• 8(current)
Deprecated Extras Addon (Kodi 18/19 and on)
(2022-04-18, 04:04)darkkmage Wrote: Ok, I tried creating it from scratch in Notepad, that fixed it. My bad!
Right. All fixed then.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Creating the file from scratch in Notepad did the trick--my guess is it wasn't in Unicode because I confirmed it was an XML file. I'll see about using Notepad Plus Plus in the future.
(2022-04-02, 19:44)grove Wrote: A simple question, that I don't see mentioned anywhere (if it is, please excuse me for overlooking that):

Can you have (sub-)directories in the Extras folder?

As an example of where this would be usable: The edition of Titanic I have, have 29 deleted scenes, and some other extras, I would like to have a directory for those, so they don't clutter up the list of extras.

I can't see that anyone ever answered that, maybe I should just try.
Another case I've found where this would be usable is extra for tv series, where there are extras for each season. That quickly turns into quite a few extras, and you might have to take care to include the season  in the name, e.g. my "The Big Bang Theory" dvds has extras for each season, and for season 2-12 that includes "Gag reel".
(2022-05-03, 00:39)grove Wrote: I can't see that anyone ever answered that, maybe I should just try.
Yep, I think this would have been the fastest solution. Just try.
But IIRC correctly I believe that you can. So you should be able to create Season sub-folders.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
For the sake of other that might want to know:
It works fine with having directories in the Extras directory for "The Big Bang Theory". I haven't scraped "Titanic" yet, but I don't see why there should be a dfference between movies and tv series, in relation to this, so I think it will just work.
I'm currently using Kodi 19.4 with emby for kodi and Aeon MQ 8 skin.
I have the extras addon installed.
When I long click on a movie cover the context menu shows & I select extras but all I see is basically a blank screen with only one line showing '..'
If I click on this I get returned to the movie cover.
Is this a known problem?
I have a subfolder called extras in the movie folder.
Each of the 'extras' videos has an nfo file associated with it. For example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
  <plot />
  <outline />
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2021-06-05 20:55:24</dateadded>
  <title>Deleted Scenes</title>
  <runtime>16</runtime>
  <country>Israel</country>
  <genre>History</genre>
  <genre>Drama</genre>
  <studio>Metro Communications</studio>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <micodec>h264</micodec>
        <bitrate>1084116</bitrate>
        <width>698</width>
        <height>420</height>
        <aspect>2792:1575</aspect>
        <aspectratio>2792:1575</aspectratio>
        <framerate>25</framerate>
        <language>und</language>
        <scantype>progressive</scantype>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
        <duration>16</duration>
        <durationinseconds>960</durationinseconds>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>aac</codec>
        <micodec>aac</micodec>
        <bitrate>159334</bitrate>
        <language>eng</language>
        <scantype>progressive</scantype>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</movie>

Can anybody give me any pointers to get extras to work please?

Here is the kodi log file:

jiloliwuka (paste)

Thanks
(2022-08-05, 08:59)Chalklands Wrote: I select extras but all I see is basically a blank screen with only one line showing '..'
Usually means that the Extras folder cannot be found. Your log is of no help as you did not enable Debug Mode.
Have you changed the default naming of the folder in the addon settings?
Is your folder named exactly like it is shown in the addon settings?
Where have you placed the Extras folder? Provide a screenshot so we can see.
Also, don't forget to add the advancedsettings.xml code, otherwise you will end up scanning your Extras into the library... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras

But you mention Emby and IIRC, Emby does something weird with accessing media. I think it bypasses the Kodi library database so I am guessing it cannot find your Extras folder?
Can you test by accessing the movies directly through Kodi and see if the Extras folder becomes available.
My Signature
(2022-08-05, 09:42)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-08-05, 08:59)Chalklands Wrote: I select extras but all I see is basically a blank screen with only one line showing '..'
Usually means that the Extras folder cannot be found. Your log is of no help as you did not enable Debug Mode.
Have you changed the default naming of the folder in the addon settings?
Is your folder named exactly like it is shown in the addon settings?
Where have you placed the Extras folder? Provide a screenshot so we can see.
Also, don't forget to add the advancedsettings.xml code, otherwise you will end up scanning your Extras into the library... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras

But you mention Emby and IIRC, Emby does something weird with accessing media. I think it bypasses the Kodi library database so I am guessing it cannot find your Extras folder?
Can you test by accessing the movies directly through Kodi and see if the Extras folder becomes available.
Thanks for your response. I'm doing some testing on Kodi installed on a firestick. It does seem to be emby that can't find the extras folder.
Two things I've noticed (kodi for Emby disabled)
1. nfo files are showing in extras.
2. Trailers are showing as movies. Would this be because in my file structure I have my trailers saved in a 'trailer' sub directory in the individual movie folder? Should I put them in the main directory do you think?
(2022-08-05, 12:42)Chalklands Wrote: Would this be because in my file structure I have my trailers saved in a 'trailer' sub directory in the individual movie folder?
Kodi does not use a Trailers folder. See here for using trailers... https://kodi.wiki/view/Trailers

(2022-08-05, 12:42)Chalklands Wrote: nfo files are showing in extras.
Extras don't need nfo files. Extras is just a simple browser that displays items in the extas folder. Hmm, I thought the display was limited to video files, but maybe I am mis-remembering and it displays whatever is in the folder.
Don't forget to add your advancedsettings.xml entries
My Signature
Thank you!
How does Kodi handle different versions of a movie, eg Theatrical and Directors cut? Is it best to just add them to a collection?
(2022-08-05, 17:29)Chalklands Wrote: How does Kodi handle different versions of a movie, eg Theatrical and Directors cut?
There is a PR that add a Movie Version feature... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/21469
It is hoped that this will make it to v20.

In the meantime, you can add your movies to Collections or you can add them to the Extras folder and play from there.
My Signature
I'm presuming this will be a "not without rewriting the addon," but is there a way that we can write .nfo files for the extras to provide a short description in infoviews?
(2022-11-13, 16:21)TheJezstarr Wrote: is there a way that we can write .nfo files for the extras to provide a short description in infoviews?
No.

(2022-11-13, 16:21)TheJezstarr Wrote: m presuming this will be a "not without rewriting the addon,"
Yes
My Signature
Hi,

is there a way to get the Extras to show in other context menus as well including Favorites and Search in particular?

Thanks and best regards,

Thomas
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extras Addon (Kodi 18/19 and on)0