2022 Amazon fire TV cube
Yes, have done the 7.1.4 DTS:X 'Object Emulator', as well as the channel check you posted. These, as well as the ATMOS 'Amaze' and other clips result in sound coming as expected from all 4 height speakers.
(2023-02-14, 16:24)hdmkv Wrote: Yes, have done the 7.1.4 DTS:X 'Object Emulator', as well as the channel check you posted. These, as well as the ATMOS 'Amaze' and other clips result in sound coming as expected from all 4 height speakers.
Thanks for confirmation. Now waiting for next sale on Amazon Smile
It's on sale now in the U.S. for $125. I did a trade-in of an old Chromcast and got 20% off. Total was like $100 + tax.
The Problem is, that officially only the Core is passed through on DTS:X and DTS-HD (confirmed by Amazon - see here https://forums.plex.tv/t/dts-hd-passthro.../825191/59 )
So officially - with the provided Android APIs it doesn't work.

Kodi only can pass it through by using it's own IEC Packer which maybe is not compatible with all AV-Receivers and Soundbars.
So better test it for your Setup right after buying and then hope Amazon doesn't change something to kill the unofficial Way Kodi is using.
(2023-02-14, 19:56)jojodat Wrote: The Problem is, that officially only the Core is passed through on DTS:X and DTS-HD (confirmed by Amazon - see here https://forums.plex.tv/t/dts-hd-passthro.../825191/59 )

Kodi only can pass it through by using it's own IEC Packer which maybe is not compatible with all AV-Receivers and Soundbars.
So better test it for your Setup right after buying and then hope Amazon doesn't change something to kill the unofficial Way Kodi is using.
thanks for the information

and always good advice to fully test something before your return window closes
(2023-02-14, 19:56)jojodat Wrote: The Problem is, that officially only the Core is passed through on DTS:X and DTS-HD (confirmed by Amazon - see here https://forums.plex.tv/t/dts-hd-passthro.../825191/59 )

Thanks for details. So first step is to test it.

I have Samsung Q950A Soundbar and android ales tv that support Earc and both Dolby Truehd with atmos and dtsx pass through only over Hdmi not from internal apps. My setup is working when I test on kodi with pc. If someone has tested on similar setup.
@rohitharkhani 
i have the cube gen3 with a samsung soundbar

it is important to note that the cube hdmi out is connected directly to the soundbar as the soundbar would not receive passthrough audio for me otherwise

my model soundbar doesnt show much information the display shows "hdmi" most of the time, when i play something with atmos it will actually scroll "Dolby Atmos" across the display

i also have it connected to SmartThings and it wont show me anything either

so, how to answer your question is difficult to confirm with 100% certainty what is being received by the soundbar outside of the atmos scenario, i do have passthrough on and i get audio, the cube's output is configured as PCM

one other thing to note its that hdmi cables are not created equally or with the highest of A/V standards in mind so ive found the cables from zeskit to be very good at handling everything - https://www.zeskit.com/maya21
(2023-02-14, 23:07)jepsizofye Wrote: @rohitharkhani 
i have the cube gen3 with a samsung soundbar

it is important to note that the cube hdmi out is connected directly to the soundbar as the soundbar would not receive passthrough audio for me otherwise

my model soundbar doesnt show much information the display shows "hdmi" most of the time, when i play something with atmos it will actually scroll "Dolby Atmos" across the display

i also have it connected to SmartThings and it wont show me anything either

so, how to answer your question is difficult to confirm with 100% certainty what is being received by the soundbar outside of the atmos scenario, i do have passthrough on and i get audio, the cube's output is configured as PCM

one other thing to note its that hdmi cables are not created equally or with the highest of A/V standards in mind so ive found the cables from zeskit to be very good at handling everything - https://www.zeskit.com/maya21
Thanks. 

Yes, that is the problem with the Samsung soundbar. I rely on the channel check video. If the channel check is working fine and the correct speaker is mapped for a Kodi or jellyfin setup is good Smile. Even if it passes PCM and the top-firing speaker is activated I don't mind. Second, you mentioned Dolby Atmos or DTS:X display on top of the soundbar display, When I have done a 7.1.4 channel check from PC for TrueHD and DTS-HD MA it does display Dolby Atmos and DTS:X respectively. So maybe this is the only way I can cross-verify when I play some content.

Thanks again for all the details and explanation.
meanwhile back at the FireTV Cube gen3 device ...

with this PR https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/22950 im able to get excellent dolby vision output on mine even though my tv doesn't report capability

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3145092

im totally stoked

all my remux rips, disney+, hulu and paramount+ (select titles) look amazing so also thanks to matthuisman for his work
just curious why you would use pcm vs best available? sorry if thats a dumb question
(2023-03-13, 00:51)squaleca Wrote: just curious why you would use pcm vs best available? sorry if thats a dumb question
just what i found to work at that time, terms like "best available" dont mean anything to me other than somehow amazon's developers decided on a list of "best" which doesnt mean they are really best

when using jellyfin and best available i had audio issues

now with the v21 kodi nightly im using everything is copacetic using best available, its using passthrough dts:x, dolby atmos and other dts-hd ma streams without issue
(2023-02-13, 16:55)squaleca Wrote: anyone know if it stretches the screen properly in kodi 2nd gen only stretched it verically making skewing the picture making it almost unwatchable
i hate black bars

If you want normal zoom (vertically and horizontally) you have to turn off hw acceleration.
anyone know how to get sony bravia's to display audio source i only get video source   dv or hdr10 or nothing for sdr? when i press the 123 button on the remote and also wit earc  whats the prefered method cube to soundbar or cube to hdmi 4 dv capable input. on tv? then of course earc soundbar to earc on the bravia ive tried both and they both work the same but recently switch the cube to the hdmi 4 on the tv because of the no sound issuies ive been having and having to bascially restart the soundbar and cube and tv to get the audio back. soundbars 990b
wow if thats the case you answered my question 2 years later oh well i have the 3rd gen and i dont have that issuie thanks for the replay
im assuming kodi cant decode mat?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2022 Amazon fire TV cube0