• 219(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2021-11-26, 13:59)udangaribaldi Wrote: well you dont necessarily need a menu bar - those items can be put on a 'button'

It would be a very good idea to migrate some actions from the menu to floor buttons, where currently there are only 3 (power, favorites, search): . File Manager, Skin Settings, Commands, Libary Nodes Editor Clean/Update Library, Speedtester, ....

Kodi's solution to making often needed actions instantly available is either to misuse the power menu, which must be rejected, or the combined use of two excellent programs: Commands and KeymapEditor. In my opinion the two programs do not obviate the need for extra floor buttons as suggested above, as:--
(1) not all actions can be included in Commands,
and
(2) it is very easy to forget which keys you have configured in KeymapEditor for which action, and where you have put the cheat sheet documenting the changes. (You cannot put it on the main screen - Kodi does not read PDFs.) A bunch of floor buttons with descriptive names/imagery is a good alternative.
(2021-11-26, 13:59)udangaribaldi Wrote: well you dont necessarily need a menu bar - those items can be put on a 'button'

It would be a very good idea to migrate some actions from the menu to floor buttons, where currently there are only 3 (power, favorites, search): . File Manager, Skin Settings, Commands, Libary Nodes Editor Clean/Update Library, Speedtester, ....

Kodi's solution to making often needed actions instantly available is either to misuse the power menu, which must be rejected, or the combined use of two excellent programs: Commands and KeymapEditor. In my opinion the two programs do not obviate the need for extra floor buttons as suggested above, as:--
(1) not all actions can be included in Commands,
and
(2) it is very easy to forget which keys you have configured in KeymapEditor for which action, and where you have put the cheat sheet documenting the changes. (You cannot put it on the main screen - Kodi does not read PDFs.) A bunch of floor buttons with descriptive names/imagery is a good alternative.
Please don't reconfigure the floor buttons as this guy is asking for or at least make it optional only.  Some of us like everything where it already is, particularly since we're used to it and it's been that way forever (and my search button is not with the power button as that's an absurd place to search, in the power off menu?!  What does the power menu have to do with searching for media items?).
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
1. If you had payed any attention to what I posted you would have understood that adding more floor buttons to the standard 3 is optional by definition. Some users may never have noticed these buttons. And those that wish to populate this otherwise wasted real estate are unlikely to choose the exact same extension set.

2. Ever since there was Confluence putting these 3 buttons on the floor has been optional. There is no need to change that.

3. The search button is not inside the power button but alongside it.

4. If "leaving all as it is" was a maxim of software (UI) design there would never have been an extended version of Confluence.
i tinkered in an extra floorbutton for 'reloadskin' with a show/hide settings  
just copy an existing floor buttons control and change id and the onclick and the hide label - then copy the settings similarly.  
as for not adding more to the floorbuttons - it is also easy to create a 'sideblade' menu on the homescreen  - so you could also stick stuff in there too, if desired  

the 'search' is an optional floorbutton - need addon/plugin to use it - plus the 'search' default location is atop of the menubar  

i like experimenting with xonfluence - what is possible, what could you do! so,  Smile  you could squash the menubar down to the size of a floorbutton, re-position it to the floorbuttons position - using icons for the menu items (the button would scroll) - now all that space taken up by the menubar can be utilized for customisation - near enough the full screen to work with, tinker with widget layouts - 2 rows, 3 rows, wall.
@udangaribaldi 
It is all extremely interesting -- especially the 3-row widgets and the extra sideblade.
Can you please post the code?
(I am aware of your videos on Youtube showcasing some of your tinkerings but they are confusing and difficult to replicate. Just post the code with explanatory comments between the lines, if you are so kind.)
Hello,
i have a lttle problem. I use Kodi 19.3 and xonfluence 4.1.5.

I have all installed and the most worked perfect for me but i have no covers at movie collections and i cant edit, there is no button (information button) to add another picture. In the folder with the movies, i have pictures of it and here is the information button to add another picture. How can i solve it?

Here are pictures what i mean,
https://i.imgur.com/GtTeZeG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/LXpx4l5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0dMq91l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Q0cSIUS.jpg

Another problem, at every movie says it has 0B. Why dont load it the right stats? 

again a picture what i mean,
https://i.imgur.com/W8BsjwH.jpg

I hope anyone can help me to solve the problems. Big thanks Smile

Best Regards Smile
(2021-12-01, 11:12)Lava303 Wrote: Another problem, at every movie says it has 0B. Why dont load it the right stats? 

How is Kodi connected to your file source with movies? Which file protocol is used? Or is it a local harddisk?
(2021-12-01, 11:24)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-12-01, 11:12)Lava303 Wrote: Another problem, at every movie says it has 0B. Why dont load it the right stats? 

How is Kodi connected to your file source with movies? Which file protocol is used? Or is it a local harddisk?

Local Harddisk.
Hm... And what hardware do you run Kodi on? Do a healthcheck of the disk on a PC just to make sure there are no rotten bits or faulty FAT tables.
(2021-12-01, 11:34)Klojum Wrote: Hm... And what hardware do you run Kodi on? Do a healthcheck of the disk on a PC just to make sure there are no rotten bits or faulty FAT tables.

Thats a new HDD with 5TB, format with NTFS. In Section "Series" working all perfect. Another Hardware, Win 10 Enterprise, 16GB Ram, Ryzen 5 5600G, etc., i think that is not a problem from my hardware.
to get rows - you can add as many as you want but more tinkering will be required - im just showing the basis of what you need to do 
as an example im using the PosterSmallWidgetLayout in the IncludesHomeWidget.xml 
set your menubar to the low position  
* you'll need to do the other widgetlayouts
@DiMag , once I am done with the integration of skinshortcuts into Xonfluence, you will be able to assign a lot of those functions that you mention to menu/submenu items, or even to widget items.  I am not planning on adding any more floor buttons.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-12-01, 11:48)Lava303 Wrote: Thats a new HDD with 5TB, format with NTFS. In Section "Series" working all perfect. Another Hardware, Win 10 Enterprise, 16GB Ram, Ryzen 5 5600G, etc., i think that is not a problem from my hardware.

@Lava303 , unfortunately, it does not seem to be a problem with the skin either.  Could you please provide a debug log (https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy) in order to evaluate further? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-12-02, 16:44)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-12-01, 11:48)Lava303 Wrote: Thats a new HDD with 5TB, format with NTFS. In Section "Series" working all perfect. Another Hardware, Win 10 Enterprise, 16GB Ram, Ryzen 5 5600G, etc., i think that is not a problem from my hardware.

@Lava303 , unfortunately, it does not seem to be a problem with the skin either.  Could you please provide a debug log (https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy) in order to evaluate further? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Here is it Wink

https://paste.kodi.tv/kadaboqiga
  • 219(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13