• 281(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
Hi Bart,

We certainly are getting closer! You have made some wonderful changes, so thank you!

Just downloaded the latest from GitHub.

Just had a quick test, and you certainly have fixed the issue of the media not playing from a search result.
Thanks!

On another issue, I have just noticed that should I choose one song to play, I find that the entire lot of songs from that album (if I go into an album to choose the song) ends up as the current playlist.
I then went into my whole song list (about 6000 songs), chose a song to listen to, and the entire 6000 songs ended up in the playlist!

When I use the option "queue item" on a few songs, that works great and only the songs I have chosen appear on the playlist.

On Estuary, if I click on one song from my entire song list, then only that one song ends up on the playlist.

Could you have a look at this please Bart?

Good luck with the overlays, really looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

As ever, many thanks and kind regards,
Robert
(2022-01-20, 19:41)robertlaing Wrote: On another issue, I have just noticed that should I choose one song to play, I find that the entire lot of songs from that album (if I go into an album to choose the song) ends up as the current playlist.
I then went into my whole song list (about 6000 songs), chose a song to listen to, and the entire 6000 songs ended up in the playlist!

When I use the option "queue item" on a few songs, that works great and only the songs I have chosen appear on the playlist.

On Estuary, if I click on one song from my entire song list, then only that one song ends up on the playlist.

@robertlaing , in this case, I will also need the exact sequence of steps that you are going through.  In my tests, Amber behaves just as Estuary.  To the best of my knowledge, the skin does not control how items get added to the playlist when you  choose to play an item.

On another note, the overlays for the tmdb online info windows are done (the changes are on GitHub already).  They look like this:

There you can see the overlay that shows an item is in your library.

There you can see the overlay for when an item is watched.  Please note that, unlike Estuary, in Amber you will only see one overlay, either the library one, or the watched one.  For me, if an item is watched, it is also in your library. 

If you have selected in Amber to show the overlays on the top right (with the setting shown in the following screenshot):

Then this is how the overlays look:

And for tv shows, the top right overlay shows how many unwatched episodes you have:

Please test and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Hi Bart,

The movie overlays are really looking good! Thanks very much for sorting this out.

The only issue I have noted is that if I choose the top right overlay option, when I am in a movie list, the clarity of the top right overlay marks are very dependent on the level of focus.
I like to use the 0% focus, so that everything is bright, and in this instance the top right overlay marks are invisible until my cursor goes over the movie, and even then they are very faint.
However, if i do not choose to use the top right overlay option, the bottom left mark is really bright in the movie list at 0% focus.

As for the music issue, here's the steps I take:

1. Go into music, songs.
2. I see all 6000 songs in a list.
3. Pick one song.
4. Go to playlist in sub menu.
5. All 6000 songs show in my playlist!

Thanks for looking into everything Bart, much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Robert.
Hi Bart

I've set youtube channels to be shown on shelve. Noticed that poster and square is showing video image but fanart isn't. So was wondering if fanart could show image aswell, pretty much the same way as it's shown on youtube?
(2022-01-20, 23:02)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-20, 19:41)robertlaing Wrote: On another issue, I have just noticed that should I choose one song to play, I find that the entire lot of songs from that album (if I go into an album to choose the song) ends up as the current playlist.

@robertlaing , in this case, I will also need the exact sequence of steps that you are going through.  In my tests, Amber behaves just as Estuary.  To the best of my knowledge, the skin does not control how items get added to the playlist when you  choose to play an item.

On another note, the overlays for the tmdb online info windows are done (the changes are on GitHub already).  They look like this:

There you can see the overlay that shows an item is in your library.

There you can see the overlay for when an item is watched.  Please note that, unlike Estuary, in Amber you will only see one overlay, either the library one, or the watched one.  For me, if an item is watched, it is also in your library. 

If you have selected in Amber to show the overlays on the top right (with the setting shown in the following screenshot):

Then this is how the overlays look:

And for tv shows, the top right overlay shows how many unwatched episodes you have:

Please test and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

quite a few interesting mods of late, do you plan to update the Leia branch?
Since some updates ago the standard "Favorite Add-Ons"- widget on the homescreen shows the entries with poster aspect ratio, so they are all stretched out since they are all square icon format. Tried deleting settings, re-install the skin, no luck. Also didn't find any aspect ratio settings for this widget in homescreen customization.

Looks like this: 

Can I change that somehow again to square format? Thanks.

