• 144(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
(2022-11-28, 21:47)RB0135 Wrote:
(2022-11-28, 21:24)latts9923 Wrote: @RCBodyslam
OK...I know now why you're not seeing your artwork after scraping. Your artwork goes in the Artist folder...not in the extrafanart subfolder. Only place the fanart images you want to see when using the "EXTRA FANART" art setting in the extrafanart folder. When you manually select your thumbnail, are you going to the Artist info screen and selecting CHOOSE ART?
@latts9923 , @RCBodyslam - As of late, I am having just as much difficulty as RCBodySlam. Something is now terribly mixed up for importing Albums. Now, I found in the Artist Slideshow config for the Addon, you can turn on"use extrafanart folder" and I seemed to have to have that on then all local images were scraped properly for an assortment of songs, BUT, not for Albums. 

At one stage, if Kodi scraped an Album and I had missing Artwork, it would retrieve it and place it in the Album Directory for the Album (such as the folder, disc image, etc) and for the Artist Directory (I have a special location for "all music information"). This doesnt seem to happen now with any scraper. For Example, my structure for my Music Directory is exactly like Kodi recommendations and that is an Artist, then their Albums in a directory each underneath the artist. Kodi seems to scrap the music fine, but doesnt load any Album Artwork. I have Maximum artwork turned on in the settings.

I too have completely cleaned everything (my special musicinfo directory that I point the addons and Kodi too, as well as removed the music sources, and music.db file).

For anyone (even @latts9923 ) that says it works for them, do you mind sharing your settings for Music (such as which scraper, prefer online, etc) and does it download the artowrk to the correct Artwork directory. It seems the scrapers just download to the Kodi DB although the Team Kodi Generic Album Scraper doco says it will place missing artwork it in the Album directory.
Evening!
Not sure if this helps or not? I have my settings as follows:
1. In Media/Music the Default Provider for Album and Artist Information is TheAudioDB Album Scraper
2. I have my music folders set up as follows:
Artist/Album with a Subfolder extrafanart. Images in here are just left named as they were downloaded (not renamed to fanart1, fanart2 etc)

When I add an artist I select information/choose art/fanart and select an image in the extrafanart folder. The rest of the images then cycle automatically in full screen.

Art is set to Extra Fanart
My music viz is Layout 3D:
      Similar Artists (Johnybee Mod): Albums On, Banner On.

If you need anymore info about my settings please let me know.

Pete
DOH!!  Okay so if I take the fanart out of the extrafanart folder, so that they're just in the artist folder, then Kodi will populate Fanart 1, etc? But if I do that, then I won't be able to see the images in the top right window in Shelf or Magazine views, will I? 

And yeah, that's exactly how I was choosing the thumbs. There's Artist information folder and Item Folder. I was going into choose art and picking from the info folder, but then I also chose from remote images and they still didn't show up.
Sorry for the double post 😬
At this rate, I ain't gonna have any hair left to pull out 😭I'm basically like a cartoon figure sticking my finger between my lips,moving it up and down really fast and going "bebebebebebebebebebe."😅

So this is how things currently stand.When I use an extra fanart folder, I can see all my artwork cycle in the window in Shelf and Magazine views, which is what I want. However, I have to select all my fanart individually because Kodi doesn't automatically populate  Fanart 1, 2 etc. Also, Extra Fanart doesn't show images from fanart tv even though I know there is art available. (I assume someone uploaded some AC/DC pics to them, lol) It only shows my one fanart.jpg image and that's all. Which I don't want.

When I *don't* use an extra fanart folder, and select " Show extra fanart in thumbnail" in Shelf and Magazine views, there's no window in the top right corner. When I deselect it, then I see my only my fanart.jpg image. But I do see extra fanart from fanart.tv in the background. And Kodi fills in Fanart1 and so on.

​​​​​I just want to be able to see the images I downloaded for my folders in the top window while also seeing Extra fanart from Fanart.tv. Without  having to pick fanart1 fanart2 myself. 😖 Maybe the fix for the bug will help with some of that.
You don’t have to have your Artist Fanart in your individual Artist folders that also contain music. In fact I would recommend against it. I have a completely separate folder just for artist artwork. If you set Kodi up that way and point to that separate artwork folder, then as it gathers artwork it will create a sub folder for each artist and then inside that sub folder will be all the artwork for that artist. I keep it that way so that I have a folder that contains only music files. At one time I did have the artwork mixed in with the music files but I manually pulled all that out so I would have just music files and then a separate folder for artwork. I keep both music files and artwork files on a Synology NAS.
(2022-11-29, 01:09)RCBodyslam Wrote: At this rate, I ain't gonna have any hair left to pull out 😭I'm basically like a cartoon figure sticking my finger between my lips,moving it up and down really fast and going "bebebebebebebebebebe."😅

