• 26(current)
Release HBO Max
have you got sync with HBO enabled in the addon settings?
Yes it is enabled and actually used to work perfectly until few weeks ago I believe.

Not sure if it matters but I use HBO Max Sweden.
Hi
today HBO Max start also in Slovenia. Everything work very good except the max. resolution i got is only 1280X544pixels ... i think that I try all options but no go... with browser i can normally play 4k resolutions...
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
Does HBO suddenly check if your IP is from a country where the service is active? with HBOGO my subscription from Poland was available abroad as well.
I just installed the add-on under kodi in Arch Linux. I open a stream which works fine. Then I open it again and the stream does not start. I get an error message:

pelupapevo (paste)

I have python 3.10.2-1 installed if that matters.
@svemonix
i am unable to re-produce your sync issue with my USA account.
I have sync enabled in settings and can confirm via Continue Watching that it works.
Maybe you can provide a full debug log? that may show an error when its trying to sync

@kuluba
No idea sorry. Confirm via there website or official apps if same thing happens.
I think EU has an agreement where roaming around EU has to work for VOD services.
I know Disney+ does this.
But maybe you went outside the EU and then it was region locked?

@webmaher
as far as i'm aware - browser is limited to the same resolutions.
Only L1 Widevine devices (some android boxes) can get the full resolution.

@cuh7b5
that issue should now be fixed with v0.8.6
@matthuisman thanks for explanation... i cant see which resolution is in browser (Edge on W10) ... i will try tomorrow on my Sony Android TV... i really dont understand why is this limit ...
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
Actually, the browser can get better quality than the add-on as most browsers on Windows can use VMP (verified media path)
This is another security feature of Widevine.

Widevine in Kodi can't use that.
Basically, Widevine on Kodi is the same as Widevine in a Linux browser as they don't have VMP.

Except for Kodi on Android.
Kodi on Android can use the androids built-in Widevine DRM so can get max quality.

Again, it's the service limiting the quality.
HBO could decide to enable full res for Linux browsers and then we will get it too.
(2022-03-08, 23:01)matthuisman Wrote: @webmaher
as far as i'm aware - browser is limited to the same resolutions.
Only L1 Widevine devices (some android boxes) can get the full resolution.

I got the same SD (540p) limitation, but at the same time DD5.1 audio on my Odroid N2 with CoreElec/Kodi 19.4. I thought that it was my Widevine (v.4.10.2252.5) limitation, so I  reinstalled it to latest (4.10.2391.0) version, but with the same result.
Interesting though is that when I play the same movie with the "old" HBO_Go addon I get HD (1080p) video and Mpeg stereo audio. Now those videos that did not work properly with latest Widevine 4.10.2391.0 (which had to be reverted to v.4.10.2252.5) now work perfect with old HBO_Go addon.
Looks like the only hope we have now is that HBO takes of this SD limitation for Linux systems.
when HBO Max first started, they had VMP enforced.
So users on Linux / Kodi non-android didn't work at all.
So at least we have something for now

some good reading here:
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/11/...nux-users/
&
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/...nux_users/

Looks like a possible reason they enabled it on Linux is Tesla entertainment uses Linux Chrome.
The official website of HBO Poland redirects me and i think i have to tell them again that there is roaming Sad
On Sony Android TV 4K working but no HDR... can you please also add
HDR option because i dont have Dolby Vision which must be OFF...
As HBO have probably bad internet speed only 1080 movies and series work OK. Bit rate is up to 10Mb/s and quallity is very good...
4K goes over 20Mb/s and Video stutters all the way so i sending e-mail to HBO Slovenia ...

In player settings default subtitles is Croatian (because Netflix not have slovenian) and this always override my slovenian default in HBOMax addon...
I have 3 HBOMax profiles... and when i create shortcut to lets just say Profile1 I always got all 3 and then must choose Profile 1...
Is possible to fix this...

@matthuisman thanks again for all your explanation and great addon  Smile
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
Is there a way to get media info like cast, description, year, etc. appear in the add-on? I have only the title and a low-resolution picture as fanart. This is not very user-friendly.

Probably I am doing something wrong. I use Kodi 19 under Linux.

Probably there is an answer for my question somewhere in this thread. Sorry, I did not read the whole topic.
(2022-03-09, 01:51)matthuisman Wrote: when HBO Max first started, they had VMP enforced.
So users on Linux / Kodi non-android didn't work at all.
So at least we have something for now

Since I couldn't get HD resolution on Odroid N2 - CoreElec/Kodi 19.4, I installed Kodi 19.4 on my Firestick 4k which has certified Widevine L1. Installing your addon went OK and I can get again HD (even UHD which my main TV does not support) stream resolutions...
One question regarding Settings option for your addon: what is the first option "Device ID -> (mac_address)" for? Should I just ignored that, or?
(2022-03-08, 23:01)matthuisman Wrote: @svemonix
i am unable to re-produce your sync issue with my USA account.
I have sync enabled in settings and can confirm via Continue Watching that it works.
Maybe you can provide a full debug log? that may show an error when its trying to sync

It works again with the latest version… not sure what happened.

There has been glitches since HBO launched in additional European countries. Even in the official app I noticed odd behaviors like movie names showing up in a mix of different languages.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HBO Max0