Im using Kodi 19.3 with Amber 3.4.32 on Ubuntu 18.04.
(2022-01-23, 17:07)Funky_Funked Wrote: Can I change that somehow again to square format? Thanks.

@Funky_Funked , please use version 1.1.5 of script.skinshortcuts, or wait a few days for version 2.0.1 to come out.  If you want to test right away, you can use the alpha version: https://github.com/mikesilvo164/script.s...alpha2.zip

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-01-22, 22:56)fsurfer Wrote: quite a few interesting mods of late, do you plan to update the Leia branch?

@fsurfer, yes, of course.  I will most likely update it next week.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-21, 18:50)G0mez Wrote: I've set youtube channels to be shown on shelve. Noticed that poster and square is showing video image but fanart isn't. So was wondering if fanart could show image aswell, pretty much the same way as it's shown on youtube?

@G0mez,  unfortunately, the YouTube addon reports its own fanart as the fanart for shelf items from that addon, so that is what Amber displays.  For poster and square, Amber defaults to the item icon, which is a video fanart as provided by the YouTube addon.

I can see how it is more useful to have the video fanart when you select Fanart as the artwork type, so I have added a new setting to prefer the Thumb instead of the addon fanart for YouTube shelves.  You can find the setting here:

With that setting enabled, you get the video fanart for YouTube shelves which for which you set Fanart as the artwork type:

This only works for YouTube addon shelves.  The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix only at the moment).  Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-21, 01:00)robertlaing Wrote: 1. Go into music, songs.
3. Pick one song.

@robertlaing , if by "pick one song" you mean start playing one song, then, in my tests, Amber does the same thing as all other skins, including Estuary.  In my tests, when you start playing one song from the complete list of songs in your library, all songs get added to the current playlist.  Estuary does this as well, at least in my tests with Windows.

As I mentioned before, the skin does not control how the song is added to the playlist, this is Kodi core behavior.  Given this, there is nothing for me to fix/change here.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-21, 01:00)robertlaing Wrote: The only issue I have noted is that if I choose the top right overlay option, when I am in a movie list, the clarity of the top right overlay marks are very dependent on the level of focus.
I like to use the 0% focus, so that everything is bright, and in this instance the top right overlay marks are invisible until my cursor goes over the movie, and even then they are very faint.
However, if i do not choose to use the top right overlay option, the bottom left mark is really bright in the movie list at 0% focus.

@robertlaing , I understand that you are talking about Fanart view, and the level of dimming for the unfocused items.  Please confirm.

If this is the case, then you are correct, there was incorrect dimming being applied to the top right overlays in Fanart view.  I just fixed this on GitHub (Matrix only).  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-23, 23:46)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-21, 18:50)G0mez Wrote: I've set youtube channels to be shown on shelve. Noticed that poster and square is showing video image but fanart isn't. So was wondering if fanart could show image aswell, pretty much the same way as it's shown on youtube?

@G0mez,  unfortunately, the YouTube addon reports its own fanart as the fanart for shelf items from that addon, so that is what Amber displays.  For poster and square, Amber defaults to the item icon, which is a video fanart as provided by the YouTube addon.

I can see how it is more useful to have the video fanart when you select Fanart as the artwork type, so I have added a new setting to prefer the Thumb instead of the addon fanart for YouTube shelves.  You can find the setting here:

With that setting enabled, you get the video fanart for YouTube shelves which for which you set Fanart as the artwork type:

This only works for YouTube addon shelves.  The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix only at the moment).  Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Not sure what I'm doing wrong as can't get it work. Have set youtube shelve to use fanart and have enabled that new option

EDIT: Well what do you know, by disabling 'show fanart' option on youtube addon settings made it work :}

EDIT: though now when I disabled 'show fanart' option on youtube addon settings, have youtube shelve set to use fanart and 'use item thumb and not addon fanart for youtube shelves' option disabled, it's working correctly. So my issue is still there with this new option
(2022-01-23, 23:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-21, 01:00)robertlaing Wrote: Hi Bart,1. Go into music, songs.
3. Pick one song.

@robertlaing , if by "pick one song" you mean start playing one song, then, in my tests, Amber does the same thing as all other skins, including Estuary.  In my tests, when you start playing one song from the complete list of songs in your library, all songs get added to the current playlist.  Estuary does this as well, at least in my tests with Windows.

As I mentioned before, the skin does not control how the song is added to the playlist, this is Kodi core behavior.  Given this, there is nothing for me to fix/change here.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Thanks for clarifying this - I totally understand.

