• 295(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2022-07-09, 03:37)SolidGoti Wrote: Another question: I can't load local subtitles when playing a video file.
There is no option to "Browse for subtitle...", as there is in default skin.

Regards

Bring up OSD menu while video is playing. Select the subtitles menu and you can browse from there
[/quote]

Bring up OSD menu while video is playing. Select the subtitles menu and you can browse from there
[/quote]

Perfect after activate in settings/skin/full screen Odd/ subtitles button opens subtitle settings in video osd
@bsoriano 

It looks like you're running Windows 11 on your machine now. Is that correct? Any issues with getting Kodi onto Windows 11?  I'm about to build a new pc and contemplating jumping into Windows 11 with it, but I didn't know if that would cause issues with Kodi. I wasn't sure if Kodi itself would run on 11, let alone see if it would cause issues with me running 19.4 on a couple of other Windows 10 machines that share a library on my NAS and sync across machines for items watched, etc. If you have any input, I'd love to hear it and your thoughts on Nexus. I thought they might be building Nexus for Windows 11 potentially to move on from Windows 10, but I didn't know if that made sense or not, as I haven't investigated Windows 11 much yet.  Thanks!
(2022-06-29, 00:49)krad23 Wrote: In a (left-)vertical menu configuration with showing 2 or 3 shelves at once, is it possible to reverse the shelves order? Feels very unnatural to me that it goes first to the bottom shelf and then I have to scroll up, instead of going first to the top shelf and then me scrolling down. Been going though all the settings, and I cannot find such an option

@krad23 , unfortunately, that is the way I have the navigation coded for the shelves, in all cases.  I will evaluate changing it when two or three shelves are showing, but I cannot make any commitment as to when I can have this done.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-07-08, 14:20)SolidGoti Wrote: Hi,

I would like to create sub-menu with 10 unwatched random movies.
Is it possible ?

Great Job

Gautier

@SolidGoti, yes, this is possible.  All that you need to do is create a playlist that has 10 random unwatched movies, and add that playlist as a submenu item.  Here is the code for the playlist:

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>10 Random Unwatched</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
        <value>0</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>10</limit>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

You can copy that, paste it into a file and name that however you want, with the extension xsp.  You can place this in your <userdata>\playlists\video folder. 

Or, you can just create the playlist in Kodi (Videos, Playlists, New Smart Playlist).  Just select for a rule that Playcount is 0, limit to 10 items and order by Random.

After you have the playlist, the way you add it as a submenu item is:

1. Go to Settings, Amber Settings, Customize Home Menu and Shelves

2. Then go to the menu item where you want your submenu.  In the screenshot below, I went to Movies:

3. Then go (on the right side of the screen) to Customize Submenu:

4. And then go up to the button bar, and choose the + sign to add a submenu item:

5.  Then, select Choose Item for Menu:

6.  Then, go to Video Library:

7. Then go to Playlist:

8. Then select the playlist you created before (in my case, I named it 10 Random Unwatched):

9. Select what you want to happen when you click on the new submenu item, to either play the playlist (the movies will start playing) or display the playlist.  In the example below, I chose to Display the playlist:

10.  Then, you can either change the label of the new submenu item to whatever you want, or you can leave as is, and then you can go back to the main menu (by using Back or Esc).  Once in the main menu, Amber will rebuild the menu to add the new submenu item.

11.  The end result is having the new submenu item under the menu item you chose.  You can see it here under the Movies menu item, which is what I chose:

12.  And when I select it, the playlist is displayed:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-07-14, 17:47)crazyhands911 Wrote: @bsoriano 

It looks like you're running Windows 11 on your machine now. Is that correct? Any issues with getting Kodi onto Windows 11?  I'm about to build a new pc and contemplating jumping into Windows 11 with it, but I didn't know if that would cause issues with Kodi. I wasn't sure if Kodi itself would run on 11, let alone see if it would cause issues with me running 19.4 on a couple of other Windows 10 machines that share a library on my NAS and sync across machines for items watched, etc. If you have any input, I'd love to hear it and your thoughts on Nexus. I thought they might be building Nexus for Windows 11 potentially to move on from Windows 10, but I didn't know if that made sense or not, as I haven't investigated Windows 11 much yet.  Thanks!

