• 198(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
Got an odd one at the moment in that I can't play the video streams, according to the log it is trying to load the inputstream.adaptive plugin from kodia application install folder (program files as it's a windows box) instead of my roaming profile which is where the plugin resides ?

I'm guessing I just need to fix a path reference somewhere but where do I look ?
MSL error: This title is not available to watch instantly.
I tried changing force L3
I am using Kodi 19.4 on Android tv uhd. 1.18.4 version of castagnait repository. Tried changing esn to nfandroid1
Didn't work . Nothing helps. Checked for MSL file it is set as viewable_id. It is also correct. Please someone help me.
here is the log file
That's the error I get on screen, looking under the hood at the logs seema to indicate the inputstream.adaptive plugin is being referenced in the wrong location, although from your logs it looks like the plugin is loading
Which device are you using to run Kodi?
Hi, how do I set up a netflix addon to defaulely select the best video stream for me, eg 4k? I can't set it up. When I set the automatic stream selection in the input stream adaptive, the video is always played only in FHD. When I set the manual stream selection, the video also only plays in FHD, but I can select a 4K stream. I don't know how to force the addon to always select the best possible video stream or at least for the video to play in 4K by default when available. Thank you for the advice.
In NF addon Expert Settings did you enable HEVC, HDR and DV?
Did you try settings "Limit video stream" => UHD4K
(2022-05-01, 11:03)Sholander Wrote: In NF addon Expert Settings did you enable HEVC, HDR and DV?
@Sholander 
yes I have everything enabled and I also tried the settings "Limit video stream" => UHD4K. so I don't understand why the NF addon still selects my FHD stream Sad When I select 4K stream when manually setting it, it remembers it when playing the same video repeatedly ... but it's stupid, have to set everything like this, I don't know why it doesn't work automatically ... when selecting a stream, FHD is marked as the default, which is strange
(2022-05-01, 19:13)Kravatak76 Wrote:
(2022-05-01, 11:03)Sholander Wrote: In NF addon Expert Settings did you enable HEVC, HDR and DV?
@Sholander 
yes I have everything enabled and I also tried the settings "Limit video stream" => UHD4K. so I don't understand why the NF addon still selects my FHD stream Sad When I select 4K stream when manually setting it, it remembers it when playing the same video repeatedly ... but it's stupid, have to set everything like this, I don't know why it doesn't work automatically ... when selecting a stream, FHD is marked as the default, which is strange
@Sholander  So I figured out what the problem was ... It was a disabled option - Ignore Display Resolution. When I turned it on, all the add-ons started selecting the max stream. It's because Kodi run in FHD resolution ... and I had no idea this option causes the stream selection to be limited to FHD Big Grin
Can anyone help with this?

Kodi 19.4 on Win 11 Pro 21H2 22000.613. 32GB RAM. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics

Kodi started repeatedly crashing to windows after 20 to 40 mins use from 1st May. This is while using the NetFlix addon - the system is rarely used except for NetFlix so it is unknown whether it is specific to this addon. The windows event viewer suggests widevinecdm.dll is the cause and I wonder if it was updated at about that time. I was going to revert to an earlier version but I am not sure where widevinecdm.dll come from.

Debug log 1:- https://paste.kodi.tv/uhuwuwicug.kodi
I have a second debug log which is too large to post on paste.kodi.tv

I noticed that the ordinary log files always ended with a bunch of warnings about audio sync errors. I have no idea if that is relevant (there was no audible desynchronisation) but I have posted 3 of these in case it helps.

https://paste.kodi.tv/owegaqapaw.kodi
https://paste.kodi.tv/idulusosal.kodi
https://paste.kodi.tv/qateyanafo.kodi

Each of the crashes corresponds to a windows event log error:-

Faulting application name: kodi.exe, version: 19.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x624f826e
Faulting module name: widevinecdm.dll, version: 4.10.2449.0, time stamp: 0x605c11af
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000002dbb41
Faulting process ID: 0x1200
Faulting application start time: 0x01d863d6e7ed37b3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Kodi\kodi.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\JVB\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cdm\widevinecdm.dll
Report ID: f030e79f-2577-44be-8f02-c32e3b6e2bc0
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I am going to try dropping back to netflix 1.18.4
@CastagnaIT : Addon creates the folders in library with a basic all episodes / season in the one &  same folder & this folder does not even have the year in its naming convertion(example with pictures to follow at the end).
For people like me who like to edit / get the best local metadata & artwork using like tinymedia  manager or embermedia manager (which changes & puts all episodes correctly in season folders etc and manages nfo's/artwork/trailers ) there is the creating duplicates issue. The addon thinks that the library is empty ( as the folders have been mdofied my a media manager hence) and then creates another set of .strm's in a new folder but again with a basic only structure. This creates a perpetual issue epecially if there is an ongoing series which requires updating & addition of content  as this keeps doubling up. 
Is there any way this could be rectified ? 
Maybe someone already has this sorted and they could kindly share this here 
Or maybe we can get the addon to create the strm's in season specific folders with the tmdb naming conventions so there isnt any conflict ?
here are some pictures depicting this issue
ImageImageImage
(2022-05-11, 11:43)Archway Wrote: Can anyone help with this?

