• 282(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
Hi Bart,

I have to say I echo Joeyrub's sentiments above - I too am appreciative of all the time you spend looking at any concerns and issues.

Following from my last post about the layout of the album and song list, I wonder what you think about this idea?

In the music player when the lyrics are brought up, the writing starts a bit of a way down the page, and the last line sits over the song info panel at the bottom.

In Estuary when the lyrics are asked for they appear in a pop up box.

Would this be possible for you to raise the level of the lyrics so they sit central in the space above the song info panel. Then also would you be able to put them in a pop up box in that space, using the transparent grey background that you use for a playlist box?

I have also noticed that when I use the update library in the submenu for music, movies and tv shows, it stays as "update library" in the submenu. I am sure it used to change to "stop scanning" in the submenu whilst it was scanning, then revert back to "update library" once the scanning stopped. Would you have a look at that please Bart?

Many thanks as always.

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-24, 17:40)robertlaing Wrote: I think that the playlist format is so much neater, is there anyway that you could change things so that the album list and song list would show the songs in the same format as the playlist. This would give the same consistency across the music.

@robertlaing , thanks for the feedback.  I will not be changing this, since, when using any of the List views, when you are viewing the songs in an album, or your entire song list, the information for artist and album is already present.  Thus, I see no need to repeat it in each list item.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-01-25, 13:38)Joeyrub Wrote: Hey again Bart. I've been gone from here for a little while, so I jumped back on today to see what I've missed. Seeing this list of changes made in the new version released. Kinda made me a little proud. A big part of it was my suggestions. But of course you're the one that actually did all the work. But I still feel a little bit pride. Lol. But seriously I've been watching TV daily thorough Kodi as my primary TV watching (with HdHomeRun), and your skin made this possible. It looks n feels like the best cable\satellite box I've even had or seen.

I still have a couple of new pages here to read through. I wanna make sure if nothing was done in my areas of use.... I'll finish reading up later today
But catching this list of changes, made my day. I remember each of those changes when you said oh yes I'll do that, then the next day, it's done! Each change felt like it perfected it. It's really cool having a developer actually listen to users feedback. Hopefully we all help you to make it a better product in the end.
Have a blessed day all Amberinians.

@Joeyrub, thank you for your kind words! and yes, you should feel proud, since your suggestions/requests have certainly made the skin better for everyone.  Keep them coming!

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-01-25, 17:46)robertlaing Wrote: I have to say I echo Joeyrub's sentiments above - I too am appreciative of all the time you spend looking at any concerns and issues.

Following from my last post about the layout of the album and song list, I wonder what you think about this idea?

In the music player when the lyrics are brought up, the writing starts a bit of a way down the page, and the last line sits over the song info panel at the bottom.

In Estuary when the lyrics are asked for they appear in a pop up box.

Would this be possible for you to raise the level of the lyrics so they sit central in the space above the song info panel. Then also would you be able to put them in a pop up box in that space, using the transparent grey background that you use for a playlist box?

I have also noticed that when I use the update library in the submenu for music, movies and tv shows, it stays as "update library" in the submenu. I am sure it used to change to "stop scanning" in the submenu whilst it was scanning, then revert back to "update library" once the scanning stopped. Would you have a look at that please Bart?

@robertlaing, thanks for your kind words.  Keep your requests coming, it is my pleasure to evaluate (and for the most part complete) requests from users which improve the skin for everyone.

As for your request for songs format in lists, I already answered previously; I will not be changing this.

In terms of the lyrics, thank you for bringing this to my attention, I am so used to always having video lyrics on and the seek bar at the bottom that I had not noticed the positioning issue that you mention.  I will also look into adding an option to show the lyrics in a "dialog", similar to Estuary.

Finally, I cannot replicate the issue that you mention when updating the library.  In my testing, under Windows, whenever you update the video library or music library, the submenu option changes to "stop scanning".

