• 46(current)
WIP S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)
(2022-02-18, 05:21)shanegetsu Wrote: @mardukL Thank you for being so responsive and even entertaining these types of things.

I'll give a specific example that I run into from my use case to see if that provides some context. I have a lot of shows I watch random episodes of (South Park, Archer, Gintama), and so those shows are pretty much always in my On Deck section of my home screen. So lets say I watch an episode of South Park before I go to bed, then turn the TV off. The next day when I turn my TV on and want to watch South Park, I see what the next episode is On Deck and think to my self "I would rather watch the Imaginationland episodes". If I click on that episode in my On Deck, the only option I have is to play it, or go to the information page. There isn't an easy way to get to a different episode from that same show. So for shows that might not be linear, or where anyone might bounce around, it adds a little bit of hassle. Or even sometimes I want to watch the end of last weeks episode of a show when this weeks comes out, but cant get to the previous episode very easily from the home screen even if an episode for the show is on the home screen. I thought it could solve the issue if there was like a "Go to Show" option in the context menu or something. That way for shows with one season it will automatically pull up the episodes page, and for shows with more than one season it would pull up the available seasons to choose from. Also for context, I used to mainly use the Plex app, and what I'm trying to achieve is the default there. If I click on an episode in my On Deck section there it will take me to that Episode within the season, and then I have the option to play. If I click on a movie in my home screen in Plex, it takes me to a spotlight information page for the movie. 

Hopefully that sways you! If not, either way thank you Smile

Ok, got you.

Currently not much time,
if you're familiar with editing skin xml files you can test by adding.

xml:

<onclick condition="string.isequal(listitem.dbtype,episode) + true">ActivateWindow(videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/$INFO[Container.ListItem.TvShowDBID]/-1/,return)</onclick>

in swan_home_widgets.xml after line 14
( in the include Widget_Container_Template , like

xml:

<nested />
<scrolltime tween="quadratic">400</scrolltime>
<top>50</top>
<preloaditems>2</preloaditems>
<focusposition>0</focusposition>
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>
<height>$PARAM[height]</height>
<visible>$PARAM[visible]</visible>

<onclick condition="string.isequal(listitem.dbtype,episode) + true">ActivateWindow(videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/$INFO[Container.ListItem.TvShowDBID]/-1/,return)</onclick>

I'll add a global option ( default action for all widgets using episode as content)

Also on to is adding a season viewtype like this

Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
@mardukL

Seriously thank you! I think it will be used by a lot of people actually.

I'm unfortunately not familiar with editing skin xml files, but I will start looking up videos and reading through the forums and start playing around to see if I can figure anything out. Sounds like something worth looking into, especially if I ever want to make changes like this again
(2022-02-20, 20:46)shanegetsu Wrote: @mardukL

Seriously thank you! I think it will be used by a lot of people actually.

I'm unfortunately not familiar with editing skin xml files, but I will start looking up videos and reading through the forums and start playing around to see if I can figure anything out. Sounds like something worth looking into, especially if I ever want to make changes like this again

If you can wait you dont need to start editing ;-)

Just a few things left for the new vietype (which become my own favourite one) and the update come in ;-)

Video
Current State of WIP viewtpye..
Pushed Update:

Changelog v *.1.16

• skinsettings
        - home widgets : possibility to use override select actions for episode widgets (either go to all episodes by tvshow , go to season view of tvshow)  NOTE: If episode item does not provide 'tvshowdbid' it'll fall back to go to all epsides ( e.g. like 'nextup episodes'  items by embuary helper )

• smartplaylisteditor
        - add 'delete rule' icon buttons within the rule listing, NOTE: Cannot be Used by using 'Mouse/Touch' -> use contextmenu instead (common scenario)

• view520 (still WIP, but mostly done)
        - should / will be a viewtype for every content
        - View Options : autoplay trailer, disable big thumb if not music window, disable mediaflags, disable plot , disable touch buttons ( disable this is RECOMMENDED if not using to touch device )

• view global
        - show labels on top of a blank bg instead of the *default icons , for : DIRECTORS,YEARS,TAGS,GENRES,PLAYLISTS,COUNTRIES
(2022-02-23, 17:59)mardukL Wrote: Pushed Update:

Changelog v *.1.16

• skinsettings
        - home widgets : possibility to use override select actions for episode widgets (either go to all episodes by tvshow , go to season view of tvshow)  NOTE: If episode item does not provide 'tvshowdbid' it'll fall back to go to all epsides ( e.g. like 'nextup episodes'  items by embuary helper )

• smartplaylisteditor
        - add 'delete rule' icon buttons within the rule listing, NOTE: Cannot be Used by using 'Mouse/Touch' -> use contextmenu instead (common scenario)

• view520 (still WIP, but mostly done)
        - should / will be a viewtype for every content
        - View Options : autoplay trailer, disable big thumb if not music window, disable mediaflags, disable plot , disable touch buttons ( disable this is RECOMMENDED if not using to touch device )

• view global
        - show labels on top of a blank bg instead of the *default icons , for : DIRECTORS,YEARS,TAGS,GENRES,PLAYLISTS,COUNTRIES
Thanks a lot for the update

Changelog v *.1.16

• skinsettings
Thank you for the update! One quick question, when I go to my settings to override the select option, even when I select go to seasons, it will automatically change to all episodes. Seasons appears as an option, but even when selected it changes. I see that you mentioned it will default to all episodes if there is no 'tvshowdbid'. What is that and do I need to do anything allow the seasons option? Thank you again you're the best!
(2022-02-25, 03:43)shanegetsu Wrote:

Changelog v *.1.16

• skinsettings
Thank you for the update! One quick question, when I go to my settings to override the select option, even when I select go to seasons, it will automatically change to all episodes. Seasons appears as an option, but even when selected it changes. I see that you mentioned it will default to all episodes if there is no 'tvshowdbid'. What is that and do I need to do anything allow the seasons option? Thank you again you're the best!

