• 3(current)
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2021-11-22, 17:12)udobroemme Wrote: It works (almost).

I had to remove
xml:
<requirement>HAS_MVC</requirement>
from the settings.xml due to a hen-and-egg problem. Otherwise the new setting isn't available because Kodi deactivates the Windows 3D setting on startup.

Hello I registered here to speak with you about windows 10 builds. I've been doing some guest reading and sifting through the old topic that had 244 replies before they merged to this new one.

I am having some major issues getting MVC blu-ray to play on my windows machine HTPC.
It's a dedicated PC with a GTX 1060 using the  425  (last 3d drivers) and then output to a Optoma 3D projector.

I'm using 1809 build and I noticed you said anything over 1803 was having issues? I am seeming to have major trouble myself.
  • The first trouble I had was that half the time windows wont switch the projector to 3D mode when I enable it in Nvidia control panel.
  • When I turn 3D on and off the resolution is getting really messed up
  • 3D content wont play because the renderer cant seem to detect that there is a MVC file present, so it only outputs  AVC instead.
  • It puts my projector into crazy big resolutions that are not the standard 1080p  3d  24hz refresh

I've read that this could be related to windows 10 build 1809, apparently microsoft broke something in later versions?
Do you think I should  go down to 1803 or even 1607?

I am starting to see that 3D has been stopped in almost every major software now.  Intel isn't wanting to support it.
Nvidia totally removed it from their newer drivers.
Looks like Microsoft broke it or removed it from newer versions of windows.

A fellow poster from the AVSForums told me that he uses  Windows 8.1 and 3D MVC works great on it,  I'm guessing this is because it was back when 3D was in its prime?

What do you suggest with my issues.
thank you.
I also forgot to mention that I've seen it doing this   as well
Which you mentioned earlier.  It  did this one time.

I honestly think it's a problem with some microsoft service or .dll or runtime that is having issues with the 3D in newer versions of windows.

I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of us are seeing similar issues, but we have  different hardware
(2021-12-20, 13:34)NeoWick Wrote:
  • The first trouble I had was that half the time windows wont switch the projector to 3D mode when I enable it in Nvidia control panel.
  • 3D content wont play because the renderer cant seem to detect that there is a MVC file present, so it only outputs  AVC instead.
  • It puts my projector into crazy big resolutions that are not the standard 1080p  3d  24hz refresh
 Lets go over the issues one by one:
  • I don't have a PC as your configuration but if NVidia has a secondary control over 3D display - it might contradict the Windows setting. So try to enable the 3D display in NVidia CC and then verify it is also enabled in the Windows Display settings, if not, enable it as well there. In such cases I would advice to disable to auto set of 3D Display by KODI.
  •  This is a known issue - still WIP and only affecting certain HW configurations. It is caused by how KODI is initializing the overlays during start. Try to see if it is working correctly when you apply the remote desktop workaround listed here (might require for auto 3D Display to be on) - this is well shown in the screenshot you shared
  • Did you apply the sw dll patch of Intel Media SDK? If you, you need to change the MVC decoding level in the KODI player settings->Video - try to set it to a lower value. In case auto 3D Display is off and 3D Display setting is disabled in both NVIDIA CC and Windows Display settings, you should see a top-bottom image which is properly decoded (split screen, one eye at the top, second eye at the bottom).
  •  What does the projector say in the projector current frame info screen?
(2021-12-21, 09:02)damagedspline Wrote:
(2021-12-20, 13:34)NeoWick Wrote:
 Lets go over the issues one by one:
  • I don't have a PC as your configuration but if NVidia has a secondary control over 3D display - it might contradict the Windows setting. So try to enable the 3D display in NVidia CC and then verify it is also enabled in the Windows Display settings, if not, enable it as well there. In such cases I would advice to disable to auto set of 3D Display by KODI.
  •  This is a known issue - still WIP and only affecting certain HW configurations. It is caused by how KODI is initializing the overlays during start. Try to see if it is working correctly when you apply the remote desktop workaround listed here (might require for auto 3D Display to be on) - this is well shown in the screenshot you shared
  • Did you apply the sw dll patch of Intel Media SDK? If you, you need to change the MVC decoding level in the KODI player settings->Video - try to set it to a lower value. In case auto 3D Display is off and 3D Display setting is disabled in both NVIDIA CC and Windows Display settings, you should see a top-bottom image which is properly decoded (split screen, one eye at the top, second eye at the bottom).
  •  What does the projector say in the projector current frame info screen?

I never used the dll patch, do you have anywhere I could download that to try that out?

