• 4(current)
Release Mimic-LR (Lyrebird-Rmod) - Matrix version
(2021-11-27, 19:10)pk72 Wrote: Hi,

In the playback bar / seek bar, there doesn't appear to  be a 'cog' icon on the bar, like there is when I use the Aeon Nox Silvo skin.

Is it possible to : 

1. Change the position of the playback bar, from top of the screen to bottom of the screen?

2. Change time remaining to time elapsed?

Thanks for your efforts with the skin.
I assume the "cog" you refer to brings up a settings dialog or some sort?  For video playback, various playback settings are already handled by the various other buttons (video icon, audio icon, subtitle icon, etc all bring up various playback settings dialogs).  If there are some other sorts playback settings that you might want to change on the fly, let me know the details of what's missing, and I can try to add them in there (either on one of the existing dialogs, or maybe another button)

The progress bar already displays time elapsed on the left side. 

Putting in a skin setting for changing the location of the playback controls might be possible.
(2021-11-30, 04:27)randallspicher Wrote:
(2021-11-25, 06:36)chitridang Wrote: If the movie is scrapped, I can choose between poster and fanart or can use th info dialog. If the movie is not srapped, I can not choose the different artwork nor use the info dialog... Huh
https://i.postimg.cc/R0cw833N/fanart.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/NMDmsWkt/poster.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/JnMjW1JK/Noscrape.jpg
In list view, is it possible to change from thumbnail to poster as default?

That is correct.  If the movie is not scraped into the database, Kodi does not know anything about what sort of media it is looking at, all it knows when browsing the filesystem is that it's either a subdirectory, or a random file.   When viewing un-scanned directories, kodi will look inside the directory for a folder.jpg (or possibly falls back to any random image it happens to find in that directory) and returns that as the thumb to the skin for the directory.  When viewing an individual media file (the mkv itself), kodi will (on the fly) try to generate a thumbnail from the video (if it can) and return that as "thumb".  Kodi will not return any other types of artwork or other metadata to the skin unless the movie (or show or whatever) has been scanned into the database and can be matched to a corresponding record there.   If you want any other artwork to display than randomly found files (for a subdirectory) or a randomly generated thumb (for a media file) you *must* scan the movies into the kodi database first, so that kodi can populate those other artwork fields and other metadata and return them to the skin to display.
@randallspicher 
Thanks a lot for the information Smile
"Putting in a skin setting for changing the location of the playback controls might be possible"

That would be great, thank you.

The skin is excellent by the way, thanks for your efforts.
Is possible to add an indicator of a loading bar when clicking on a next page on add-ons like YouTube
@randallspicher 
Are the local artworks of a movie be scraped if I put them in the "Movie set information folder"? I have tried but failed. Does the MSIF work in Kodi Matrix yet?
I still love your skin and use it every day. Unfortunately I don't know how to upload screenshots here, but I wrote the second post with the Columbo pictures. In your skin, in contrast to the original Mimic, I am missing the second line in the top left corner. On the pictures as an example "5 of 12 entries". Can you add that or have I set something wrong? Best regards from Germany and thank you very much for your great work.
(2021-12-01, 22:11)jrod10133 Wrote: Is possible to add an indicator of a loading bar when clicking on a next page on add-ons like YouTube

There is a busy dialog present in the skin, which should pop-up when when kodi is busy.  There seems to be some issue with it however.  (I tested a different skin with a plugin, and saw it pop up there, but it seems to be broken in Mimic-LR.  I've never really looked at that dialog before, so it will take some experimenting to figure out how it operates.
@randallspicher 
I have found this file on the web
https://www.mediafire.com/file/lh8g48ow2...t.xml/file
It works on your skin. In list view, the poster is big! Laugh
https://i.postimg.cc/2Sg22QK5/listView.jpg
@randallspicher 
How can I add or remove an item from Home Menu? Huh
Is there a way to add a busy spinner to know when something is waiting to be loaded? Love your work on this skin @randallspicher  Keep up the great work.
I recently setting kodi again and I love mimic.lr skin. But i got an issue for home screen - widgets.
I made menu for tv show and made smart playlists as a widget.
It shows well tv shows as a thumnail but when I click it, there is no response. Just long press button it pops out menus.
In the past, when you press the button, it showed the episode list. But no more.
Anyone who help?

Love mimic skin & Thanks for your great effort.
@randallspicher
Do you keep on working on rhis skin? I like it very much
(2021-12-01, 22:11)jrod10133 Wrote: Is possible to add an indicator of a loading bar when clicking on a next page on add-ons like YouTube

(2021-12-07, 06:28)lwilli1026 Wrote: Is there a way to add a busy spinner to know when something is waiting to be loaded? Love your work on this skin @randallspicher Keep up the great work.

That was a bug in the BusyDialog, which was not displaying anything for some reason.  I fixed it in the latest betas.
(2021-12-29, 15:43)euqis Wrote: I recently setting kodi again and I love mimic.lr skin. But i got an issue for home screen - widgets.
I made menu for tv show and made smart playlists as a widget.
It shows well tv shows as a thumnail but when I click it, there is no response. Just long press button it pops out menus.
In the past, when you press the button, it showed the episode list. But no more.
Anyone who help?

Love mimic skin & Thanks for your great effort.
There seems to be some weird issue with the the way the playlists interact with skin shortcuts plugin that generates all that stuff.  If the playlist is set up to return "groups" of items (which includes "tvshows", which is a group of episodes), rather than display an individual media file (song, movie, or episode), the resulting list doesn't have any actual URL on any of the items, which I believe is because skinshortcuts is not generating any library "target=" for playlists on the content tag it generates when it builds the xml for the home page , which then evidently leaves kodi confused about what sort of activation urls to generate (should it generate a url to activate the media library navigation?  or the music library? etc), so kodi gives up and does not bother to return any url with the list items. (if it is an individual song, or video item (episode/movie) then kodi knows to build a url to that individual media file, but something like "genre" or "tag" or "tvshow" needs a filter url to one of the libraries (to load a filtered library navigation page), so evidently requires a hint from the <content> tag that tells it which library to point at.  Which is all actually odd, because the file paths for each item returning in the playlist all specify the library... so not sure why kodi would have trouble figuring out which library to build a navigation url to...

Anyway, I added some logic to the sub-template that renders the widget content to examine the file path for the item and determine if it came from playlist (is a filtered search), and figure out if it should load a music or video navigation, and toss in a manual onclick to activate navigation in the appropriate library for the item.   Fix is in the lasted beta.
(2021-12-06, 04:51)chitridang Wrote: @randallspicher 
How can I add or remove an item from Home Menu? Huh

Go to  Settings -> Skin,   then under "Home Window" the first item on the right should be "setup menus and widgets".  click on that and it will open the skin shortcuts plugin menu builder.  The left-side items would be the actual main menu items, and you can bring up the context menu on each to do things like move it, or delete it, or disable it, or insert a new menu item.   on the right side is the features of each menu item (once you highlight it on the left), which is where you can do things like change the label, change what clicking on it does, attach widgets to it, configure it's sub-menu, etc.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic-LR (Lyrebird-Rmod) - Matrix version0