Android Titles missing from library, but appear and play in Files
As the topic states:

I have several titles that are not appearing in my Movie library, but appear and can be played from Videos -> Files. All my files are MKV format including the ones that are missing from the Library. I've tried rescanning, and that doesn't help. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'm using The Movie Database as the information provider
Kodi 19.3
Nvidia Shield TV Experience 9.0.0
(2022-01-30, 17:15)ddiehl Wrote: Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

A debug log (wiki) should inform us whether your file naming skills are the source of your problem or not. 9/10, movies not scraped tend to be badly named.

And also, the Nvidia Shield with its newest "experience" is quite a wobbly system at the moment. Have you already installed the 3 hotfixes?
Most likely the file naming is wrong, so the scraper can't match the movie up with the entry in the scraper database.

More details are in the wiki here.

If you can provide a debug log (wiki) along with details of which movies are missing, we can maybe offer guidance if the links above don't resolve it.

Thread moved to movie scraper support.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello, I am solving the same problem in this topic: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=366789 

I have the same folder and file name as on the server The Movie Database
If I give the properties of the file in Win, then there is a filled in name, see the screen.

File is named: Četník se žení.mkv
The problem is the text: (by Petr Leicester)
Quote:Because when I look at the log, KODI looks for this: 2022-01-30 14:15:01.456 T:2141     INFO <general>: [metadata.themoviedb.org.python]: Find movie with title 'Četník se žení (1968) (by Petr Leicester)' from year '0'
I don't know how to delete this metadata.
(2022-01-30, 19:54)JaroslavH Wrote: File is named: Četník se žení.mkv
The problem is the text: (by Petr Leicester)
We need the full Debug Log thanks.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for all the responses so far.

I think I MIGHT have found the problem. I noticed that when I looked at the files that are being excluded from the library, they are missing the year proceeding the title like this:

2007 The Bourne Ultimatum (visible in library)
         Box Trolls (NOT visible in library but in the files section)
2015 Bridge of Spies (visible in library)

The only files being excluded from the library are those that do not have the year proceeding the title..  

So, the next question is how do I add the year to the metadata in the MKV file or have Kodi ignore the year field altogether.

Hopefully I'm on the right path here.
(2022-01-30, 23:35)ddiehl Wrote: Hopefully I'm on the right path here.
No, not really.

First of all, you should not name your files (yyyy) Movie Title. Kodi looks for the year and then everything to the right of the year is discarded. Why it has worked for your movies, I have no idea, so consider it some fortunate luck.

Secondly, Kodi should not be looking for embedded metadata. Kodi reads the filename or folder name to create the search query.

Please read this guide... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-01-30, 23:53)Karellen Wrote:

Secondly, Kodi should not be looking for embedded metadata. Kodi reads the filename or folder name to create the search query.
I do not agree with this. I also thought it only mattered the correct directory name.

My folder: Četník se žení (1968)
My file: Četník se žení.mkv

And in the log is this search phrase: Find movie with title 'Četník se žení (1968) (by Petr Leicester)'
As a result, the string at the end can never find the screaper. All this name, I found only in the metadata see screen post above.

Tomorrow I'll clear the library (not so big) and put a debug log here.
@JaroslavH

Check item 1d here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969

(2022-01-31, 00:32)JaroslavH Wrote: I also thought it only mattered the correct directory name.
It depends on your settings.
My Signature
(2022-01-30, 23:53)Karellen Wrote:
No, not really.

First of all, you should not name your files (yyyy) Movie Title. Kodi looks for the year and then everything to the right of the year is discarded. Why it has worked for your movies, I have no idea, so consider it some fortunate luck.

Please read this guide... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library

I don't actually name the files. When I look at them in Windows File Explorer they are just listed by title

I'm going to look at the link you provided, but still thought this was relevant information. This tells me that somehow the date is being added or there's something in the metadata that's being picked up by Kodi..

Thanks again for all your help.
(2022-01-31, 01:31)ddiehl Wrote: I don't actually name the files. When I look at them in Windows File Explorer they are just listed by title
Ok. Your previous post made me think you were naming them with the (year) at the start. But your screenshot shows otherwise.
The issue is that item 1d I mentioned previously. You have enabled that setting, which is best left disabled, unless you know exactly what it is for and how to use it.
My Signature
(2022-01-31, 00:32)JaroslavH Wrote: I also thought it only mattered the correct directory name.

You're maybe mixing up TV shows and movies there, depending on your scraper settings. For TV shows it's the show folder name plus the SxxExx part of the file name that matters. But for movies, all that matters is the file name of the actual media, unless you have the scraper setting to explicitly tell it that the movies are each contained in their own specifically named folder.

The difference is due to the structure difference between shows and movies, as shows are usually multi-file (one for each episode) entities, whereas movies are usually single files.

Indeed if you so desire, it is quite possible (but not recommended) to dump all your movies into one folder and scrape that. You will loose some functionality in terms of artwork etc, but fundamentally it will work for scraping as long as the file names for each movie are correct.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2022-01-31, 06:42)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-01-31, 01:31)ddiehl Wrote: I don't actually name the files. When I look at them in Windows File Explorer they are just listed by title
Ok. Your previous post made me think you were naming them with the (year) at the start. But your screenshot shows otherwise.
The issue is that item 1d I mentioned previously. You have enabled that setting, which is best left disabled, unless you know exactly what it is for and how to use it.

That setting was already disabled.
(2022-01-31, 14:28)ddiehl Wrote: That setting was already disabled.
We can't help you anymore without a Debug Log that captures the issue.
My Signature
14 posts later, and still no debug log (wiki). Is there a reason (I can think of one...) why you are not providing one?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titles missing from library, but appear and play in Files0