Solved Emulators Within Kodi have Blue/Pink Washed Out Colors
Did a fresh install of 19.3. Coming from 18.4 Leia. Got everything set back up and the movies/video works well so far but I can't seem to get this figured out. The emulators and roms work fine outside of Kodi, I can even successfully launch Retroarch from Kodi, but I like the quick integrated launch of using the retroplayer. I have tried local roms and IAGL just to try different things and settings. Anyways, this https://imgur.com/a/VgbkjWa is what all my games look like. Have tried SNES, NES, and Sega Genisis. Have also tried multiple emulators. Does anyone have any ideas? I feel like I should know what this is called, but couldn't find any similar posts about it. Thanks
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I'm sorry guys I should have included this. https://paste.kodi.tv/inuxebuxoc.kodi

In this example I loaded up Kodi and then tried running a Sega Genisis rom and an SNES rom to recreate the issue. Games seem to run fine besides the color scheme as seen in that other picture.
Just to let everyone know I did a fresh install of 18.6 Leia and the messed up colors are gone. Going to try newer versions until it happens. I'll report back here in case it helps anyone.
Ok looks like every version but 19.3 works fine, weird. Whatever changed in 19.3 makes games have those weird messed up colors. Hope this helps, seems like a bug.
Actually 19.3 and 19.2 have the issue. Currently using 19.1 and it's fine.
I'm no expert, but I do see this in the log:
xml:

CWinShader::LoadEffect: loading shader special://xbmc/system/shaders/rp_output_d3d.fx

It may be some default shader thats in the new version thats messing it up. Can you bring up the context menu when playing and change the shader(s) or video settings to see if it makes a difference?
Thanks for checking. I did try that and no effect. Went to 18.9 for stability reasons. Also looked at new logs for 18.9 and it seems to have that same exact shader. Maybe I'll load this into notepad++ and compare https://paste.kodi.tv/acoyikovib.kodi
Works good...
(2021-12-22, 21:18)maryg Wrote: Works good...

You have now posted 4 total nonsense texts on this forum, which are not making us happy.
I suggest you stop being annoying, or you will find out ho-ho-how quickly your forum account will be closed.
I have the same issue although I note it only occurs on my laptop that has a 4k display. The same build works find on a non UHD pc.
The debug log uploaded by @graf1 shows a resolution of "4096x2160 32Bit at 59Hz". It's possible that 4k is the cause of the problem. I don't have any 4k hardware, but I'm thinking of upgrading my TV this year so in the future I should be able to look into this.
Did anybody ever figure this out? I have the exact same issue. I am running a 1080p 75 hz monitor. So i know that isn't it. And i have used this setup on many other versions and never had an issue. I just rolled back to 19.1 and it works great
Hello. I'm having the same issue on build 19.4, but only with my 4k Sony tv. Other pc's I have w 1080p or lower work fine with 19.4. I have researched this issue extensively to no avail. I have, however, found a temporary work around. If you replace only the kodi.exe in the Program folder with kodi.exe from a 19.1 build, the games look normal again. Does not seem to negatively affect the rest of my build. Hope this helps...Happy Easter!
The problem has been narrowed to between 19.1 and 19.2. Good news, we only have 62 PRs to go through: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues?q=is...ix+19.2%22 . I'll start asking around to see which PRs are likely candidates for the breakage, and we'll do test builds with them reverted to find out which PR introduced the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Emulators Within Kodi have Blue/Pink Washed Out Colors0