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-25, 23:18)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-24, 17:40)robertlaing Wrote: I think that the playlist format is so much neater, is there anyway that you could change things so that the album list and song list would show the songs in the same format as the playlist. This would give the same consistency across the music.

@robertlaing , thanks for the feedback.  I will not be changing this, since, when using any of the List views, when you are viewing the songs in an album, or your entire song list, the information for artist and album is already present.  Thus, I see no need to repeat it in each list item.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

I think I may have confused matters somewhat here, I can see that there is all the song info in the album and song lists, all I meant to ask was that could you kindly rearrange this info so that it appeared as it does in the playlist (such as party mode)?

So:

Track Number/Artist/Song                Duration

That way the times would line up nicely down the right hand side, which I think would look neater, and it would be consistent with how it appears in a playlist (such as party mode). Therefore, whenever viewing a list, be it an albulm list, a song list or a play list the format of how the song info appears in that list would be all the same.

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-25, 23:28)bsoriano Wrote: In terms of the lyrics, thank you for bringing this to my attention, I am so used to always having video lyrics on and the seek bar at the bottom that I had not noticed the positioning issue that you mention.  I will also look into adding an option to show the lyrics in a "dialog", similar to Estuary.

Finally, I cannot replicate the issue that you mention when updating the library.  In my testing, under Windows, whenever you update the video library or music library, the submenu option changes to "stop scanning".

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

Thanks so much for looking into the lyrics! I will look forward to seeing what you come up with!

That's funny about the update library business! I keep getting that!
I will reinstall Kodi and see if that sorts the issue.
Will let you know what happens!

Kind regards,
Robert.
Hi Bart,

Following on from my above post regarding the update library issue, I decided to install Kodi in Windows (I use the nVidia Shield usually), and I have the same issue there!
The update library does not change to stop scanning when scanning.
Any ideas on what it could be?

Anyone else have this issue?

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-20, 23:02)bsoriano Wrote: On another note, the overlays for the tmdb online info windows are done (the changes are on GitHub already).  They look like this:

There you can see the overlay that shows an item is in your library.

There you can see the overlay for when an item is watched.  Please note that, unlike Estuary, in Amber you will only see one overlay, either the library one, or the watched one.  For me, if an item is watched, it is also in your library. 

If you have selected in Amber to show the overlays on the top right (with the setting shown in the following screenshot):

Then this is how the overlays look:

And for tv shows, the top right overlay shows how many unwatched episodes you have:

Please test and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Just thought I would let you know that for some reason the "watched" mark seems to have disappeared from the movies in the tmdb online info page.
All I get is the mark to say I have the movie.
Previously, after you posted this, the "owned" and "watched" marks appeared as appropriate in the movies in the tmdb online info page.
Now all I have are "owned" marks" in this tmdb online info page.
Not sure what has happened here - would you please take a look and let me know?

Also in the marks and overlays option (as in your third photo above), the bottom option "hide unwatched episodes marks" does not toggle on and off in yellow. The option itself works 100% but it just doesn't toggle.

As always, thank you very much indeed.

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-26, 16:36)robertlaing Wrote: Hi Bart,

Following on from my above post regarding the update library issue, I decided to install Kodi in Windows (I use the nVidia Shield usually), and I have the same issue there!
The update library does not change to stop scanning when scanning.
Any ideas on what it could be?

Anyone else have this issue?

Kind regards,
Robert.

Works fine for me on Win10.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2022-01-26, 20:32)bobrap Wrote: Works fine for me on Win10.

Hi bobrap,

Thanks for that, it's been a bit of a mystery to be honest!

So when I reinstalled Kodi previously, I also moved in my settings.

This morning I decided to reinstall Kodi, but not move in any of my settings at all, and it now works fine!

So Bart, that's one thing you can ignore now!

Kind regards,
Robert.
Hi Bart,

As always, thanks very much for your continuing hard work.

Whilst re-doing all my settings after my Kodi reinstall, I noticed the following:

It concerns "Watched Movies" in the movies sub menu.