So this is how things currently stand.When I use an extra fanart folder, I can see all my artwork cycle in the window in Shelf and Magazine views, which is what I want. However, I have to select all my fanart individually because Kodi doesn't automatically populate  Fanart 1, 2 etc. Also, Extra Fanart doesn't show images from fanart tv even though I know there is art available. (I assume someone uploaded some AC/DC pics to them, lol) It only shows my one fanart.jpg image and that's all. Which I don't want.

When I *don't* use an extra fanart folder, and select " Show extra fanart in thumbnail" in Shelf and Magazine views, there's no window in the top right corner. When I deselect it, then I see my only my fanart.jpg image. But I do see extra fanart from fanart.tv in the background. And Kodi fills in Fanart1 and so on.

​​​​​I just want to be able to see the images I downloaded for my folders in the top window while also seeing Extra fanart from Fanart.tv. Without  having to pick fanart1 fanart2 myself. 😖 Maybe the fix for the bug will help with some of that.
Hi @RCBodyslam 
As a test, I've just added a new artist to my library (A single Taylor Swift track).
Didn't add anything (images etc) except create an artist folder and a sub folder for the album the track was from (Taylor Swift/Lover). I then made sure the tags were fine in Mp3Tag.
Opened Kodi and let it update my music library with the generic music scraper. Kodi created and populated an extrafanart folder and an information folder.
It populated the Album folder with: thumb, discart, back art etc. 
It populated the Artist folder with: fanart, fanart1, fanart2, fanart3 and thumb
All working fine when extra fanart setting is set to on: Images cycle through in fullscreen music viz and on the background when on the Magazine 3d screen, although the top right picture is static (I've never noticed that one cycle ever though?). Discart is showing as expected as is cover, back art, banner etc.
If I select Artwork Helper Fanart, everything is the same EXCEPT in full screen it sticks on the fanart image.
Is that what happens to you?
@RCBodyslam
@wags1
@Chalklands
I completed a similar test to Chalklands with the Universal Artist Scraper and the band AC/DC so I could check out the artwork problem for RCBodyslam. I did not have AC/DC in my library, so this was a fresh scrape. I expected to see the clearlogo, fanart, etc. in the Artist folder, but after completion of the import KODI created an "AC_DC" folder in my Artist Information Folder and only downloaded the clearart and thumb image. I have all artwork settings enabled in Universal Artist Scraper.
Hi @latts9923 
Another request I'm afraid! Is there any way of adding an a-z scrollbar to the Magazine 3D view? No worries at all if not. Never really used it before, but it looks quite cool.  However with a large music library it takes ages to tab through as it stands.

Thanks!
@latts9923 I checked the directory that holds all my artwork and a directory for a new artist was just created on 11/25 and inside that artist subdirectory it did create a extrafanart folder and their were artist images in there so it seems to be working for me.
(2022-11-29, 15:20)Chalklands Wrote:
(2022-11-29, 01:09)RCBodyslam Wrote: At this rate, I ain't gonna have any hair left to pull out 😭I'm basically like a cartoon figure sticking my finger between my lips,moving it up and down really fast and going "bebebebebebebebebebe."😅

Hi @RCBodyslam 
As a test, I've just added a new artist to my library (A single Taylor Swift track).
Didn't add anything (images etc) except create an artist folder and a sub folder for the album the track was from (Taylor Swift/Lover). I then made sure the tags were fine in Mp3Tag.
Opened Kodi and let it update my music library with the generic music scraper. Kodi created and populated an extrafanart folder and an information folder.
It populated the Album folder with: thumb, discart, back art etc. 
It populated the Artist folder with: fanart, fanart1, fanart2, fanart3 and thumb
All working fine when extra fanart setting is set to on: Images cycle through in fullscreen music viz and on the background when on the Magazine 3d screen, although the top right picture is static (I've never noticed that one cycle ever though?). Discart is showing as expected as is cover, back art, banner etc.
If I select Artwork Helper Fanart, everything is the same EXCEPT in full screen it sticks on the fanart image.
Is that what happens to you?
Hey Chalklands🙂

Pretty much. I use artwork that I downloaded from Google images. Kodi will populate the album and artist folders as long as I just have my artwork in the artist folder not an extra fanart folder I thought I needed until Latts cleared that up for me. For the images to cycle in the window tho, my understanding is that they *do* need to be in an extrafanart folder. Which is probably why I've never seen my movie fanart cycle thru.

