• 290(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
Hi Bart

Hope everything is fine as it's been quiet here for quite some time now.

I just noticed issue on amber today. Background doesn't change anymore for shelve and library items. With little bit older build it keeps changing

And would have suggestion related to this subject; Music albums are showing static artist background so think it would be nice to have this feature on it aswell
Hello. I'm currently on Amber 3.4.32. Is there a way to get back "All channels" look as it's been in 3.4.31?

Hello there
I hope Bart is ok. But it seems for the time being he isn't responding here.
So I'll try to help if I can.
The issue you asked about, about the Channels page. I think there is a setting for that. (If you have the very latest version that is).
Under Amber settings; General; then almost at the bottom the is a option, "Allow changing view types in PVR channels window". So if you set this option to "NO" it should show the channels page as it was before.
Hope this helps
(2022-03-23, 11:45)fora Wrote: Hello. I'm currently on Amber 3.4.32. Is there a way to get back "All channels" look as it's been in 3.4.31?

Hello there
I hope Bart is ok. But it seems for the time being he isn't responding here.
So I'll try to help if I can.
The issue you asked about, about the Channels page. I think there is a setting for that. (If you have the very latest version that is).
Under Amber settings; General; then almost at the bottom the is a option, "Allow changing view types in PVR channels window". So if you set this option to "NO" it should show the channels page as it was before.
Hope this helps
Thank you for helping.
I'm currently on Amber 3.4.32  (latest as I know?), and there is no such option in settings-general, or anywhere else in skin settings.
Could you post screenshot?
(2022-03-28, 19:47)fora Wrote: Thank you for helping.
I'm currently on Amber 3.4.32  (latest as I know?), and there is no such option in settings-general, or anywhere else in skin settings.
Could you post screenshot?

Hey there.
Sorry for such late response.
But you probably don't have the latest version. Cause he didn't actually change the version number on every change.
So if you, if you know how, download the latest version from his GitHub link, and Install it, then you'll have the latest version, and then you should see this option.
I'll post a screenshot of it anyway so you know what to look for.

Thank you. Installing from GitHub solve problem with view in PVR Channels.

Maybe you can help me with some more things. On this version (3.4.32) I don't have anymore, in Recordings, "watched progres" icon, or how it is called. To be more precised icon is missing in any form of list view, and present in others (Panel, Icons...).
Movies and Tv Shows does not have that problem.

And another thing, is it possible to have originated Tv Channel name/logo near every recorded file?

I hope that you know what I mean, English is not my first language.

ImageImageImage
i recently had to install a brand new kodi and amber and i used to have it so when i hit the info button in the OSD i would be taken to the movie/episode info where you see the plot, actors etc. for some reason i cannot find this setting anymore. anyone know how to? thanks
Linux Elementary, Kodi 19.4, Lastest Amber Skin
Android TV 11, Kodi 20.2, Latest Amber Skin
(2022-04-05, 18:32)fora Wrote: Thank you. Installing from GitHub solve problem with view in PVR Channels.

Maybe you can help me with some more things. On this version (3.4.32) I don't have anymore, in Recordings, "watched progres" icon, or how it is called. To be more precised icon is missing in any form of list view, and present in others (Panel, Icons...).

And another thing, is it possible to have originated Tv Channel name/logo near every recorded file?

Hey again
Ok I think that maybe the issue with the list view, might be solved here. Maybe.
In Amber settings; Media Views; "List Views Options"
Now make sure, the first option, "Hide Second Label in List Views" is "OFF"
And "Show More items On List Views" is "ON"
Maybe this will put it back.
Again I'm not sure. I didn't try it myself, but if it is possible it would be here.

And as for adding the channel logo.... I don't really know if this is possible. But you can try here in the same settings page. Under "Media Views" "Select extra art to show in applicable views" set that to "clear logo". Maybe it will add it? Also " show fanart for special content" set it to" YES"
maybe
Thank you, i'll try it. Have you maybe previous (3.4.31) zip file from GitHub?
(2022-04-05, 18:32)fora Wrote: Thank you. Installing from GitHub solve problem with view in PVR Channels.

ImageImageImage

Hmmmm. U know what.... I just tried all the settings for the list views. But you're right. There is no way to have it show which episodes are already watched. That is a big mistake! Hopefully Bart will see this.
(2022-04-05, 19:25)billyrene Wrote: i recently had to install a brand new kodi and amber and i used to have it so when i hit the info button in the OSD i would be taken to the movie/episode info where you see the plot, actors etc. for some reason i cannot find this setting anymore. anyone know how to? thanks

Hey there.
Again I'm only answering as a user, I'm not a pro at this, and I'm myself kinda new to all this. But I have been using this skin for a while now. And I loved getting charges done here with Bart before. So now I'm just trying to help if I can, till he hopefully takes back control here later (hope he is well ..)

Your info issue question. I'm not sure. But under Amber settings; Media Views; the bottom option is, "Open ExtendedInfo for info Dialog" maybe set that to "YES" ?
(2022-04-07, 21:10)Joeyrub Wrote:
(2022-04-05, 19:25)billyrene Wrote: i recently had to install a brand new kodi and amber and i used to have it so when i hit the info button in the OSD i would be taken to the movie/episode info where you see the plot, actors etc. for some reason i cannot find this setting anymore. anyone know how to? thanks

Hey there.
Again I'm only answering as a user, I'm not a pro at this, and I'm myself kinda new to all this. But I have been using this skin for a while now. And I loved getting charges done here with Bart before. So now I'm just trying to help if I can, till he hopefully takes back control here later (hope he is well ..)

Your info issue question. I'm not sure. But under Amber settings; Media Views; the bottom option is, "Open ExtendedInfo for info Dialog" maybe set that to "YES" ?
hello and thanks for giving it a try but i have tried that setting already and that's not it
(2022-04-08, 07:40)billyrene Wrote:
(2022-04-07, 21:10)Joeyrub Wrote:

Hey there.

hello and thanks for giving it a try but i have tried that setting already and that's not it

found it. looked through the videoOSD.xml and found you need to install "library data provider" and then you get an extra option in "full screen/OSD" where you can choose  "info button opens video info dialogue" Smile
(2022-04-08, 14:43)billyrene Wrote:
(2022-04-08, 07:40)billyrene Wrote:
(2022-04-07, 21:10)Joeyrub Wrote: Hey there.

found it. looked through the videoOSD.xml and found you need to install "library data provider" and then you get an extra option in "full screen/OSD" where you can choose  "info button opens video info dialogue" Smile
I was gonna say I think it's Embuary helper or something like that, that will give that option there. But I guess it's library data provider.
Glad you got it
  • 290(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5