v20 Amber on Kodi 20 Nexus
Hi @bsoriano
I'm now running Kodi 20 Nexus (LibreElec) on my machines. So far Amber runs fine; if I encounter bugs in Amber under Kodi 20 Nexus, do you want us to post here in the main thread, or in the "Amber for Leia/Matrix" thread...?
...If at all since Nexus is still fairly new.

I know plugins and other things will get depreciated at times during development, and we need to come up with work-arounds or go without at times.
Just want to know your thoughts on it.

Thanks.
System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)
System 2: Khadas VIM3pro - CoreELEC- Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)
@TheRealDeadMan, I have created a Nexus branch of the skin on GitHub, and I also created a Nexus repo. At the moment neither are updated with the latest changes.

You can post any issues in the same Amber thread, I will change the name of the thread to reflect that Amber runs on Nexus also.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@TheRealDeadMan , I have just updated the Nexus branch with all of the skinning engine changes for Nexus, and also with all of the updates I have done to the Matrix version of the skin.  Could you please test and let me know how it goes? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-02-06, 22:48)bsoriano Wrote: @TheRealDeadMan , I have just updated the Nexus branch with all of the skinning engine changes for Nexus, and also with all of the updates I have done to the Matrix version of the skin.  Could you please test and let me know how it goes? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Sure thing. Give me a day or so to get back to you, right in the middle of projects and haven't had much time lately - playing catch-up now that we are free and getting back to normalcy. Smile
System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)
(2022-02-06, 22:48)bsoriano Wrote: @TheRealDeadMan , I have just updated the Nexus branch with all of the skinning engine changes for Nexus, and also with all of the updates I have done to the Matrix version of the skin.  Could you please test and let me know how it goes? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano, just finished updating to current LibreElec Kodi Nexus nightly and Amber 3.6.3; all is working fine. (The Matrix version of Amber also works fine on Nexus; I installed that a few weeks back to see all the cool updates you had done.)

The updated script.skinshortcuts v2.0.1 is also working fine with Amber Nexus - my first time running it since its release on Jan 23. I'm not sure if anyone else has tried it with Amber Matrix yet, but I assume so by now.

Any other minor issues are due to the alpha Nexus build, but updates and fixes are consistent.

Thanks for your continued updates Smile

I just bought a new Intel NUC to setup a new instance of Kodi, specifically to try Nexus. I love the Amber skin as it seems to be the one that my partner finds most intuitive....once I make some tweaks to the settings.

I installed Amber from the official Kodi repository (v3.4.11). I have never manually installed a skin or addon but I'll see if I can work it out and get the 3.6.3 up and running. With 3.4.11 I have noticed a few bugs. But I'll wait until I have the new version running before asking questions. I presume I just download the zip file and install from zip.

Thanks for such a quick response great skin.

Marty.
PS...sorry to read about loosing your job. Do you have a donations option? I usually support developers with a small donation for stuff I use frequently.
(2022-05-13, 23:25)mminehan Wrote: I installed Amber from the official Kodi repository (v3.4.11). I have never manually installed a skin or addon but I'll see if I can work it out and get the 3.6.3 up and running. With 3.4.11 I have noticed a few bugs. But I'll wait until I have the new version running before asking questions. I presume I just download the zip file and install from zip.

Yes, you can do that. Or install the Nexus repo zip so it updates automatically.
But... he does not keep it as up-to-date and the Matrix version. The Matrix version still works fine under Nexus if you want to use all the newest bells and whistles. Smile

Amber on Nexus breaks the display of information about recordings. This applies to the official release and happens on Windows and Android. Reverting to Matrix fixes the problem. I see there's another thread with someone else having the same problem in the beta. Is this a known bug? Is there somewhere else to report it?

Thanks
Hmm,
I think the problem is that the version of amber I get from the nexus repo is very old. If I manually download it from github it is a much newer version.
Have you fixed the PVR recording info issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber on Kodi 20 Nexus0