• 289(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2022-02-12, 22:04)dom323 Wrote: Exactly what I was looking for is perfect.

Thanks Sir
Hi Bart
Happy Sunday morning everyone.
(Superbowl Sunday today! Yay!)

Bart I have a little suggestion I wanted to mention.
On the home shelves, if I set it to auto scroll, it becomes a continues line, so even if let's say a shelf has only 3 items, it will fill the whole shelf by repeating them, ok fine.
But the issue I'm having with this is, that there no indication of where it ends and starts repeating again. So it looks kinda confusing.
Now just a example of this being done right. In the home screen, I changed the tv sub menu name for Timers, to Upcoming Recordings. So Upcoming Recordings is way too long to be displayed fully in the sub menu, so it scrolls. But this scroll is done right, cause at the end of it. Before it starts again, there is a dot to indicate the end.
So Idk if something similar would be possible on the shelves. But even if not, maybe you you could put just one blank spot to indicate the end.

This isn't a really big deal, just a little thing that I think would make it better.
Thanks for listening Bart
@Joeyrub, thanks for the feedback. While there's nothing I can do about shelf items repeating if you have autoscroll on (that's just the way wraplists work in Kodi), I will think about how to indicate either the first or last item in the shelf, which should help the situation you describe.

There's no ETA for this, as I will be away from my development environment for the next few days.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-02-13, 15:14)bsoriano Wrote: @Joeyrub, thanks for the feedback. While there's nothing I can do about shelf items repeating if you have autoscroll on (that's just the way wraplists work in Kodi), I will think about how to indicate either the first or last item in the shelf, which should help the situation you describe.

There's no ETA for this, as I will be away from my development environment for the next few days.

Regards,

Bart

No rush at all. It's not a very big deal at all
Ok..... This thread has been too silent, for too long already! It's driving me nuts! Lol.
So I'm just writing to make sure it still works right....

So could it be? Is this it? Have ALL issues been resolved? Is the skin really as perfect as perfect can be? I think so! For me it indeed is. But I'm not really a heavy Kodi user cause I only use it for the live TV through my Hdhr. No libraries or anything else. (Tbh probably 90% of all the requests and suggestions here, sounds like gibberish to me, I'm always surprised that Bart knows and understand exactly what's said. Haha)

So hey, maybe it really is just perfect by now? For everyone? Wow! If so, I'd upgrade the latest version to Amber Repo. And declare it THE perfect version. 😂
(2022-02-21, 06:38)Joeyrub Wrote: So hey, maybe it really is just perfect by now? For everyone?

Maybe he is implementing Themes, similar to the Metropolis skin Wink or a full fledged 4K version - which I am dabbling in when I have a minute here and there.
Think he still has to add the new Matrix/Nexus Weather map options (thought this was on the "To Do", but not seeing it now).

Otherwise, no complaints and just enjoying it all when there is time to watch something now.

@bsoriano thanks again for all your work on this over the last couple years.
System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)
System 2: Khadas VIM3pro - CoreELEC- Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)
(2022-02-23, 13:34)TheRealDeadMan Wrote:
(2022-02-21, 06:38)Joeyrub Wrote: So hey, maybe it really is just perfect by now? For everyone?

@bsoriano thanks again for all your work on this over the last couple years.
Really appreciate all the hard work bsoriano has put into this project as well as the feedback from the community, all this makes Amber the best skin in my opinion...

Every time I fire up my Nvidia Shield to watch something there is a sort of "satisfaction" that all looks just the way I want it and works as designed Smile
Nvidia Shield Pro, Kodi 21.0 Omega, Arctic Zephyr Reloaded

I love this! So this thread had officially now entered a new phase! No more bugs\complaints\suggestions etc etc etc. It's turned into a complementing Bart thread!

So let's all join in thanking Bart! For what is hands down THE best, nicest looking, Kodi skin.
You did it Bart! Take a bow!
Off topic completely, sorry ....

SLAVO UKRAINE!!
Hi Brad,

Hope you are keeping well.

Just wondered how you found Amber on the nVidia shield?
Did you find it slow to load the menus?

I have the latest hotfix for the shield, and was contemplating trying Amber once again to see how the load times fared, but wondered how you found them?

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-02-27, 07:40)Joeyrub Wrote: Off topic completely, sorry ....

SLAVO UKRAINE!!

I have many Ukrainian friends in Mariupol forgotten by the West who have been held prisoner for the last 8 years
Does Amber allow viewing of the play count? I've recently moved from Transparency to Amber and so far loving it, but I can't find a toggle for viewing the play count of movies and tv on Amber, not a dealbreaker and I've probably just missed a setting somewhere.
There is option on amber settings>media views>select items to show in views>media play count

Though for me it shows play count for music but not for movies. Not sure if im missing some other option to enable it for movies but hope this helps ya
(2022-03-11, 15:51)G0mez Wrote: There is option on amber settings>media views>select items to show in views>media play count

Though for me it shows play count for music but not for movies. Not sure if im missing some other option to enable it for movies but hope this helps ya

Already found and enabled that option, doesn't work for movies and TV as you said.

I'm thinking there must be another option that needs toggling somewhere, otherwise the views/media play count function is redundant?
Hi
Just wondering if anyone knows how to get the cpu temperature to display on the System Information / Hardware page. Currently just shows as not available. I am running Kodi 19.4 under Win10.

Cheers

John
  • 289(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5