• 150(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
I had the same problem. 3.2.6 solved it partially - sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. So, some movies I had to scrape 2 or 3 times and then the plot was filled in correctly.

Perhaps IMDb runs a slightly different layout in some a/b-testing or something? (Unfortunately I haven't made any logs.)
Plot not showing for me either.

Auto updates enabled for both the repo (currently 3.2.5) & the universal scraper.
UMS giving an error "Unable to connect to remote server" today. Tried manually updating the add-on but still not working. Looked for other posts noting the issue but haven't seen any thus far.

It was working fine yesterday when I scraped a few new items into my library.

Edit - Looks like IMDb is having issues itself right now.
(2022-06-01, 00:52)K0D1User1138 Wrote: UMS giving an error "Unable to connect to remote server" today. Tried manually updating the add-on but still not working. Looked for other posts noting the issue but haven't seen any thus far.

It was working fine yesterday when I scraped a few new items into my library.

Edit - Looks like IMDb is having issues itself right now.

I just tested my IMDB actor image scraper and it is working fine.  Looks like IMDB issue may be resolved.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Wink 
I just did a test scrape of what I was attempting to add earlier and it did work.
I've got some issues scraping my movie library with latest Kodi and Universal Movie Scraper.

It happens like 20% of the time but when I update the library it will search by <movie filename> when its supposed to search by <movie folder> with title of movie. I have set it to search by folder name in the content settings so it shouldn't even be looking at the file names. When I go in into refresh so I can manually enter the proper movie name to search by it shows me that it is searching by <filename>.mkv.

My folder structure is like this:
Movies / <movie folder (format: title year)> / <movie rar files (rar names often doesn't match, file also doesn'tmatch)>

This was a new install on a generic intel.
Its really annoying to manually go in and correct your library (its a pretty big library), Anyone know why its doing this and if there are way to fix it?
@Orlmente

Please provide a Debug Log that captures you scraping one of these problem movies.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Here is the LOG

I just scanned 3 movies:
American Pie (1999)
American Pie2 (2001)
1941 (1979)

After the scan, 1941 was inserted as "Spider Man No Way Home" (Huh?), the other 2 failed totally.
I then tried to manually refresh 1941 and the popup input view picked up a list of totally unrelated movies and, if going to manual insertion it showed up the filename instead of the folder name.
I did also a scan to library for the 2 failed American Pie and the search was also this time for the filename instead of folder name.
(2022-06-08, 14:09)Orlmente Wrote: After the scan, 1941 was inserted as "Spider Man No Way Home" (Huh?), the other 2 failed totally.
Check item 1d here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Nope,
I fall under the 5%... my video have no tag in them and the setting was switched off.
Also note that this particular video file is from 2004/5, even if it had a tag or something it couldn't for sure point to a movie made 16 years later...
https://paste.kodi.tv/doqavisocu.kodi

I am having the same problem as other users with using Universal Movie Scraper to scrape movies.
The movie info correctly scrapes except for IMDB Plot (and also IMDB taglines in my case.)
Both of those fields are blank.

I am posting debug log for:
Vera Cruz (1954)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047647/
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/12766-vera-cruz

This is just one example. I have attempted over 40 films and it is the same on all.
New scrapes or refreshes are all the same. No amount of retrying has any different result.
I have done a complete reinstall of kodi (after a backup of my old install), installing Universal Movie Scraper, and immediately adding a new movie: same result.

I submit this for your kind consideration.
(2022-06-12, 00:55)Rufus T. Firefly Wrote: The movie info correctly scrapes except for IMDB Plot (and also IMDB taglines in my case.)
Both of those fields are blank.
I can confirm this issue. More changes at IMDB I expect.

@olympia will need to check it out.

In the meantime you have two workarounds...
1. In the scraper settings, change the Plot to scrape from TheMovieDB, or
2. Change scraper and use TheMovieDB Python scraper.
My Signature
Hello not sure where to report this.
A new issue has appeared using the IMDB scraper using windows 10x64 and Kodi 19.4

Using a test movie "Nowhere to Go (1958)" (and many others now)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052013/

Whiile the parseIMDBplot function seems correct, the cached file it runs against is not. GetIMDBPlotById is returning tt052013-main-html to work with.
If you search the actual cache file, in my case %appdata%\Kodi\cache\scrapers\metadata.universal\tt052013-main-html
the plot is missing from the file. So the problem is with the web page saver not the scraper.

But there can be a workaround. It seems that the correct IMDB Plot appears in the cached tt052013-reference.html file using a different format. A change could be made to both the
GetIMDBPlotById and parseIMDBplot functions to parse the reference file and return a plot.

I can post (temporary) changes to those functions if anybody wants them.

Should I post this in the general errors forum?
(2022-06-12, 02:19)Karellen Wrote: In the meantime you have two workarounds...
1. In the scraper settings, change the Plot to scrape from TheMovieDB, or
2. Change scraper and use TheMovieDB Python scraper.

Thank you for the helpful suggestions.
Hi all.
Changing the scraper functions GetIMDBPlotById, parseIMDBPlot, GetIMDBTaglineById and ParseIMDBTagline to work with tt##-reference.html instead of tt##-main.html file seems to work consistently for most movies now.

If anybody would would like to test it, I posted the entire imdb.xml in pastebin

https://paste.kodi.tv/isaluhekid.kodi

regards,
at2010
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9