In this category, when you bring up the left blade and choose "sort", there is no option to choose "last played".
There is however a choice to sort by "last played" in the "In Progress" sub menu category.

Would you kindly be able to add a choice to sort the "Watched movies" by "last played"?

Many thanks and kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-27, 14:41)robertlaing Wrote: So when I reinstalled Kodi previously, I also moved in my settings.

This morning I decided to reinstall Kodi, but not move in any of my settings at all, and it now works fine!

So Bart, that's one thing you can ignore now!
Hi Bart,

Seems I spoke too soon!!!!!!

I have however found out exactly why I have been having this problem, but unfortunately I cannot revert the issue, as I will try to explain in steps below:

This takes place with a new Kodi install (on my nVidia shield) as I mentioned above.
I did not move in any of my settings, so had to go and redo all the settings from new.
At this point before I started doing my settings, I was able to "Update library" and when I did so it changed to "Stop scanning".

1. In my quest for grammatical consitency, I like for all words in a title or command to be capitalized. So, I went into the settings, and into movies submenu.
2. I chose "Update library" and went to change the label to "Update Library" (all I did was change the lower case l to an upper case L).
3. I also did the above to the TV Shows "Update library" and the music "Update library".
4. When I then went back to the main menu and pressed "Update Library" it did not change to "Stop scanning".
5. Realising what the problem could well be, I then went back to settings and changed all the "Update Library" labels to "Update library", ie: the original label.
6. This did not have the result I expected, as went back to the main menu and pressed "Update Library" it did not change to "Stop scanning".

So it seems that if the label is changed in any way it does not prompt the change from "Update library" to "Stop scanning".
Even changing the label back to default does not remedy the situation.

As an extra test, I then installed Kodi on windows, and carried out the exact steps 1-6 as above.
Same result!

So Bart, I was wondering if you could kindly help me out, as by the time I got to this stage I had spent hours this afternoon sorting out so many settings, so the thought of returning to a fresh Kodi install once again just to remedy this issue is not exactly appealing!!!! Is there anyway you could sort this out for me?

As ever, so many thanks for all your help.

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-26, 16:45)robertlaing Wrote: Hi Bart,

Just thought I would let you know that for some reason the "watched" mark seems to have disappeared from the movies in the tmdb online info page.
All I get is the mark to say I have the movie.
Previously, after you posted this, the "owned" and "watched" marks appeared as appropriate in the movies in the tmdb online info page.
Now all I have are "owned" marks" in this tmdb online info page.
Not sure what has happened here - would you please take a look and let me know?

Also in the marks and overlays option (as in your third photo above), the bottom option "hide unwatched episodes marks" does not toggle on and off in yellow. The option itself works 100% but it just doesn't toggle.

As always, thank you very much indeed.

Kind regards,
Robert.
Hi Bart,

Just to let you know that the owned and watched marks issue is now remedied since I cleanly installed Kodi!
It's working (and looks) great!

However, the toggle bar in the option "hide unwatched episodes marks" still does not does not toggle on and off in yellow.

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-27, 21:40)robertlaing Wrote: However, the toggle bar in the option "hide unwatched episodes marks" still does not does not toggle on and off in yellow.

@robertlaing , I just fixed this on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-27, 21:35)robertlaing Wrote: 1. In my quest for grammatical consitency, I like for all words in a title or command to be capitalized. So, I went into the settings, and into movies submenu.
2. I chose "Update library" and went to change the label to "Update Library" (all I did was change the lower case l to an upper case L).
3. I also did the above to the TV Shows "Update library" and the music "Update library".

@robertlaing, where exactly did you change this? There's not much I can do if you manually edited the "settings.xml" of the skin.  And also, the strings I am using (Update library, Stop scanning) are not provided by the skin, but by Kodi itself, so they would need to be modified in Kodi core in order to achieve your desired grammatical consistency.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 282(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5