When using Artwork helper, even if Kodi has populated the folders, I can only see it cycle thru images in Artist view.In  album and song views, it stays stuck on the one fanart image.
(2022-11-29, 05:58)wags1 Wrote: You don’t have to have your Artist Fanart in your individual Artist folders that also contain music. In fact I would recommend against it. I have a completely separate folder just for artist artwork. If you set Kodi up that way and point to that separate artwork folder, then as it gathers artwork it will create a sub folder for each artist and then inside that sub folder will be all the artwork for that artist. I keep it that way so that I have a folder that contains only music files. At one time I did have the artwork mixed in with the music files but I manually pulled all that out so I would have just music files and then a separate folder for artwork. I keep both music files and artwork files on a Synology NAS.
I think when I set up my next music library, I'm gonna give this method a try. Sounds like it can go smoother than it did this time, lol. Thanks for the tip!👍
(2022-11-29, 15:49)latts9923 Wrote: @RCBodyslam
@wags1
@Chalklands
I completed a similar test to Chalklands with the Universal Artist Scraper and the band AC/DC so I could check out the artwork problem for RCBodyslam. I did not have AC/DC in my library, so this was a fresh scrape. I expected to see the clearlogo, fanart, etc. in the Artist folder, but after completion of the import KODI created an "AC_DC" folder in my Artist Information Folder and only downloaded the clearart and thumb image. I have all artwork settings enabled in Universal Artist Scraper.
Sounds like the same thing happened to you. I just assumed I had done something (else) 😛 wrong. At least this is one less thing for me to puzzle over.

Once I created extra fanart folders for everyone, it pretty much sorted things out for me. I'm using Magazine view for artists and Shelf for albums and now I can see all my extrafanart in top right window. And I have it set to extra fanart to see the images from fanart.tv in the background, so I'm happy 🙂

I noticed a couple of things tho. I wasn't seeing artist thumbs in certain views like Magazine and Poster. Eventually I remembered how I wasn't seeing Character art posters because I had Cinemagraph Arts poster disabled. It was the SAME THING this time. Once I enabled it, I could see the artist thumbs. Not sure why a movie option is tied into music views tho. Another bug? 

Also when I enable Show diffuse for disc art, it gets rid of the square background for discs in my Library. But when I use a widget on the main menu, the disc pops up with the square background still there.

And in Poster List view, when I scroll down thru my movies, the disc art from the previous movie, not the current one will pop up.If I press left then right on my controller, the correct one will appear.
(2022-11-30, 02:24)RCBodyslam Wrote:
(2022-11-29, 05:58)wags1 Wrote: You don’t have to have your Artist Fanart in your individual Artist folders that also contain music. In fact I would recommend against it. I have a completely separate folder just for artist artwork. If you set Kodi up that way and point to that separate artwork folder, then as it gathers artwork it will create a sub folder for each artist and then inside that sub folder will be all the artwork for that artist. I keep it that way so that I have a folder that contains only music files. At one time I did have the artwork mixed in with the music files but I manually pulled all that out so I would have just music files and then a separate folder for artwork. I keep both music files and artwork files on a Synology NAS.
I think when I set up my next music library, I'm gonna give this method a try. Sounds like it can go smoother than it did this time, lol. Thanks for the tip!👍
Sure wish I would have done it separately from the very beginning. It was very laborious manually cleaning out all the artwork that was mixed in with my music files and moving it all to a separate directory structure without loosing all the artwork content. It was not fun! But I am glad I did it.
@Chalklands
I added the alphabet scrollbar to Magazine 3D. It will be part of the next update. And you're welcome!

@wags
I'm going to have to test this music folder creation more...I'm getting mixed results.

@RCBodyslam
I reproduced the problem with the Artist thumb not displaying when "CINEMAGRAPH ARTS - POSTER" is disabled. I'll fix it.

I'll fix the widget discart as well. Thanks for letting me know!

I'll take a look at the Post List view as well.
@latts9923

Thanks! I think it might just be my device when it comes to the discart showing correctly in Poster List view. It just takes 5 or 6 seconds for the disc to switch from one to the other. Though there are times when it stays stuck on the one and I have to click to manually change it.
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod0