• 32(current)
Release HBO Max
(2022-04-20, 00:57)Sholander Wrote: I think that is set in Kodi/Settings/Player/Language. For me, with these settings: Preferred audio language => Media default and
Preferred audio stream => On, I get subtitles automatically on for all audio languages.

ok i try it, because I had different behavior for each addon. but I already know why I set the audio to english. The problem is that when I set the media default, it doesn't always select an English track for me to play. I didn't figure out how the tracks are marked as default and original. For HBO max and Netflix, it more or less works and the original is the original language of the series and the default is the English track. In one new series on Netflix, they were both Turkish, so it didn't fit in there ... but that was probably an exception. But where it doesn't work at all, it's PrimeVideo, where I have all the tracks marked as default and then it will select the first audio track ...
Then it's PrimeVideo addon's problem I presume. There can be only one default, otherwise it's meaningless in my opinion Wink
well if it's an addon still but I don't know what marks the original and which the default? the original language can't be set anywhere in the addon, nor can the addon find out in any way, that must be information from VOD, right?
I can imagine the default language that it is possible to set it somewhere, that it is, for example, English.
(2022-04-19, 12:44)Sholander Wrote: Another pretty weird thing I noticed; after booting my Firestick 4k, opening Kodi.20a (or if OS is running only restarting Kodi) and starting any 10Mbits h265 stream with DD+ I get subtitle stutter. If I then stop the stream, go to addon settings and change any option (usually I just turn on or off forced subtitles) and press OK to get out. Then playing the same stream there is no more subtitle stutter.

I noticed the same behavior. I will try your solution of changing an option. Thanks for the suggestion.
I forgot to mention that after doing any change in the addon and returning to the same stream, I resume play from stopped point. To make it faster I use this parameters in advancedsettings.xml, so that I can resume after initial 30+ seconds of video:

<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent>
    <ignoresecondsatstart>30</ignoresecondsatstart>
    <ignorepercentatend>5</ignorepercentatend>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

For some reason just stopping and resuming the stream does not resolve subs stutter...
Dear Matt!

First: Thank you for your hard work with the HBO max addon for Kodi.

Second:

There is a strange thing happening every time i play a HBO max movie.

Here is a Short kodi log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/puvorijubo.kodi
(2022-04-20, 22:55)Sholander Wrote: Then it's PrimeVideo addon's problem I presume. There can be only one default, otherwise it's meaningless in my opinion Wink

@Sholander   I've already discovered the problem ... unfortunately it's really a problem of the PrimeVideo addon :/  https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/issues/122

by the way has any solution to that problem in HBO max with AC3 audio jamming? Cannot set DD+ audio track to be selected by default or? :/
Is HBO still limiting the max resolution to 540p (960x540) for Linux/normal browsers (not L1 Widevine device)?

The reason I ask, is because I don't have a HBO Max-subscription at the moment (ended it in december due to the low resolution). Today I asked HBO Max-support, which said that Firefox will stream in full HD, but for some reason I don't believe it. I forgot to mention that I meant Firefox on a Linux installation.

(I didn't mention Kodi since most people does not know what it is, but as I understand this, the DRM-support in x86 Kodi is at the same level as a x86 browser on a normal x86 computer.)
(2022-04-22, 19:07)Kravatak76 Wrote: by the way has any solution to that problem in HBO max with AC3 audio jamming? Cannot set DD+ audio track to be selected by default or? :/

Why worry about AC3 when DD+ (or E-AC3 or EC3) is superior format?
What problem do you have with setting DD+ (EC3 in addon settings)? If I disable AC3 and enable EC3, it is default for all streams that have DD+ audio.
(2022-04-23, 01:10)Sholander Wrote:
(2022-04-22, 19:07)Kravatak76 Wrote: by the way has any solution to that problem in HBO max with AC3 audio jamming? Cannot set DD+ audio track to be selected by default or? :/

Why worry about AC3 when DD+ (or E-AC3 or EC3) is superior format?
What problem do you have with setting DD+ (EC3 in addon settings)? If I disable AC3 and enable EC3, it is default for all streams that have DD+ audio.
@Sholander Of course, I didn't realize that it could be set in the addon Smile thanks.
(2022-04-23, 09:15)Kravatak76 Wrote: @Sholander Of course, I didn't realize that it could be set in the addon Smile thanks.

Hehehe.., lots of goodies that can be set in this addon, you should take a closer look at them Big Grin
(2022-04-18, 18:00)Kravatak76 Wrote:
(2022-04-18, 13:42)Sholander Wrote:
(2022-04-18, 11:52)Kravatak76 Wrote: But there is no quality setting, so how do I know that my device really played the movie in 4K?

The only way I know of how to check the quality of a played movie is to watch if "HDR" or "HDR+", or "Dolby Vision" sign appears on your TV screen when the movie starts. This enough info for max stream quality...
I see, I have an older TV, although it's 4K but it doesn't support HDR, so I don't know it now ... But I'll buy a new one that will already support all the new formats, so I'll try it. But that still doesn't solve the problem, I probably won't play anything in Kodi in 4K, does it? My goal was to have everything in one library (local files, VODs) and play everything from one place. I gradually worked on that, but as I understand it, I'm limited to HD.
@Sholander So I already have a new TV with support for 4K HDR, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, etc ... In the HBO Max application, everything runs as it should. What is the best playback quality setting in the HBO Max addon? What does Best (Automatically choose the best quality) mean? Does this mean that the addon will select the best possible quality at all or the best according to internet speed? Or is it better to choose Custom and set the max bandwith and to what value should I set it at an internet speed of 300Mbps?
(2022-04-26, 21:39)Kravatak76 Wrote: What is the best playback quality setting in the HBO Max addon? What does Best (Automatically choose the best quality) mean? Does this mean that the addon will select the best possible quality at all or the best according to internet speed? Or is it better to choose Custom and set the max bandwith and to what value should I set it at an internet speed of 300Mbps?

For testing, use "Ask" option and then you see which stream qualities are offered. Then select "Best" and when stream starts check at which quality it plays...
Don't use Custom - Bandwidth limit, if not needed.
(2022-04-26, 22:08)Sholander Wrote:
(2022-04-26, 21:39)Kravatak76 Wrote: What is the best playback quality setting in the HBO Max addon? What does Best (Automatically choose the best quality) mean? Does this mean that the addon will select the best possible quality at all or the best according to internet speed? Or is it better to choose Custom and set the max bandwith and to what value should I set it at an internet speed of 300Mbps?

For testing, use "Ask" option and then you see which stream qualities are offered. Then select "Best" and when stream starts check at which quality it plays...
Don't use Custom - Bandwidth limit, if not needed.
@Sholander Great, now everything is working as it should and 4K play without any problems. At least in HBO max Smile

I can't set the default best stream in the Netflix addon and I have to select 4k manually, but maybe I just have something wrong set and in the PrimeVideo addon I can't play 4k at all: D, but it doesn't belong in this forum anymore Smile
@matthuisman
On my Firestick 4k (Android 7.1) today's Inputstream Adaptive update from 20.1.2 to 20.2.0 in Nexus (latest nightly) broke h265 (1080p) playback. Cannot revert to previous version, as it's not supported any more. When I try to play any, even lowest bitrate h265 stream it does not start, but crashes Kodi to Firestick GUI.
In new IA version there are now also settings for stream quality selection, which could be the cause.., or not Smile
h264 (1080p) streams work OK, as do h265 on Matrix 19.4 which has old IA version...
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HBO Max0