• 72(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
Hi

Love the screen saver. 

However I want to use it on some devices that I dont want to have local storage.

I want to use Google Drive. This is where I am having trouble.  I can select my pictures from Gdrive in the config section, however when it activates all I get is "rotating circles".

I can run the Kido slideshow on the Gdrive without any problems.

Im running and testing on my Laptop running Windows 10.

Any help would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
I waited for the screen saver while I was displayying the images off the Gdrive. I watched the rotating circles for a few minutes to make sure. Then I activated the inbuilt Kodi Slide Show and it worked perfectly. I stopped it and waited and the Screen Saver kicked in and I had the rotating circles again.

I read that this Addon only creates a list and sends it to the in built Kodi Screen Saver.

There doesn't seem to be any error in the Log file.
I watched the rotating circles for a few minutes to make sure. Then I activated the inbuilt Kodi Slide Show and it worked perfectly.
I tried looking at OSMC and had the same problem. I then tried another Addon that was specifically designed for Cloud drives and it reported an error.

It could not find the Cloud Drive Remote Request module. 

I found the script.module.clouddrive and it was installed and the latest version.

Does anyone have any info?
Hi

I am new to Kodi I evaluated it a year ago and decided to do something. It did not behave experience and found the information I came across very confusing as the information I came across was out of date.  I noticed that bugs have to go thru a bug tracker, and low and behold above there is a BUG TRACKER, but that is only for KODI and if you spend time logging it there it will be closed and removed. You get a link to the ADDON, but there is nothing there for you to report.

This is the problem.  By not having a proper help system you will be inundated with time wasting requests because everyone is working in the dark.

GITHUB told me to use GITLAB but that does not have a bug tracker.

I hope this helps you because I am getting no help or info I need.
@loubro

You haven't actually asked us anything, or described the problem. So, no, your post does not help.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-06-16, 17:49)loubro Wrote: Hi

Love the screen saver. 

However I want to use it on some devices that I dont want to have local storage.

I want to use Google Drive. This is where I am having trouble.  I can select my pictures from Gdrive in the config section, however when it activates all I get is "rotating circles".

I can run the Kido slideshow on the Gdrive without any problems.

Im running and testing on my Laptop running Windows 10.

Any help would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

@Karellen 

My first post described the problem with my first post above.

I have placed my log file here.

https://paste.Kodi.tv/avebaqogi

In summary.  I cannot get the Slide Show Screen Saver to work with my Google Drive.  My Google Drive works with the Kodi Slide Show and the Slide Show Screen Saver works with Google Drive. And the Screen Saver uses the Kodi Slide Show.
Here is another issue.

There are two config screens, one is the Add-on config, the other is the System/Settings/Interface/Screensaver - settings.

The Addon one does not allow you to select a Picture-Addon as the source folder.
The Interface does allow you to select Google Drive as the source folder.

Once you select Google Drive as a source you cannot unselect it on either of the above. You have to uninstall the Addon and install it again to select another source.
Another Issue

Because the screensaver would not work with my Google drive, I attached a USB Stick with my images and it worked fine. However when I reboot Kodi it does not attach the USB Stick. 

So How do I use the Slide Show Screen Saver with my own images?  I prefer the Google Drive solution, however I could live with the USB except that I dont want to remove and insert the USB stick each time I boot the device.
(2022-06-18, 05:41)loubro Wrote: My first post described the problem with my first post above.
Ok, thanks.
The developer needs to answer, who has been away for a couple of months. Not sure when he is back, but he will be back.

I have never tried using remote sources, so I don't know if it is supposed to work. If you are using your own images in a folder, then that folder needs to be accessible to Kodi.
Kodi does not control USB connections, that is done by the operating system.
Save your folder of images to a drive, preferably one that is permanently installed so there is no issues with drive letters changing, or the drive not connected.
Your log link is empty.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-06-18, 05:48)loubro Wrote: Here is another issue.

There are two config screens, one is the Add-on config, the other is the System/Settings/Interface/Screensaver - settings.

The Addon one does not allow you to select a Picture-Addon as the source folder.
The Interface does allow you to select Google Drive as the source folder.

Once you select Google Drive as a source you cannot unselect it on either of the above. You have to uninstall the Addon and install it again to select another source.

More research has discovered the following.

When I install this AddOn and go to configure it, the Picture Addon option for the Folders source does not appear on either config panel.

After I use the Picture Addon to see and display the images in the Picture Slide Show. Then go back to the AddOn Screensaver config, the Picture AddOn folder option suddenly appears in BOTH config screens.

One minute its not there the next minute it is makes using this system very frustrating.
The disappearing Picture Addon option only occurs after a reboot of Kodi. Which is separate to the issue of this Screensaver Addon not working with Google Drive.

Is this disappearance a Kodi Issue or is it the Google Drive Issue or is it this Addon?  How am I to report it when its not clear who is responsible.
(2022-06-18, 05:48)loubro Wrote: There are two config screens, one is the Add-on config, the other is the System/Settings/Interface/Screensaver - settings.
They are both the same. It is just two different methods of accessing the same config screen.

(2022-06-18, 07:41)loubro Wrote: The disappearing Picture Addon
What is this Picture Addon you keep referring to?
My Signature
Picture SlideShow Screensaver from repository
Sorry misunderstood, its the Carlos Guzman's Google Drive addon from repository
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4