tv using the tvheadened client from the pvr clients.

The problem is everytime when i want to watch live tv i have to turn off hw accelaration.
With hw accelaration on i get weird artifacts and there is no audio very annoying....

Is this a known issue?
What is needed for hdr playback to work?
Main PC:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO 4.6ghz all core | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders edition + EK vector Block
ASUS PG27UQ 4K 144Hz HDR G-sync monitor | LG CX 55" OLED TV 120Hz 4K HDR G-sync
Gskill TridentZ 32GB 2x(16GB) DDR4 @3200mhz | Gigabyte X570S Master
(2021-11-01, 09:09)Valkyrie743 Wrote: What is needed for hdr playback to work?

Someone to code it.
(2021-11-01, 00:00)Pienoet Wrote: Is this a known issue?

No. Probably worth opening a new thread and post screenshot and debug log.
(2021-11-01, 11:05)jogal Wrote:
(2021-11-01, 00:00)Pienoet Wrote: Is this a known issue?

No. Probably worth opening a new thread and post screenshot and debug log.

Thanks will do that!
how did you set video on kodi in xbox? When I am watching 4k mkv video i think that it isnt smooth....
(2021-11-01, 17:58)toffik21 Wrote: how did you set video on kodi in xbox? When I am watching 4k mkv video i think that it isnt smooth....

On Settings > Player "Adjust display refresh rate"  is On Start/Stop ?
When is 19.4 due? Can we not get 19.3.1 in the mean time?
(2021-11-01, 10:06)Hitcher Wrote:

Someone to code it.
ahh ok. i thought there was some limitation on the xbox or something that was holding it back
Main PC:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO 4.6ghz all core | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders edition + EK vector Block
ASUS PG27UQ 4K 144Hz HDR G-sync monitor | LG CX 55" OLED TV 120Hz 4K HDR G-sync
Gskill TridentZ 32GB 2x(16GB) DDR4 @3200mhz | Gigabyte X570S Master
(2021-11-02, 05:30)Valkyrie743 Wrote:
(2021-11-01, 10:06)Hitcher Wrote:

Someone to code it.
ahh ok. i thought there was some limitation on the xbox or something that was holding it back

Going to be a glorious day when it comes. Plex has it so definitely shouldn’t be an issue I’d imagine. Know nothing of programming but hopefully it’s not difficult.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix UWP Xbox v19.1 Preview0