Opening playlists in Partymode
Is there any way to open playlists in party mode from the Gui

I'm sure i have seen an option in the past but can no longer find it, i remember it as highlight the playlist then right click to get an option to open in partymode, but perhaps I'm getting mixed up with something else

I know it can be done using json (see 368209 (thread) for details about that)

If it makes any difference I'm using confluence skin on libreelec 11.0 on a raspberry pi
(2023-03-17, 12:27)tkgafs Wrote: Is there any way to open playlists in party mode from the Gui
https://kodi.wiki/view/Party_Mode
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for you quick response

I understand party mode and smart rules and I use it a lot with assorted rules.

But I dont see anything in that article which explains how to open an existing .m3u playlist in party mode.

for example say my wife has created a playlist of a few thousand songs, she would like to open this in party mode applying the current party mode rules to it, such as dont play a track if has been played in the last 10 days for example or just play the genre acoustic

As I said I seem to remember seeing an option to open a playlist in party mode but I can no longer find it, so I may have been mistaken or have seen it in a different peice of software
(2023-03-17, 22:03)tkgafs Wrote: But I dont see anything in that article which explains how to open an existing .m3u playlist in party mode.
You can't.
All you can do is edit the Party Mode playlist rule to be the same as your m3u playlist.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Party mode works by randomly picking from the library with whatever filters are set, so I don't see any way to do that with an m3u file.

scott s.
I eventually found the option to open smart playlists in party mode if you goto playlists right click on the smart playlist it gives you the option to open it in party mode

this is great when your smart rules make a very large playlist and you are using a fairly low powered device to play the music (in my case a raspberry pi 3b)

In this case I'm opening the 1960s smart playlist see below

If you open an m3u playlist in the same way you do not get the option to open it in party mode

In this case I'm opening the dinner.m3u playlist see below

it would be great if this could be added as an option when opening m3u playlists as again they can be very large and slow to load on low powered systems
(2023-05-15, 16:08)tkgafs Wrote: I eventually found the option to open smart playlists in party mode if you goto playlists right click on the smart playlist it gives you the option to open it in party mode
I use smart playlist party mode all time for a playlist with filter playcount < 1 to get new music videos.
(2023-05-15, 16:08)tkgafs Wrote: it would be great if this could be added as an option when opening m3u playlists as again they can be very large and slow to load on low powered systems
Might be worth posting this in the "Feature Requests" forum so there's a record of it.

scott s.
As a workaround could you not convert the m3u static playlists to smartplaylists, for example

Great idea, but unfortuneatly it doesn't seem to work

it just starts a party mode playlist from the entire library

thanks for the idea though
Damn you're right, didn't check that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Opening playlists in Partymode0