• 294(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2022-04-22, 22:46)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-04-21, 18:23)evangelion Wrote: Thankyou!

@evangelion , I have added the option to show the last played date in appropriate media views.  You need to enable the setting here:

And it looks like this:

The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix only at the moment).  Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Perfect, just what I was looking for, Thankyou!

*Added Bonus - displays the date added also Smile Smile
Hey there Bart.
How you doing well...
I just updated one of my Kodi setups, to the the new Kodi Necus 20.0
I was terrified of it will open up with the basic skin, cause I didn't know if the Amber skin would be compatible. But it is working! So far I haven't noticed any issues
Has anyone else here updated already?
Hmmm. Just bumped into my first issue here.
Bart if your reading this. I'm not sure if you at all tested the new 20.0 version of Kodi? But the latest version of Amber I had for Matrix seems to work perfectly fine with the new version.
Except I just ran into 1 issue. The color picker isn't working. I get a error message saying skin helper color picker issue. Check log....
I'm almost sure this is something from the your end? Not sure.
Anyway just wanted to bring it up.
Even if you aren't officially working on the Nexus version, I figured you should at least know about this.

Hope all is well Bart
Hey again
Sorry Bart. Just noticed a little thing....
On the last version of the skin, The Fwd and rwd buttons are missing from the Osd screen, when I watch tv.
I did notice it is there when I play a recording. But when I watch TV it's gone. It only has the skip fwd n back buttons, but missing the ffwd and frwd buttons.

I did install the repo version of the skin and the buttons were there, but when I updated to the latest from GitHub, it was gone again.
Was this done on purpose?
I don't really mind it very much, cause I used the remote buttons for that anyway. But just wondering if u removed them on purpose
Hey Bart.  I do hope you're still maintaining Amber.  If you can find the time, would it be possible to add the studio icon to the colored icons in the low list view?  Thanks.  Hope all is well.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2022-04-27, 04:57)dawsonjw Wrote: Hi Bart
I was just scrolling through my movie sets and noticed that in the LIST view that in some instances it shows the movies in the set including their viewed status and others just displays the set description. I am assuming that the center section of the view only shows either the movies in the set or the description with the description taking precedence. Just wondering is there a way to show both if available

Cheers

John

@dawsonjw ,

Thanks for the request.  I will look into the best way to have both if available.  No promise on ETA, as my time is severly limited.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @dawsonjw , I looked further into this, and the issue I have is that I will not be able to scroll automatically (I do not know how) from the description to the movie list if both are available, and I do not want to add any buttons or other actions that could slow down navigation of the movie set list.  If you would like, I can add an option to always show the movie list and not the description.  Would this be OK for you? Please confirm.  Thanks.
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-05-22, 02:42)Joeyrub Wrote: Hey again
Sorry Bart. Just noticed a little thing....
On the last version of the skin, The Fwd and rwd buttons are missing from the Osd screen, when I watch tv.
I did notice it is there when I play a recording. But when I watch TV it's gone. It only has the skip fwd n back buttons, but missing the ffwd and frwd buttons.

I did install the repo version of the skin and the buttons were there, but when I updated to the latest from GitHub, it was gone again.
Was this done on purpose?
I don't really mind it very much, cause I used the remote buttons for that anyway. But just wondering if u removed them on purpose

@Joeyrub,

Thank you for the feedback.  The buttons which now are not showing up are actually the Previous and Next buttons.  The foward and rewind are there if the content supports seeking.  The previous and next buttons usually did nothing in Matrix and before.  In Nexus, they will show up if you are viewing timeshift, or if the content has scene markers, like EDL markers, Cuts, or chapters.  See the following screenshot (latest Amber from GitHub for Nexus, latest nightly from June 16th):

As you can see, the OSD is showing the previous and next buttons, since the movie has chapters (the white markers show where the chapters are on the seek bar).

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-05-21, 20:18)Joeyrub Wrote: Hmmm. Just bumped into my first issue here.
Bart if your reading this. I'm not sure if you at all tested the new 20.0 version of Kodi? But the latest version of Amber I had for Matrix seems to work perfectly fine with the new version.
Except I just ran into 1 issue. The color picker isn't working. I get a error message saying skin helper color picker issue. Check log....
I'm almost sure this is something from the your end? Not sure.
Anyway just wanted to bring it up.
Even if you aren't officially working on the Nexus version, I figured you should at least know about this.

Hope all is well Bart

@Joeyrub,

Thank God all is well, thank you for your concern.  Unfortunately, the colorpicker addon is broken on Nexus, and I do not have the skills to fix it myself.  There is new colorpicker functionality in Kodi core in Nexus, but I have not gotten around to learning its use and adopting it for Amber.  I am hoping @Angelinas will be able to fix the colorpicker addon.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-05-26, 16:38)bobrap Wrote: Hey Bart.  I do hope you're still maintaining Amber.  If you can find the time, would it be possible to add the studio icon to the colored icons in the low list view?  Thanks.  Hope all is well.

@bobrap, thank you, all is well, as I hope it is with you.  I am still maintaining Amber, even though my time is really limited, as I was able to finally find a new job, which is very demanding. 

I think adding the first studio icon (there might be multiple), when using colored flags, to Low List is doable.  I just need to test it out well to make sure it looks good.  You would want this for Matrix or for Nexus or both?

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-06-18, 21:15)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-04-27, 04:57)dawsonjw Wrote: Hi Bart
I was just scrolling through my movie sets and noticed that in the LIST view that in some instances it shows the movies in the set including their viewed status and others just displays the set description. I am assuming that the center section of the view only shows either the movies in the set or the description with the description taking precedence. Just wondering is there a way to show both if available

Cheers

John

@dawsonjw ,

Thanks for the request.  I will look into the best way to have both if available.  No promise on ETA, as my time is severly limited.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @dawsonjw , I looked further into this, and the issue I have is that I will not be able to scroll automatically (I do not know how) from the description to the movie list if both are available, and I do not want to add any buttons or other actions that could slow down navigation of the movie set list.  If you would like, I can add an option to always show the movie list and not the description.  Would this be OK for you? Please confirm.  Thanks.

Hi Bart
Thanks for taking the time to look at this. Yes an option to show to show a movie list would be great

Cheers

John
(2022-06-18, 22:14)bsoriano Wrote: I was able to finally find a new job, which is very demanding
Great to hear that Bart, and glad to hear that all is well with you.

Take care,

Shedrock
(2022-06-18, 22:14)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-05-26, 16:38)bobrap Wrote: Hey Bart.  I do hope you're still maintaining Amber.  If you can find the time, would it be possible to add the studio icon to the colored icons in the low list view?  Thanks.  Hope all is well.

@bobrap, thank you, all is well, as I hope it is with you.  I am still maintaining Amber, even though my time is really limited, as I was able to finally find a new job, which is very demanding. 

I think adding the first studio icon (there might be multiple), when using colored flags, to Low List is doable.  I just need to test it out well to make sure it looks good.  You would want this for Matrix or for Nexus or both?

Regards,

Bart

Both would be nice since I use one and play with the other.  Good to hear about finding a new job!
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
In a (left-)vertical menu configuration with showing 2 or 3 shelves at once, is it possible to reverse the shelves order? Feels very unnatural to me that it goes first to the bottom shelf and then I have to scroll up, instead of going first to the top shelf and then me scrolling down. Been going though all the settings, and I cannot find such an option
Hi,

I would like to create sub-menu with 10 unwatched random movies.
Is it possible ?

Great Job

Gautier
Another question: I can't load local subtitles when playing a video file.
There is no option to "Browse for subtitle...", as there is in default skin.

Regards
  • 294(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5