v19 Playback over DLNA/uPnP NOK V19.4
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, but I have been using Kodi for years now.
I have been running kodi 18.7 without problems.
Yesterday my SD card crashed after 2 years of operation and I needed to start from scratch.
I've installed Raspberry Pi OS, pi-hole and Kodi.
But now I'm having issues with kodi I did not have before.
When installing kodi now using the standard command: "sudo apt-get install kodi" and is installing kodi19.4 matrix.
The problem I'm having is with streaming youtube over DLNA/uPnP using the Tubio app on my android phone.
It will play only one video after which I get a error:One or more items failed to play....
Not possible to start any other videos afterwards, only reboot solves the issue, but after one video to reappear.
I've tried several reinstalls, and the problem stays:-(
This is a logfile of an attempt: https://paste.kodi.tv/eqesakibed.kodi

I have looked around internet and in the kodi forum, but I could not see this exact problem being addressed.

Does anybody have an idea whether this is already a known issue and perhaps also how to solve?
Or is it a new bug?

As containment I would like to downgrade.
How can I go back to kodi 18.7, which apparently isn't that straight forward.
I searched around internet, but I could not find a solution for RPI.
I found this mirror site where many other link to: https://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/
There are no pre-compiled versions for raspbian on there.
Why is it so difficult to install an older version?
Why not something like "sudo apt-get install kodi -V18.7"?

Many thanks in advance for your help!!
(2022-07-02, 23:46)Stuwvaart Wrote: How can I go back to kodi 18.7, which apparently isn't that straight forward.
I'm guessing you'd have to install Debian Buster OS, and not the latest Debian Bullseye.
The former does Kodi 18, the latter does Kodi 19.

(2022-07-02, 23:46)Stuwvaart Wrote: Why is it so difficult to install an older version?
You would have to ask the Debian / Raspberry Pi OS developers that question. It is their Linux OS flavor.
Hello Klojum,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this issue!!!
See my comments below:
(2022-07-03, 00:23)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-07-02, 23:46)Stuwvaart Wrote: How can I go back to kodi 18.7, which apparently isn't that straight forward.
I'm guessing you'd have to install Debian Buster OS, and not the latest Debian Bullseye.
The former does Kodi 18, the latter does Kodi 19.
Hmmm is there also a dependency between OS and kodi, that is not really convenient:-(
I would think that I'm not the first and the last person wanting to downgrade.
Would it be possible that the procedure to downgrade is facilitated by kodi experts and published on the kodi forum or kodi website?
If every person has to investigate which dependencies needs to be met, how to translate this to sequences of commands, is not really feasible and where all of this knowledge is known with the kodi developers.
(2022-07-03, 00:23)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-07-02, 23:46)Stuwvaart Wrote: Why is it so difficult to install an older version?
You would have to ask the Debian / Raspberry Pi OS developers that question. It is their Linux OS flavor.
OK, than the kodi installer (sudo apt-get install kodi) is not developed and supported by kodi, but by the OS developers, that is not what I would expect.
Perhaps a good feature request is to facilitate an installer option for every OS and every version of kodi, so that someday installing any version would be a matter of only specifying an explicit version.
I hope that this can be picked up by one of the developers reading this post;-)

For me this is becoming too complex as I do not have a SW background.
With a non working version V19.4 and no idea how to downgrade I'm running into a roadblock.......

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback over DLNA/uPnP NOK V19.40