The releases wiki has different behavior for changelog between Matrix and Nexus
@Karellen

why does the changelog for Nexus take you to a github PR page instead a beautiful changelog page like Matrix does?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Releases

is it a change in behavior or a work in progress for Nexus?

(apologies if i wasnt supposed to poke you directly on this Karellen, i get the impression youre the one who knows all about the wiki)
(2023-02-06, 01:01)jepsizofye Wrote: why does the changelog for Nexus take you to a github PR page instead a beautiful changelog page like Matrix does?
The Matrix changelog is incomplete.

It is quite labour intensive to create specific changelog pages. Developers either forget to do it, or have put in enough effort with the actual PR, so it does not get done.
It was agreed that to reduce workload for all volunteers, the changelog pages will now point to the Github diff, that will list all PR's and the changes.

Yes, I do take overall care of the wiki but for me to create the changelog pages is not something I would have time for, nor would I feel comfortable constantly pinging the developers "demanding" an explanation on what their PR means and what users can expect to see because of it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-02-06, 02:20)Karellen Wrote: The Matrix changelog is incomplete.

It is quite labour intensive to create specific changelog pages. Developers either forget to do it, or have put in enough effort with the actual PR, so it does not get done.
It was agreed that to reduce workload for all volunteers, the changelog pages will now point to the Github diff, that will list all PR's and the changes.

perfect, got it! thanks!
(2023-02-06, 02:20)Karellen Wrote: Yes, I do take overall care of the wiki but for me to create the changelog pages is not something I would have time for, nor would I feel comfortable constantly pinging the developers "demanding" an explanation on what their PR means and what users can expect to see because of it.

apologies i never meant in any way to suggest youre responsible for the content or lack of on the wiki
i just meant you would be the best person to be able to tell me why they are the way they are, which you are and did

as always, all the efforts are appreciated here on the forum, the wiki and the overall whole of the kodi project
(2023-02-06, 02:27)jepsizofye Wrote: apologies i never meant in any way to suggest youre responsible for the content or lack of on the wiki
No problems. I did not read it that way.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The releases wiki has different behavior for changelog between Matrix and Nexus0