The current frame info.  I'm not sure how to check that , can you elaborate further? Thanks for the information. I will check the link you posted.
(2021-12-21, 12:50)NeoWick Wrote: I never used the dll patch, do you have anywhere I could download that to try that out?

The current frame info.  I'm not sure how to check that , can you elaborate further? Thanks for the information. I will check the link you posted.

The DLL patch is for enabling MVC decoding for NVIDIA and AMD GPUs: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2886330
It is done by downloading the libmfxsw64.dll and placing it in the installed kodi directory (or maybe system32) - I dont have such system so I cant say for sure.

Maybe Optoma projectors dont have such dialog in the menus... On Epsons it lists the current frame details - resolution, BPP, color format, broadcast protocol (frame packed/interlaced/progressive/etc...)
Thanks for this great fork, I am trying to deal with getting my projector (ViewSonic m2) to realize the content is 3d but it just didn't work
bumping into this thread, I see that I need to enable the "3d display mode" in windows display properties - but for some reason I don't have it
I find that weird I am using the latest NVIDIA drivers (3060) and I know the projector is 3d capable, so why is this option missing from windows?
(2021-12-22, 22:11)ofirdan Wrote: Thanks for this great fork, I am trying to deal with getting my projector (ViewSonic m2) to realize the content is 3d but it just didn't work
bumping into this thread, I see that I need to enable the "3d display mode" in windows display properties - but for some reason I don't have it
I find that weird I am using the latest NVIDIA drivers (3060) and I know the projector is 3d capable, so why is this option missing from windows?
There are several possibilities:
1) Verify that all of the devices & cables on the hdmi chain are 3d frame packing capable.
2) Verify that the projector supports 3d frame packing
3) On Windows 11 that setting has changed location, but searching it in the settings fond bar should find it.

Explanation: Windows will hide it if the graphics card does not recognise 3D capable flow to the display device
Thank you for the reply
in order to eliminate the NVIDA driver issues (I understand they removed 3d support for the 30XX cards see here) I took another PC which has the "3d display mode" and tested
the results still fail, and the ViewSonic didn't recognize the 3d mode
I checked with this tool and everything passes *URL AND IMAGE LINKS REMOVED BY MODERATOR*
(2021-12-23, 13:26)ofirdan Wrote: I checked with this tool and everything passes

Please do not post vague links to unknown/unverified .exe files on this forum. We prefer to keep this forum clean from all external threats.
Also, your image links were no longer working. If you want to upload images, use the i-button in the text editor.
Fixed thread

1) NUC windows 10, connected via HDMI 2.0 cable directly to ViewSonic M2 projector, single display
2) selection of display as 3d, 1080p, 60 hz (tried other hz as well)
3) played the ISO 3d file via this version of Kodi

ViewSonic doesn't recognize the 3d source, and doesnt turn on "3d setting" in the OSD

What else can I do to "debug" this?
Hi
Hdmi 1.4 only.
this mod does'nt with 2.x.
Use a converter , downscaler or AV witht 1.4
Good luck
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
(2021-12-23, 20:34)Aphykit2006 Wrote: Hi
Hdmi 1.4 only.
this mod does'nt with 2.x.
Use a converter , downscaler or AV witht 1.4
Good luck

I have an HDMI 1.4 cable, I tested with it and it didn't work either - could it be the PC or the projector which has 2.x  ports there cant "downgrade" the signal?
How can I be sure to deliver 1.4 signal from the source to the receiver?

Is there a SW based solution?
(2021-12-24, 07:49)ofirdan Wrote: Is there a SW based solution?

I own a CoffeLake NUC (gen 8) and it is not possible to fix it by SW. Issue is in the HW design, which was caused by embedding a 3rd party HW part to internally split the USB-C DP port to HDMI.

That is why I bought a cheap Celeron based NUC-like by Gigabyte which actually has an HDMI 2.0 port that also supports 3D frame packing, but suffers by a bug in the kodi overlay startup that cause bad rendering of full frame 3D in full screen mode ( 3D full frame in kodi's windowed mode works fine), i am working on a fix but cant provide ETA.
Mine is Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BNH
Does it suffer from the same issue?

How can I switch to Kodi windows mode to test?

BTW I recalled I also own a Xbox one s that supports 3d can I run Kodi mvc on it to test or another method? (reminder I don't have a physical blu-ray 3d disk to test.... Trying to get one)
(2021-12-24, 16:07)ofirdan Wrote: Mine is Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BNH
Does it suffer from the same issue?

How can I switch to Kodi windows mode to test?

BTW I recalled I also own a Xbox one s that supports 3d can I run Kodi mvc on it to test or another method? (reminder I don't have a physical blu-ray 3d disk to test.... Trying to get one)
You can download full frame mvc samples from https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback0