Library node and category removal
Well, to start, I am brand new to the forum. There are endless resources but couldn't find exactly my situation. I am wanting to remove the nodes or categories from my home screen that show genres, studios, etc. I had them all removed but the minute I added tv shows from my source, it added se of them back on? I just want to see ghe tv show poster, then go into seasons(which I also am struggling to figure out) and then each episode in that season. Can anyone help me? Please?
@davelee77

There is no setting to remove those. You will need to remove the Category files from the program folder.
In the program installation folder you would go to \system\library\video\tvshows (not the Kodi data folder (wiki) or Userdata (wiki) folders)
Delete all the *.xml files.

What is the problem with Seasons?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I added a Library Node that allows for changes and delwtions to these different categories. I went in there and deleted them all and they are still appearing. I have screenshots but don't know how to attach them for you to see.

As far as the seasons go, I got that figured except for 1 minor thing, it gives the folder "*All seasons." Is there a way to get rid of that? Otherwise, I think I'm doing good. Thank you for your help with this.
(2022-04-05, 06:37)davelee77 Wrote: I added a Library Node that allows for changes and delwtions to these different categories.
ah, ok. That has copied those xml files to the Userdata (wiki)\library\ folder for user editing. So you need to delete those files in both places. Delete or remove the xml extension, in case you want them back at a later stage.

(2022-04-05, 06:37)davelee77 Wrote: I have screenshots but don't know how to attach them
Button 14 or 18 to upload images

(2022-04-05, 06:37)davelee77 Wrote: it gives the folder "*All seasons." Is there a way to get rid of that?
Setting 3.1... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok, slowly getting there. I have ghe all seasons resolved. I located where the xml files are and there are no xml files as it relates to the categories. It would seem that when I deleted yhem from the menu, they were deleted from the xml files BUT I follow that Kodi has go be picking up that info from somewhere within  the program. I just can't find where. I could read them and try to delete from xml file?
What OS is Kodi installed on? Windows?
Post a Debug Log and I can tell you exactly where to go on your system.
My Signature
Its on a firestick 4k, so Android I think. Sadly, I don't know how to do that. However, I did find a skin with nodes configured the way I'm looking for. I really appreciate all your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library node and category removal0