v17 UPnP/DLNA client in Kodi broken for pictures
(2022-01-20, 10:59)DennisP78 Wrote: This thread from 2017.

Nothing has changed on that subject, Kodi works on basis of the databases it runs, and as there currently is no picture database, there is no UPnP/DLNA support for pictures/photos/images/etc.

If you need a DLNA server, there are more fitting solutions to use, such as MiniDLNA.
thank you.

But I mean Kodi as a streaming client (NOT server)
(2022-01-20, 17:35)DennisP78 Wrote: thank you.

But I mean Kodi as a streaming client (NOT server)

I am not sure what uPNP server you are running but the Mezzmo Kodi uPNP client works fine for playing videos, music and displaying pictures.  I've only fully tested it with a Mezzmo uPNP server.   It will discover other uPNP servers.  You can try it with another uPNP server and see if it works.  If there are issues, I might be able to assist.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
I don't know if this old thread is the right place, but i couldn't find anything else.
How can I display pictures from a server in Kodi?
Both SMB and UPNP connections show all folders and files, but when clicking on a file. The screen is black.
This has worked on the version V18.
(2022-02-07, 21:17)RaspiRo Wrote: I don't know if this old thread is the right place, but i couldn't find anything else.
How can I display pictures from a server in Kodi?
Both SMB and UPNP connections show all folders and files, but when clicking on a file. The screen is black.
This has worked on the version V18.

I can't speak for Kodi itself but I do agree something seems to have happened with regards to native picture support and Kodi itself.  Here's a link to a thread where I have reported out on some changes to an addon I maintain that has support for pictures over uPNP.  I don't know what uPNP server you are running.  It doesn't appear tha Kodi will offer pictures via uPNP right now. 

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Kodi offers UPnP via its database libraries. Since there is no picture database in Kodi, there is also no picture support via UPnP/DLNA.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was referring to something changed in Kodi on the client side vs. Kodi as a uPNP server.  That's part of what motivated me to update the addon.

Jeff
Hi Jeff. Thanks for pointing me to the Mezzmo add-on.
I'll give it a try and hopefully this will solve the problem.
Thanks
Roland

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP/DLNA client in Kodi broken for pictures3