• 5(current)
Release Madnox (Matrix) (WIP)
Happy Holidays everyone!    Big Grin

I prefer thumbs to keep their original aspect ratio.

Regards...
(2021-12-26, 12:33)justin150 Wrote: Welcome back to Mr V, and a Happy Xmas/New Year.

This skin is my daily driver on my laptop and is rock solid.  I have only one suggestion - part of which may not be possible due to Kodi limitations rather than skin limitations - it would be nice in widget info to have not just the rating by also the number of votes and (this is the bit that might not be possible) the option to have other ratings such as Rotten Tomatoes
It's possible to do. Not at the moment though as I need to get the skin ready for submitting to the matrix repo.

Happy new year!!
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2021-12-26, 12:36)ontap Wrote: I have always preferred the flat look .

(2021-12-26, 15:49)lynxstrike Wrote: Happy Holidays everyone!    Big Grin

Regards...

Thanks for the info. I will make the images flatter and keep the aspect ratio where ever I can.

Any thoughts on the reflect option?
I am Looking at removing this too. Will be a flatter look and less code. The skin in general will also be a little bit snappier.

Any thoughts?

Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
@Mr. V 

Great to see you back!

I too prefer original aspect ratios. I could live without the reflection.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1.2 | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.6.5 | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.9

Agree , losing the reflection is worth it if it helps skin be quicker.
I too could live without the reflection.

Regards,
I tried this skin and it's very lightweight.
I have two requests if it is possible.
1. Smaller widgets thumbnails and also adding cast and director names
2. Different layout for favorites. Something like Amber favorites
Greeting, love the skin...just want to point out a typo in DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml :

Line 46:
<visible>Player.Proces(videohwdecoder)</visible>        

Line 51:
<visible>!Player.Proces(videohwdecoder)</visible>                    

Should be Player.Process (needs an S at the end). This is causing everything to read as software mode.

Cheers,
Matt
@Mr. V 

Looks like I'm a little late to the party, lol. Welcome back Mr. V, hope you had a good Xmas, glad to see your OK. Look forward to the upcoming updates as usual.

Smile

Dan / Gib.
(2021-12-27, 05:10)Mr. V Wrote:
(2021-12-26, 12:36)ontap Wrote: I have always preferred the flat look .

(2021-12-26, 15:49)lynxstrike Wrote: Happy Holidays everyone!    Big Grin

Regards...

Thanks for the info. I will make the images flatter and keep the aspect ratio where ever I can.

Any thoughts on the reflect option?
I am Looking at removing this too. Will be a flatter look and less code. The skin in general will also be a little bit snappier.

Any thoughts?

I 'like' the reflections, but they aren't a deal-breaker for me. If it simplifies the skin, and makes coding easier for you, by all means get rid.

Smile

EDIT: Would replacing reflections with some sort of shadowing effect (since that's also present in the skin in other areas) be less expensive coding-wise?

Dan / Gib.
(2021-12-23, 21:55)Fietspomp Wrote:
(2021-12-23, 20:25)kittmaster Wrote: I have just found this skin and spent a few days configuring it......I am sold......as of the post before mine....it seems there was an update to it hours ago.

This is the first time I've use a skin outside of the Kodi repo.....I plan to stay with it....I don't want to corrupt or start over the settings.

What is the proper way to update it? I don't think it does it automatically...can someone advise?

Thanks!
Just re-download the zip from Github and install from zipfile in Kodi, it'll update it that way.

Understood, thank you.

To the question about rounded corners....dump em if it keeps aspect ratio correctly......and I think reflect is a nice touch...but ok if it goes....I run it on a firestick 4k and it seems very responsive.....not sure how much more improvement not having it would yield.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
@Mr. V, welcome back! I am really glad that you are doing better. Happy Holidays!

For my part, I am perfectly fine without the rounded corners and the reflections. Keep up the great work! Smile

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Is there any control on how to select the default startup menu item on Kodi load?

My main menu is horizontal: Movies | TV Shows | Weather | Videos | Add-Ons | System

When it starts, it always defaults to "Videos". I am wanting it to start on "Movies". I combed the skin settings and see nothing to tell it what item to start with.

I looked at the file: Includes_Home.xml line 605 and tried to play with <focusposition> from 3 to 0 and while that causes the select to change to "Movies" it also pushes "Movies" to the far left for selection when it is typically "Centered" in the menu bar itself when scrolling left/right to select it.

Is there some xml tag I can add to keep the bar centered and have "Movies" my default startup selection?

Thanks.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
@kittmaster 

Leave the xml in it's default state. Go into "Settings>Interface Settings> Skin>Configure Skin>General>Main Menu - Edit", in there you can change the order of main menu items by selecting an item on the left then using the the buttons on the top row of the right to move the item up or down and add or delete items. Move the item you want to be your startup default (in your case Movies) to, I believe it's, the fourth position in the list. That should make it the default position when starting Kodi. There might also be a shortcut on the home screen in the "System" submenu, I don't remember if it's there by default or I added it.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1.2 | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.6.5 | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.9

(2021-12-29, 23:29)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @kittmaster 

Leave the xml in it's default state. Go into "Settings>Interface Settings> Skin>Configure Skin>General>Main Menu - Edit", in there you can change the order of main menu items by selecting an item on the left then using the the buttons on the top row of the right to move the item up or down and add or delete items. Move the item you want to be your startup default (in your case Movies) to, I believe it's, the fourth position in the list. That should make it the default position when starting Kodi. There might also be a shortcut on the home screen in the "System" submenu, I don't remember if it's there by default or I added it.

I would like to keep the order because that is how I originally wanted the menu horizontal menu structure to flow and used the move method you described to achieve that. I didn't see any shortcut, and I normally wouldn't start hacking up files, but this particular setting is pretty important to me. Is it possible to reassign it via the .xml? Thanks.
Mr. V's Original Source
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Matrix) (WIP)0