• 56(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
(2022-04-09, 10:53)Buschel Wrote: Also it seems most other apps have the same layout but in different order (typically: Movies, TV show, Music, Pictures). Longpress functions can be difficult as they are often less intuitive. On the the other side I don't want to overload the remote with too many buttons.
Yes, but the order of buttons on the remote should remain the same as on the side menu. So, the current order is correct. Or you need to change the order on the main menu too.

Long press functions are fine when they are intuitive, like the automated repetition when holding a volume button or when a short tap does something directly (e.g. Play song) and a long tap brings up a selection menu (Play, Next, Queue, …). But when a long press does something completely different, like Pictures vs. Favorites, this is IMHO a very bad idea.
No worries, I am not planning to change any order. This would cause unnecessary trouble.

I was just locally updating the help screen for the remote buttons to reflect the current working longpress functions. This also fixes some issues with the translations no-one ever complained about.
Question 
Hi @Buschel
Different question: why are you still listed at Member level "Fan" and not as "Team Kodi"? Maybe @kambala can explain this?
This is because I chose to keep it like this.
(2022-04-09, 13:08)Buschel Wrote: This is because I chose to keep it like this.

Smile Thanks for the clarification!
I personally don’t really use that bottom row of buttons much on the remote screen so I won’t be able to provide any feedback regarding this. If anything I think it might be splitting hairs when these options are a pane away on the main menu.

Regarding long presses I view them as a necessary evil. There’s limited screen real estate and this doubles the amount you can do in the same space. I agree that long presses should avoid doing something dramatically different from what a short press does.

I agree, the help screen really should be updated to reflect the undocumented features.

UlfSchmidt - I too was curious about the lack of Buschel’s lack of Team Kodi handle. Thank you for asking about that.
I take your both feedbacks as a clear NO to add long press functions which are not related enough to the button otherwise. I will then remove the non-working code from the remote button long press implementation to keep this clean. If you have a good suggestions for a long press function for Music (Music Videos?), Movies (Videos?), TV Shows and Pictures let me know.

I am not sure if I would add more buttons, e.g. another row below the current one. There is enough space for newer devices but I feel this overloads the remote and would be difficult for the smaller devices. Maybe generally moving to 5 buttons in a row is an option to look at. This would allow to add one button to the upmost and the lowest button row. I am mainly searching for a way to add PVR (Live TV and Radio) and Favourites.

This again would require an update of the help screen. What bugs me with maintaining these screens is that these are localized images which always need a lot of manual work. I really need to find a better way to set this up, maybe with a picture showing all buttons with an index. And below there is a localized text next to each index… I tried something similar a while back, with no good success. The more languages are added, the more difficult the maintenance will become.
(2022-04-10, 11:01)Buschel Wrote: I take your both feedbacks as a clear NO to add long press functions which are not related enough to the button otherwise. I will then remove the non-working code from the remote button long press implementation to keep this clean. If you have a good suggestions for a long press function for Music (Music Videos?), Movies (Videos?), TV Shows and Pictures let me know.

I agree that Music Videos would be fine under Music, as well as having access to Videos via the Movies button. I also think that PVR aka Live TV may be hidden under TV Shows button's long press. Simply add another button for Favorites, as there are even already six buttons in a row in the line below these functions. Another row is unnecessary and not only looks cluttered, but de-groups thinks belonging together (as it is already unfortunately the case with the Stop button removed from the other playback controls).

Ulf
Just added this in a very quick and dirty way. It would look like this: https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-iugkx1.png
(2022-04-10, 12:52)Buschel Wrote: Just added this in a very quick and dirty way. It would look like this: https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-iugkx1.png

+1
1.10.1 build 3313
Release Notes

Two low risk fixes for issues which were found in the past days.
Hi Buschel,

I confirm subtitle message is fixed.

I forgot to mention the other day I found a minor navigation bug.

If you navigate deep into the tv show art screen - the one you access by scrolling to the bottom of the show details and tap on the bottom image.

Once the fan art is in immersive mode If you try to swipe back to the previous screen it will take you to the main menu.

Tapping on the art to leave immersive mode and go back to the show details and then swiping back takes you to season listing for example.
Confirmed, but nothing I can do about it -- I can simply not find the root cause.
Figured it out now. When showing the fanart in fullscreen the App removes the navigation bar ([self.navigationController setNavigationBarHidden:YES animated:YES]). This causes the framework to not handle the swipe anymore like intended. I could add the navigation bar again, and everything would work. Not sure though if this is worse by disturbing the look. The workarounds I found on stack overflow seem to add other risks.

Comparison:
https://abload.de/img/bildschirmfoto2022-04g3jvg.png
@Buschel would it be an option to present the fullscreen image modally instead?
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0