Solved Artwork Default to Local File?
As I understand it, Kodi does not, by default, use Artwork saved locally (i.e. in the same folder containing the corresponding media) for television and movies. For example, if I download a clearlogo image, Kodi will only use that image if I tell it to use that specific local file over one sourced through scrapers, or if I refresh the Information for that piece of media and choose "no" when asked whether to refresh online or not.

So, I'm wondering:

1) Can Kodi source local artwork by default for television and movies and, if so how?

OR

2) Is it at least possible to run a refresh of entire television and movie libraries without fetching online and having to perform a manual refresh on each piece of media?

Thank you in advance for any help!
(2021-12-19, 20:00)DoubleR Wrote: As I understand it, Kodi does not, by default, use Artwork saved locally
You understand wrong. Local is the primary source, scrapers are a fallback.

(2021-12-19, 20:00)DoubleR Wrote: 2) Is it at least possible to run a refresh of entire television and movie libraries without fetching online and having to perform a manual refresh on each piece of media?
There is no bulk refresh option. That is simply the same as deleting your library source and rescanning it. That is what you will need to do.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-12-19, 20:17)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-12-19, 20:00)DoubleR Wrote: As I understand it, Kodi does not, by default, use Artwork saved locally
Thank you for clarifying. I guess my system is misbehaving then. How can I troubleshoot this and ensure that local is pulled over the primary source?

I've confirmed that my Artwork files are named properly.
(2021-12-19, 20:22)DoubleR Wrote: I guess my system is misbehaving then.
Provide the following two items for a problem movie:

1. Screenshot of the movie folder so I can clearly see the contents of the folder
2. Debug Log of you scanning the movie into the library. Delete it first if it is already in the library. It will help if you also modify the movie folder name slightly so Kodi sees it as a new movie, not a rescan.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
OK. In prepping the logs, I do see that the local is preferred over scraped. The problem was that I hadn't yet considered the ramifications of your earlier statement: "There is no bulk refresh option. That is simply the same as deleting your library source and rescanning it. That is what you will need to do."

I understand how this works now. Thank you very much for your help!
(2021-12-19, 22:17)DoubleR Wrote: I understand how this works now. Thank you very much for your help!
Great!!
I'll mark this solved.
My Signature
(2021-12-19, 20:17)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-12-19, 20:00)DoubleR Wrote: 2) Is it at least possible to run a refresh of entire television and movie libraries without fetching online and having to perform a manual refresh on each piece of media?
There is no bulk refresh option. That is simply the same as deleting your library source and rescanning it. That is what you will need to do.
What I do sometimes is go to settings>library>video then use the context menu to select "change source" on the folder containing the videos. Then just change the scraper to local only and when you click ok it asks if you want to rescan everything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Default to Local File?0