• 90(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2022-04-20, 02:37)koolio Wrote: when you find time, please can you rebuild because download is deleted everywere. many thanks!
Thanks for the report. I've uploaded new test builds. On the first try the Android builds failed which is why they didn't work while the others worked fine (again). I've now also fixed the Android builds and all links should work again.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@Montellese

Have you ever thought about using plex labels as kodi tags?
Which Labels? Could you elaborate?

The library sections from PLEX should added as tags in Kodi.
(2022-05-17, 23:27)kingkearney Wrote: @Montellese

Have you ever thought about using plex labels as kodi tags?
I just checked my Plex library and I couldn't find any "labels" in the "Edit" dialog. Can you provide a screenshot or a more detailed description?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
When in the "Edit" dialog you have the following sections:

General
Tags
Sharing: (Labels are here)
Poster
Background
Info
Advanced

I use Labels for my Netflix style genres [200+], comes in very handy when it comes to sharing media content.
When in a plex library you can also use Labels to filter down your media content, comes in handy when making smart playlists.

I'm a heavy user of a kodi addon called "library node editor". I use tags to create custom libraries, having all my black and white; foreign; anime; seperate from each other.

Using your fork of kodi is a bit buggy at times but is the best "kodi plex" integration I've used. I just miss all my custom tags šŸ˜
(2022-05-20, 16:12)kingkearney Wrote: When in a plex library you can also use Labels to filter down your media content, comes in handy when making smart playlists.

I'm a heavy user of a kodi addon called "library node editor". I use tags to create custom libraries, having all my black and white; foreign; anime; seperate from each other.

Using your fork of kodi is a bit buggy at times but is the best "kodi plex" integration I've used. I just miss all my custom tags šŸ˜
Thanks for the hint. I'll take a look at it once I've got some spare time.

Can you elaborate on the bugs you encounter at times?
Will this be merged into v20?
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
KOdi 19.4
ERROR <general>: CAddonInstallJob[mediaimporter.plex]: The dependency on script.module.websocket_client version 0.57.0 could not be satisfied.
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
(2022-05-30, 19:06)webmaher Wrote: KOdi 19.4
ERROR <general>: CAddonInstallJob[mediaimporter.plex]: The dependency on script.module.websocket_client version 0.57.0 could not be satisfied.

Do you have the repository.mediaimport enabled? Because script.module.websocket_client is part of the same add-on repository as mediaimport.plex.
Uf, aj mejka mistejka ... once again... thanks for your helpĀ  Big Grin
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
(2022-02-01, 22:26)psrkallez06 Wrote: Hello again folks! Any more News regarding The library cleaning? (no stress). Smile
@psrkallez06Ā On which platform / OS are you using media import? I've looked into the library cleaning issue and could provide you with a test build.
Trying to grab: https://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andr...64-v8a.apk and it's reporting as file not found?
(2022-06-14, 05:51)pejamas Wrote: Trying to grab: https://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andr...64-v8a.apk and it's reporting as file not found?
I've updated the download links atĀ https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/wiki/...#downloads with new builds.
@Montellese

Quote:Can you elaborate on the bugs you encounter at times?

I have multiple libraries setup in plex, they all import perfectly except 2. I updated PMI from 0.9 to 0.10 and now i only have 1 large library that struggles to import.

I finally got some free time and noticed you added links for new builds (can't find any info about what's new; if any) installed it and was ready to create a log file but of course kodi didn't crash. PMI imported the 1 large library without any errors, even the full sync in settings worked for the first time.

Ive got next week off so will have some time to do some heavy usage of this setup and see if I can get kodi to crash (as in just exits instantly) again.

I've been using a kodi skin called Embrary for this setup and it creates custom hubs based on kodi tags so it works well with your plex library tags.

• I just wish you imported episode thumbnails into kodi named 'thumbnail'.

• Have you thought about importing plex playlists into kodi?

• When you import rating(s) into kodi is it possible for you to set a default source? I'm guessing that's normally done by a scrapper but since you don't use one it doesn't get set for the movies/shows/episodes. This means that ratings don't display in the skin.

• One idea that might take a bit of time to do is finding out how plex handles its theme tunes, and incorporating that into kodi. I know plex has its own online collection of 30 second audio clips (any longer breaches copyright laws) for the theme but it also checks local first and plays them instead.
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10