Kodi 19.4 on Win 11 Pro 21H2 22000.613. 32GB RAM. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics

Kodi started repeatedly crashing to windows after 20 to 40 mins use from 1st May. This is while using the NetFlix addon - the system is rarely used except for NetFlix so it is unknown whether it is specific to this addon. The windows event viewer suggests widevinecdm.dll is the cause and I wonder if it was updated at about that time. I was going to revert to an earlier version but I am not sure where widevinecdm.dll come from.

Debug log 1:- https://paste.kodi.tv/uhuwuwicug.kodi
I have a second debug log which is too large to post on paste.kodi.tv

I noticed that the ordinary log files always ended with a bunch of warnings about audio sync errors. I have no idea if that is relevant (there was no audible desynchronisation) but I have posted 3 of these in case it helps.

https://paste.kodi.tv/owegaqapaw.kodi
https://paste.kodi.tv/idulusosal.kodi
https://paste.kodi.tv/qateyanafo.kodi

Each of the crashes corresponds to a windows event log error:-

Faulting application name: kodi.exe, version: 19.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x624f826e
Faulting module name: widevinecdm.dll, version: 4.10.2449.0, time stamp: 0x605c11af
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000002dbb41
Faulting process ID: 0x1200
Faulting application start time: 0x01d863d6e7ed37b3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Kodi\kodi.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\JVB\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cdm\widevinecdm.dll
Report ID: f030e79f-2577-44be-8f02-c32e3b6e2bc0
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I am going to try dropping back to netflix 1.18.4

Well i am having the exact same problem. Seems there is  some kind of combability issue with widevinecdm.dll and windows 11.
the nearest issue relevant to what I am requesting  on your github is : Adding clearart and year to generated nfo #1212
However that does not take into account  the mediamanagers
Doubt its Windows 11. I had Win11 on my HTPC, where the  current problem is, for 3 months before this issue started. There were no Win11 updates in the two weeks before the problem started so presumably not an update either.

In the meantime I have:
- completely uninstalled and reinstalled kodi
- removed and update the graphics drivers
- cleared out the trash
- run sfc /scannow

with no success Sad
(2022-05-14, 16:03)shaktoo Wrote: @CastagnaIT : Addon creates the folders in library with a basic all episodes / season in the one &  same folder & this folder does not even have the year in its naming convertion(example with pictures to follow at the end).
For people like me who like to edit / get the best local metadata & artwork using like tinymedia  manager or embermedia manager (which changes & puts all episodes correctly in season folders etc and manages nfo's/artwork/trailers ) there is the creating duplicates issue. The addon thinks that the library is empty ( as the folders have been mdofied my a media manager hence) and then creates another set of .strm's in a new folder but again with a basic only structure. This creates a perpetual issue epecially if there is an ongoing series which requires updating & addition of content  as this keeps doubling up. 
Is there any way this could be rectified ? 
Maybe someone already has this sorted and they could kindly share this here 
Or maybe we can get the addon to create the strm's in season specific folders with the tmdb naming conventions so there isnt any conflict ?
here are some pictures depicting this issue

yes the addon works in this way then if you rename the names of folders you will break the addon library management

the only way is rework the addon source code that manage the library and maybe also the database,
if this rework will be done, you should consider
- a way to handled duplicates (the reason of the year added that you want remove)
- the new library system must not break the old library system, keep both or add a migration at addon start-up, this to not compromise all users who still use it
- if a folder will be changed from an external addon, in any case this will cause problems, then a different system will have to be found to map the library to the database
- must be tested locally and with Kodi mysql for multiple kodi instances

this is a big re-work that will require a lot of time and will not be considered by me
but someone can do it if you wish

However strm are legacy and will be replaced in the future by Media import: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794
so no more STRM files saved to disk the data will be fetch from addon/network
this is another reason because i will not spend time on this
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
  • 198(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14