v20 Categories TV and Radio Order
I test Kodi 20 and i see that the order of TV and Radio Categories have change
The first Category is now the Guide and not Channels like in Kodi 19,4
If I klick on TV or Radio its start the Guide and not the Channels, thats unusefull for me
I dont know why this has been change
I agree and noted my preference on the PR but I accept that it will be a change that some will like and some will not.  There is rarely a solution that pleases everyone.

Martin
I use Kodi for Years to look TV and  I dont understand why change a good system from one nightly update to another
In Coreelec with Kodi  I cannot install Estuary mod because of the Coreelec settings , so I have to stay on Kod1 19
(2022-04-16, 21:49)oastra Wrote: so I have to stay on Kod1 19

For your information, "KOD1" is a known 'wizard' which provides various piracy add-ons. And as per our forum rules (wiki), there is no support here for setups with builds, wizards, forks, and any other 3rd party add-ons that are linked to video piracy.

So if you have a Kodi setup with any of these "extensions", then I recommend you get your support from wherever you got your Kodi add-ons. We don't want them here. Even mentioning them will get you our full attention as you can see.
Going from V19 to 20 is hardly a nightly change.   I've been using PVR since before Kodi and before it was officially in XBMC and have had to adapt (and use mods when I don't like them) If you don't like a skin UI change, you could always go back to Confluence which maintains the original order.  I am not really suggested that doing something simply because the last version did it is not a good philosophy.  Now when I get annoyed every time I open the guide, I hope that somewhere someone is happier.

Martin
I noticed this change too and i really dislike it.
Will stay with 19 for now and I'll see what can be done about it when the time comes. Imo TV should bring up TV channels, not the guide. Kind of an illogical decision if you ask me.
If i click to 'radio'  it switch to an emty radio guide, because my radio stations have no guide 
I think thats not logical

So i make changes in the home.xml file of the estuary skin and now if I click  tv or radio its switch to the 'channels' like in kodi19
Yes, it feels broken.
Well, i hope there's a person somewhere that's happy with it.
I will adjust manually as well, but it would be so much better to have a gui toggle for it (which defaults to channels so the vast majority doesn't need to change things up).
(2022-06-04, 22:47)Atreyu Wrote: Yes, it feels broken.
Well, i hope there's a person somewhere that's happy with it.
I will adjust manually as well, but it would be so much better to have a gui toggle for it (which defaults to channels so the vast majority doesn't need to change things up).

PRs welcome. If you are able to patch you are so close to the xml code that this should be no big deal. Default has to be Guide, though.

And there are definitely people happy with this change as it was officially requested. There are even people asking us for removing the channels window completely as they see no value in it, because the channels window displays nothing the guide doesn’t.
(2022-06-05, 08:12)ksooo Wrote: PRs welcome.
An answer that was to be expected Wink
I am not a programmer, nor do I have hope of any chance a PR _would_ make it through that suggested a smoother transition for users. Just voicing an opinion. It is what it is.
(2022-06-05, 08:12)ksooo Wrote: PRs welcome. If you are able to patch you are so close to the xml code that this should be no big deal. Default has to be Guide, though.
@ksooo  I was game to try but because of PR 17900 the order is in core, so it is far from a trivial change and I don't want to think you would accept tossing out PR 17900.

It is easier to make the activate options in PR 20520 configurable without changing core, I will give that a try.

Martin
Reverted in Nexus Beta1 and i absolutely love it. Now i can upgrade and leave all configs closer to defaults for any instance. Great!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Categories TV and Radio Order0