Kind regards,
Robert
(2022-01-23, 23:58)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-21, 01:00)robertlaing Wrote: The only issue I have noted is that if I choose the top right overlay option, when I am in a movie list, the clarity of the top right overlay marks are very dependent on the level of focus.

@robertlaing , I understand that you are talking about Fanart view, and the level of dimming for the unfocused items.  Please confirm.

If this is the case, then you are correct, there was incorrect dimming being applied to the top right overlays in Fanart view.  I just fixed this on GitHub (Matrix only).  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

Yes, this is exactly what I was talking about!

I have tested it and it looks great, so thank you very much for that change.

One thing I noticed when testing is that in the skin options, media views, Marks and Overlays - the hide unwatched episode marks does not display the yellow toggle button when you choose.

I also have a music issue I would love you to look at:

In the album list and the big song list, the songs are diplayed in the list as follows:

01. Boys Don't Cry . (02:34)                        The Cure
02. Plastic Passion . (02:15)                         The Cure
03. 10:15 Saturday Night . (03:40)               The Cure
04. Accuracy . (02:18)                                 The Cure

Now, in a playlist (such as party mode) the songs appear as such:

01. The Cure - Boy's Don't Cry                      02:34
02. The Cure - Plastic Passion                       02:15
03. The Cure - 10:15 Saturday Night             03:40
04. The Cure - Accuracy                               02:18

I think that the playlist format is so much neater, is there anyway that you could change things so that the album list and song list would show the songs in the same format as the playlist. This would give the same consistency across the music.

Thanks very much Bart for all your continuing hard work.

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-11, 23:15)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

First of, Happy New Year, may this 2022 bring health, peace and joy.

I have uploaded versions 3.4.32 (Matrix) and 3.2.152 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  I apologize for the long delay in uploading a  new version.  These versions provide a lot of bug fixes (thank you to all of you that have been reporting issues that you have found), and some new functionality:

1. Allow different view types for PVR windows.  Amber will now support changing the view type, to almost all that the skin provides, for PVR Channels, Timers, Timer Rules, Recordings and Search.  Not all view types are supported, and I am not planning on providing any view changes for the EPG.

2. Search Trailer button in Video Info Dialog.  If there is no local trailer (or tmdb helper provided trailer), Amber will allow you to search for a trailer.  The search is done using the YouTube addon, which you need to have configured and working.  You can also specify to use the IMDb Trailers addon to search for a trailer.  Of course, you need that addon configured and working to use that option.

3. Include Date Added and Last Played date in Video Info Dialog.

4. Setting to Enable Direct Seeking in Full Screen Info.
  If this is disabled (the default), then Amber will show the Cast and Plot buttons in the full screen info window.  If enabled, these buttons will not be shown, but you will be able to seek directly (inputting numbers) from this screen.

5.  Setting to Always Show Info Panel for Lists.

6.  Setting to Open EPG with the Teletext Button in the OSD.

7. Allow Using Main Menu Item Background as Background for Sub Windows.

8.  Length of Startup Video is Configurable.

9. Auto-Close Video OSD time is inactive seconds.  Now the Auto Close Video OSD function is based on seconds of inactivity.

10.  Allow changing PVR Timeshift Buffer Color.

11. Show Movie Info for Linked Movie(s) in Episodes List Dialog.  If you have a movie linked to a tv show, Amber will now show some basic movie info for that movie in the Episodes List dialog.

As I mentioned before, there are also many fixes.  Given that there were quite a few new features (albeit small), I chose not to include screenshots in this post.  If any of you would like a screenshot of a particualr function/setting, please let me know.  Thanks.

Please download, update, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hey again Bart. I've been gone from here for a little while, so I jumped back on today to see what I've missed. Seeing this list of changes made in the new version released. Kinda made me a little proud. A big part of it was my suggestions. But of course you're the one that actually did all the work. But I still feel a little bit pride. Lol. But seriously I've been watching TV daily thorough Kodi as my primary TV watching (with HdHomeRun), and your skin made this possible. It looks n feels like the best cable\satellite box I've even had or seen.

I still have a couple of new pages here to read through. I wanna make sure if nothing was done in my areas of use.... I'll finish reading up later today
But catching this list of changes, made my day. I remember each of those changes when you said oh yes I'll do that, then the next day, it's done! Each change felt like it perfected it. It's really cool having a developer actually listen to users feedback. Hopefully we all help you to make it a better product in the end.
Have a blessed day all Amberinians.
  • 281(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5