Sadly it's nothing you can simply influence , as it is addon related.
( tvshowdbid is an infolabel which need to be exists for the action to go into a season view )
if addon provides episodes i this can be missing ( did not looked in embuary helper why it is not provided ).
the compromise was a fallback which does not need that label , but it is restricted to just go into episodes )

note: there i a kodi core setting to define 'always focus first unwatched epsisode' + 'exclude specials'.

the skin settings itself just visualize what should be prefered when possible.
(2022-02-25, 04:10)mardukL Wrote:
(2022-02-25, 03:43)shanegetsu Wrote:

Changelog v *.1.16

• skinsettings

( tvshowdbid is an infolabel which need to be exists for the action to go into a season view )
if addon provides episodes i this can be missing ( did not looked in embuary helper why it is not provided ).
the compromise was a fallback which does not need that label , but it is restricted to just go into episodes )

note: there i a kodi core setting to define 'always focus first unwatched epsisode' + 'exclude specials'.

Ok so it will only show all episodes and there isnt a way to get it to do seasons? 

Also, I did find that setting for specials, and I have mine set to include specials, but they actually arent showing up with the rest of the episodes. And another side note, not sure if this is skin related or not, but for shows that only have one season and a specials season, it always combines them into one. Meaning when you select the show, instead of taking you to the seasons page to select specials or season 1, it just takes me straight to episodes, but does show the contents of both. Is that a setting that ive missed? 

Thank you again for your help! I'm very grateful for your responsiveness
(2022-02-25, 04:49)shanegetsu Wrote:
(2022-02-25, 04:10)mardukL Wrote:
(2022-02-25, 03:43)shanegetsu Wrote: Thank you for the update! One quick question, when I go to my settings to override the select option, even when I select go to seasons, it will automatically change to all episodes. Seasons appears as an option, but even when selected it changes. I see that you mentioned it will default to all episodes if there is no 'tvshowdbid'. What is that and do I need to do anything allow the seasons option? Thank you again you're the best!

Ok so it will only show all episodes and there isnt a way to get it to do seasons? 

Also, I did find that setting for specials, and I have mine set to include specials, but they actually arent showing up with the rest of the episodes. And another side note, not sure if this is skin related or not, but for shows that only have one season and a specials season, it always combines them into one. Meaning when you select the show, instead of taking you to the seasons page to select specials or season 1, it just takes me straight to episodes, but does show the contents of both. Is that a setting that ive missed? 

Thank you again for your help! I'm very grateful for your responsiveness

Not really skin related.

Keep in mind there is also a setting for flatten tv shows, which also have a setting to ex/include speacials, if just have 1 season...

;-)
Pushed Update : vers.  *.1.38

• dialogvideoinfo
        - fix double id, prevent scrolling (left|right) from close button

• musicinfo|view 520
        - add album column for songsheet

• view selector:
        - fixed ui issues when en/disable viewtypes for 'pictures' and 'games' windows

• ability to slide in the currently playing musicplaylist when in media winkdow
        * via premenu icon button  ( can be disabled in skinsettings )
        * if vertical scrollable view type is active and  'onleft' button clicked
                when...
                - focused container if scrollbar and albhabetbar not focusable
                - focused scrollbar if albhabetbar not focusable
                - focused albhabetbar

NOTE: currently unadjusted colors (playlist container use musichub colors)

• view520 touch control buttons
        - play  ( artist, album , genre, year ) folder content
        - slide in playlist ( with ability to move items up|down or delete item in current playlist )
        - toggle repeat states button

Pushed Update : vers.  *.1.39

• slideshow window
       - able to show gifs

• pctures window
       - viewtypes availability ( 510,511,512,513,520 )
ImageImage
    • pictureinformation dialog
        - added
ImageImage
Is it possible to show the OSD with progressbar when pressing Forward or Backward on your remote, in stead of showing the seek info in the middle of the screen?
The only way to do that now is bringing up the OSD first and after that you have to press up on your remote.

I hope you know what I mean.
Thanks
(2022-02-26, 14:18)Aaiemron Wrote: Is it possible to show the OSD with progressbar when pressing Forward or Backward on your remote, in stead of showing the seek info in the middle of the screen?
The only way to do that now is bringing up the OSD first and after that you have to press up on your remote.

Thanks

no promise, but i keep it in mind as an option.
should plot be visible or just progressbar and time?
(2022-02-26, 17:27)mardukL Wrote:
(2022-02-26, 14:18)Aaiemron Wrote: Is it possible to show the OSD with progressbar when pressing Forward or Backward on your remote, in stead of showing the seek info in the middle of the screen?

Thanks

no promise, but i keep it in mind as an option.
should plot be visible or just progressbar and time?

Just progressbar and time would be fine.
Thanks for considering
Hey @mardukL first thanks for this amazing skin, for me it looks like it's almost ready as a daily skin on my Kodi devices Smile

I would love to see an fallback for music artwork (like in the titan skin), if the user disable music artwork (or no artwork is available)
and the user has defined a folder with custom music background pictures, they will shown as a global slideshow background and of course as background in the music player.

Maybe you could add this feature to your list Smile
Yes and yes that would be awesome
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)3