• 148(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
(2022-01-18, 17:04)stooovie Wrote: Universal Movie Scraper stopped scraping newly added movies for me in November
Must be about the time you enabled the setting described in item 1d here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes, it was. Thanks, I'm bookmarking that FAQ for future reference.
(2022-01-18, 19:22)Karellen Wrote: Must be about the time you enabled the setting described in item 1d here... 336969 (thread)

@Karellen I'm aware of this setting and leave it unchecked for the most part but I was curious as to exactly what it does, specifically in relation to the Stinger Scene Notification add-on. I always thought I needed to enable tags to make sure when I scraped a movie UMS would pull the aftercreditsstinger and duringcreditsstinger tags and add them to the file. Is this correct? Sorry if this should be in the Stinger thread.
@junitodx

No, that is not correct. That setting is about your video file, not about what is on the scraper sites or what other addons need. Also, the Stinger Scene addon has the ability to scrape your library for the required aftercreditsstinger and duringcreditsstinger tags.

You should always leave that setting disabled unless you have deliberately added correct tags to your video file. If you don't know what that means, then you really, definitely need to leave that setting disabled. Smile

Normal scraping uses either the folder name or file name to create the Search query at the scraper site. This is why we insist you have clean folder and file names. That setting tells Kodi to ignore the folder and file names and create the Search query from the embedded tags in the video file.

Video tags are 99% of the time filled with junk which causes the scraper to fail. See image as an example and then imagine the scraper trying to search IMDB/TMDB for that title...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-01-25, 20:08)Karellen Wrote: That setting is about your video file, not about what is on the scraper sites or what other addons need
Perfect, then off it stays

(2022-01-25, 20:08)Karellen Wrote: Also, the Stinger Scene addon has the ability to scrape your library for the required aftercreditsstinger and duringcreditsstinger tags

Yeah I know about that setting. I use it every so often just wasn't sure if maybe it wasn't doing anything if I had the tags disabled. Now that I know one has nothing to do with the other I'm all set. Thanks for the clarification
Hi
It seems that the add-on or MovieDB wed site have a problem.
I can't add infos for all my new movies from TheMovieDB "Can't connect to the server"
the add-on is fully configured for ThemovieDB Fr-fr
I tested from 2 Kodi clients and I get the same error
I use Kodi 19.3 on all computers
I use SQL database with XAMPP

an exepted error from the log

txt:
2022-02-02 14:53:33.530 T:228     ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)
2022-02-02 14:53:33.530 T:228     ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movi...river&year=:                                                  
2022-02-02 14:53:33.531 T:228     ERROR <general>: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site

Maybe you need the full log ?

thanks
French Kodi translator on Weblate
(2022-02-02, 16:08)skypichat Wrote: Maybe you need the full log ?
Yes
My Signature
(2022-02-02, 20:49)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-02-02, 16:08)skypichat Wrote: Maybe you need the full log ?
Yes
Strangely, it changed and and finaly not start now...
the log:
kodi.log
(2022-02-02, 21:27)skypichat Wrote: the log:
kodi.log
I don't see any scraping in that log. Also tell us which movie.
My Signature
(2022-02-02, 21:43)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-02-02, 21:27)skypichat Wrote: the log:
kodi.log
I don't see any scraping in that log. Also tell us which movie.
For some reasons, the add-on restarted to work. Sorry for the desagrement. Maybe you can explane me the reason why it stopped yesterday ?
(2022-02-03, 09:03)skypichat Wrote: Maybe you can explane me the reason why it stopped yesterday ?
Sorry, I don't really know. Maybe a problem at IMDB? Not working one day, but then working the next might indicate a problem at the website.
My Signature
Hello i have a small problem with the universal scrapper and the collection pictures.
The scraper did allways use the english collection posters instead of the german pictures. I have all setting for the german language and get the german posters for the movies but i get allways the english posters for the collection.
it i use themoviedatabase phython scraper, i have the german collection posters.

edit: here is a log
https://pastebin.com/DKr7FM4z

that's the correct poster https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/AnGl...k1ShrB.jpg but the scraper search for the english poster, but there is no english poster.
The Problem ist, that i need want have the german poster but the scraper don't download the german poster.
I may have found a bug with one movie. West Side Story from 2021. I put a NFO file like with every movie. Just contains the link.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3581652/
Once the scrapper starts scrapping Kodi crashes. Also crashes without the NFO if you scan to library, then chose the movie from the list.
It's 19.3 on NVIDIA Shield Pro.
I notice the Universal Movie Scraper scrapes only the first three genres from IMDB.  Some movies contain a lot more than three genres. Is this how it is for everyone or am I missing a setting to pull ALL the genres from IMDB? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
The scraper scrapes the genres from the header of the movie page - it seems like IMDb itself is limiting the number of genres to 3 there.
  • 148(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9