Solved Which scraper for TV shows
I guess I am getting a bit of OCD, but trying to find a good scraper for the guest actors.  I have tried some of the scrapers without much success.  Keep in mind that I have no idea what I am doing.  
I was watching Tales of Wells Fargo Season 1 Episode 10, and wanted to see the "guest" actors, but there was nothing there.  I tried other scrapers in addition to the default one, but still no "guest" actors.  

I am running Kodi Nexus (20) on two different devices running CoreELEC.  I see that the TVDB website shows the "guest" actors, but the TMDB website does NOT show the "guest" actors. 

I tried using the TVDB v4, but it did not even try to scrape.

Any suggestions??  I also posted on Reddit.
Thanks
(2023-03-10, 13:47)clarkss12 Wrote: I tried using the TVDB v4, but it did not even try to scrape.
I don't know why it wouldn't scrape.
Provide a Debug Log that captures your scrape and I can check what the problem is.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-03-10, 20:22)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-03-10, 13:47)clarkss12 Wrote: I tried using the TVDB v4, but it did not even try to scrape.
I don't know why it wouldn't scrape.
Provide a Debug Log that captures your scrape and I can check what the problem is.
I am running it on CoreELEC so finally did a factory rest wiping everything.

Another problem I keep running into, when I scrape Tales of Wells Fargo using TVDB, it scrapes each season by something totally different. Ex. Season 1 is "Best Mistake". Season 2 is El Kabeer - Great, etc......
I finally gave up and using the default scraper.  Would prefer to use TVDB v4, but can't figure out why it won't scrape Tales of Wells Fargo correctly, tried several times.

Anything I can provide to solve that issue with Tales of Wells Fargo scraping?
thanks
(2023-03-11, 00:18)clarkss12 Wrote: but can't figure out why it won't scrape Tales of Wells Fargo correctly, tried several times.
And I can't figure it out either unless you provide the requested Debug Log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-03-11, 00:21)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-03-11, 00:18)clarkss12 Wrote: but can't figure out why it won't scrape Tales of Wells Fargo correctly, tried several times.
And I can't figure it out either unless you provide the requested Debug Log.

Got the log, but can't find a way to attach the zip file to this forum...
Here is the link to the log..
https://drive.google.com/file/d/149KNfIl...share_link
(2023-03-11, 00:52)clarkss12 Wrote: https://drive.google.com/file/d/149KNfIl...share_link
If you look at line 8258 of your log, you will see Kodi is searching for Season 1. This means you have made a boo-boo setting up your Source or this tv show.
Check your Source Set Content screen and ensure the setting "Selected folder contains a single tv show" is not enabled.
Then check the Set Content screen for the tv show, and ensure that the same setting is enabled.

This is the show that is being scraped... https://thetvdb.com/series/mind-blowing-...-1#general

Also, there are lots of Unix_err 15 unable to open files throughout your log. As well as lots of connection to online services that are failing.

I also note you have episode nfo files, but you have no tvshow.nfo files. Not a problem, just curious as to why that one is missing.
My Signature
(2023-03-11, 01:09)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-03-11, 00:52)clarkss12 Wrote: https://drive.google.com/file/d/149KNfIl...share_link
If you look at line 8258 of your log, you will see Kodi is searching for Season 1. This means you have made a boo-boo setting up your Source or this tv show.
Check your Source Set Content screen and ensure the setting "Selected folder contains a single tv show" is not enabled.
Then check the Set Content screen for the tv show, and ensure that the same setting is enabled.

** my settings are correct.**

This is the show that is being scraped... https://thetvdb.com/series/mind-blowing-...-1#general

***But why?***  I see what it is doing, but don't understand why on just this one series.

Also, there are lots of Unix_err 15 unable to open files throughout your log. As well as lots of connection to online services that are failing..

Hummm.  I completely did a system reset of CoreELEC, and only added some TV shows from my networked storage devices.

I also note you have episode nfo files, but you have no tvshow.nfo files. Not a problem, just curious as to why that one is missing.

[font]Those nfo's are created by Emby.  Don't recall every seeing any tvshow.nfo files, but never looked.[/font]

[font]Thanks for your assistance.  Anything else I should try??  I only noticed the issue because I was binge watching Tales of Wells Fargo, and I always take a look at the guest actors, especially Season 1 episode 10, great actors.  [/font]
(2023-03-11, 01:24)clarkss12 Wrote: ** my settings are correct.**
Hmm, I find that difficult to understand. That setting has to be wrong at one of those two locations. It is the only reason that explains the bad scraping.
You sure you checked the correct screens?
Please PM me your database and I can check what is logged in there.
My Signature
(2023-03-11, 01:09)Karellen Wrote:

Also, there are lots of Unix_err 15 unable to open files throughout your log. As well as lots of connection to online services that are failing.

I know these pics are not very clear.  But the series was scraped correctly, but instead of naming them season 1, 2, etc, it picked a name from an episode from each season.  So, it scraped, but named the scraped data wrong.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...share_link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...share_link
(2023-03-11, 01:33)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-03-11, 01:24)clarkss12 Wrote: ** my settings are correct.**
Hmm, I find that difficult to understand. That setting has to be wrong at one of those two locations. It is the only reason that explains the bad scraping.
You sure you checked the correct screens?
Please PM me your database and I can check what is logged in there.

How do I PM my database?
Same as you did for the log, but if you don't want the link made public, then you can PM it to me.
Or post it in your post and as soon as I see it, I will delete the link from your post.
My Signature
(2023-03-11, 01:47)Karellen Wrote: Same as you did for the log, but if you don't want the link made public, then you can PM it to me.
Or post it in your post and as soon as I see it, I will delete the link from your post.
I just sent a link only you can see.
(2023-03-11, 01:49)clarkss12 Wrote: I just sent a link only you can see.
Got it.
It looks like you Set Content on the actual tv show.
There are also orphaned episodes for the show.
I have cleaned all the orphan entries out and removed the Set Content settings for the tv show.

I have pm'd you the database. Drop that into your userdata folder and keep the other one as a backup.
Now try scraping the show. As far as Kodi is concerned, it has never seen the show before, so you should be able to scrape it back in without issue.
My Signature
(2023-03-11, 02:25)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-03-11, 01:49)clarkss12 Wrote: I just sent a link only you can see.
Got it.
It looks like you Set Content on the actual tv show.
There are also orphaned episodes for the show.
I have cleaned all the orphan entries out and removed the Set Content settings for the tv show.

I have pm'd you the database. Drop that into your userdata folder and keep the other one as a backup.
Now try scraping the show. As far as Kodi is concerned, it has never seen the show before, so you should be able to scrape it back in without issue.

I replaced the existing db with yours, now I am scraping the whole folder, lot of movie series.  Will report when finished.
I thought a different box also running CoreELEC had the same issue, I will check that also.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which scraper for TV shows0