@crazyhands911 , yes, I have been running Windows 11 for a while now.  I have not had any issues with Kodi under Windows 11, and I am running 19.4 under Windows 11 as my main setup (all my media is on Sysnology NAS), and running Nexus in portable mode under Windows 11.  Again, no issues.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-06-19, 01:14)dawsonjw Wrote: Hi Bart
Thanks for taking the time to look at this. Yes an option to show to show a movie list would be great

Cheers

John

@dawsonjw , I am not sure if you have noticed, but I added an option to always show the set movie list.  You can find the new option here:

And the end result if you enable it is that the set movie list is always shown and not the plot when there is a plot available:

The changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-07-24, 23:42)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-06-19, 01:14)dawsonjw Wrote: Hi Bart
Thanks for taking the time to look at this. Yes an option to show to show a movie list would be great

Cheers

John

@dawsonjw , I am not sure if you have noticed, but I added an option to always show the set movie list.  You can find the new option here:

And the end result if you enable it is that the set movie list is always shown and not the plot when there is a plot available:

The changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart
Thanks so much for doing this. It works just fine.

Keep up the good work, we all appreciate your efforts

Cheers

John
Is there any way for Amber to also show what time it will be when the video is finished playing? both in the selection screens and when I've paused a video (where then it increments the end time while paused.)

I use the "Tall List" view for movies
I use the "Simple List" view for TV shows; but "Tall List" view for the episodes of the selected TV show

Amber is my daily driver skin (although I use Aeon Tajo by @manfeed when I want to really wow people)
(2022-08-21, 04:14)selfcontained Wrote: Is there any way for Amber to also show what time it will be when the video is finished playing? both in the selection screens and when I've paused a video (where then it increments the end time while paused.)

I use the "Tall List" view for movies
I use the "Simple List" view for TV shows; but "Tall List" view for the episodes of the selected TV show

Amber is my daily driver skin (although I use Aeon Tajo by @manfeed when I want to really wow people)

@selfcontained , there is a setting for the media views that you can enable (it is disabled by default).  You can go to Settings, Amber Settings, Media Views, Select Items to Show in Views:

Just enable "End Time", and now it should show in media views, as you can see here:

There is nothing you need to do to show it when you pause, it is there in the seekbar shown on pause, as you can see here:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Also, thank you for your continued support of Amber and Kodi in general.  By the way, @manfeed is an excellent skinner, very creative.  Aeon Tajo is a great example of what you can accomplish with Kodi skinning.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Thank you for your reply Bart. I've just re-downloaded Amber from your GitHub. It is still ver. 3.4.11 and I don't see "select items to show in views" as an option. I'm going to download your repo and try again.

edit: Success! your repo brings Amber to version 3.4.32 and that has end time in both the movie & TV show select screens plus in the OSD when paused (and it increments the end time as pause duration goes on!!)

I can't thank you enough for making this skin one of the very best!
(2022-08-24, 00:10)selfcontained Wrote: Thank you for your reply Bart. I've just re-downloaded Amber from your GitHub. It is still ver. 3.4.11 and I don't see "select items to show in views" as an option. I'm going to download your repo and try again.

edit: Success! your repo brings Amber to version 3.4.32 and that has end time in both the movie & TV show select screens plus in the OSD when paused (and it increments the end time as pause duration goes on!!)

I can't thank you enough for making this skin one of the very best!

You are very welcome! Smile

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi @bsoriano ,

Maybe this has been answered sometime , but what is the criteria for the local trailers files to autoplay? i check and it's not the media extension (.mp4.mov etc) .
Why somes works and anothers dont? especially the new ones.
I want to use local files .
What i have to change mate?
Thanks
(2022-08-27, 17:13)ofory2012 Wrote: Hi @bsoriano ,

Maybe this has been answered sometime , but what is the criteria for the local trailers files to autoplay? i check and it's not the media extension (.mp4.mov etc) .
Why somes works and anothers dont? especially the new ones.
I want to use local files .
What i have to change mate?
Thanks
Nevermind mate , i found the way , i only need to create a new .nfo file for the movie with the local trailer in it or rescan the movie.
This is the most functional skin which hides OSD finally thank you!

I have two question though:
1) How can I remove the large horrible icon when I press pause on the right? https://ibb.co/vX3yDHq

2) Is there a way how to just one-click to pause/play and not twice within the skin without remapping my remote control?

Thank you!
  • 295(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5