Solved Clean Library says Source is Unavailable, but all media from source works fine.
I have Kodi configured to use SQL and NFS via my NAS and I use my main desktop to update the database for my Android clients. When I do a Clean Library at the end of scan I get the dialog "Unavailable source" and it asks me what I want to do with media items from the source, i.e. Keep/Remove.

Looking through my log file it shows some errors about media it cannot find and many of them are really old items that have not been in my library for some time.

It appears to all work, but how can I stop this from appearing and clear my DB so that these ancient entries are no longer scanned?
(2023-01-25, 05:26)girkers Wrote: Looking through my log file it shows some errors about media it cannot find and many of them are really old items that have not been in my library for some time.

So the topic title isn't fully accurate IMO. Your current video sources work, but OTHER/OLDER sources (which you no longer use) are still popping up. Are you still selecting 'Keep' when asked what to do with them? Are these sources actually old and no longer used? Or are they still connected to a portion of your network media?

Are these deprecated sources still lingering in the Files section? Or have you simply moved network sources at some point and haven't "told" Kodi about it? Because something changed somewhere at some point.
Ok you prompted me to look at this from a different angle.

I have looked through my sources.xml file and the video sources are listed as:

xml:
<video>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
        <source>
            <name>!TV</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.72.13/Media/Video/TV Shows/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.72.13/Media/Video/4K/TV Shows/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.72.13/Media/Video/Movies/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.72.13/Media/Video/4K/Movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Photography</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.72.13/Media/Video/Photography/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Documentaries</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.72.13/Media/Video/Documentaries/</path>
        </source>
    </video>

When the dialog box appears, the path it shows as the "Unavailable source" is nfs://192.168.72.13/Media/Video so what my concern is that if I tell it to remove, it will remove everything.

With the secondary information in the log file, it shows this (an excerpt only):
2023-01-25 13:12:11.319 T:10408   error <general>: Failed to open(//Video/TV Shows/Hard/Season 02/) opendir call failed with "NFS: Lookup of /Video/TV Shows/Hard/Season 02 failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"
2023-01-25 13:12:11.319 T:10408   error <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://192.168.72.13/Media/Video/TV Shows/Hard/Season 02/

That directory no longer exists, also none of the log entries refer to the Video folder directly, they are all in sub-folders off that.
I took the leap and press Remove.

Found that it didn't remove anything from my library fortunately and no longer appears when I clean my library.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean Library says Source is Unavailable, but all media from source works fine.0