• 14(current)
[RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online
quick question, i had to do a complete re-install of windows, xbmc etc, and was wondering, when i install the share tv addon, will it only show the movies thats been added since my last update to the site, or wil it do the whole lot, and end up with double movies on the site, if you know what i mean!

Thanks
It will do the whole lot with no duplicates, it's smart enough to handle that.
I was going to post a debug file, however there isn't an option in the forum that I can find for posting files.
Am I missing something here?

I have tried using sharethe.tv program on 5 different HTPC's now, and they all do the same thing.
XBMC goes on line and updates my media every time I try, so I know the connection with XBMC and the web are working fine. I have a 20 MB high speed internet connection (The very fastest offered in these parts.)
If you can PM your e-mail address to me, I will send the debug log. I don't know any other way of getting it to you.
I would really like to be able to use your web service.
Thanks for everything.
(Do I need to setup the user name on your web site the same as here on the forum? If so, that would be the culprit.)
On your site, why can we not see all members? Only the top 10 members, and the 5 newest members show up. Another thing, are you considering setting the site up so members can search by genre, year, member, Actor, and or movie name? Those would be great additions to an already fantastic site.

Thanks for everything!

TheDuffMan Wrote:@hdmax: Can you post a debug log (with debugging enabled in the addon as well). I'm not sure if it will provide enough information to debug but I'll give it a shot, otherwise I may have to setup a copy of the addon with more debugging info.

@atomicwedgie: Can you log into the site itself with the user details you signed up with?
Internet speed wouldn't be an issue, matching your username to the forums here isn't related. pastebin.com is where you can paste the log. Which skin are you using this in? Another user mentioned a skin they were using was messing up their inputted text. Have you tried confluence? In any case I'll look at the logs and see.

For the suggestions, I'm hoping users can discover other users by their comments, shared owned movies, etc., rather than one long global list which would be pretty large. Yes, I want to add searching by at least movie title in the near future.
Here is a very small part of the XBMC.log file

22:48:53 T:3380 M:4294967295 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/0/07f9d44c.tbn
22:52:13 T:4148 M:4294967295 NOTICE: ShareThe.TV: Checking for library updates
22:52:13 T:4148 M:4294967295 NOTICE: ShareThe.TV: Movie count: 3806
22:52:13 T:4148 M:4294967295 NOTICE: ShareThe.TV: No change in movie count
22:57:02 T:3580 M:4294967295 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/f/f1c85b11.tbn
22:57:12 T:4148 M:4294967295 NOTICE: ShareThe.TV: Checking for library updates
22:57:12 T:4148 M:4294967295 NOTICE: ShareThe.TV: Movie count: 3806
22:57:12 T:4148 M:4294967295 NOTICE: ShareThe.TV: No change in movie count
23:02:11 T:4148 M:4294967295 NOTICE: ShareThe.TV: Checking for library updates
23:02:11 T:4148 M:4294967295 NOTICE: ShareThe.TV: Movie count: 3806
23:02:11 T:4148 M:4294967295 NOTICE: ShareThe.TV: No change in movie count

I havn't had time to mess with pastebin.
Not sure if this will work!
http://pastebin.com/ZEwPic0r

TheDuffMan Wrote:Internet speed wouldn't be an issue, matching your username to the forums here isn't related. pastebin.com is where you can paste the log. Which skin are you using this in? Another user mentioned a skin they were using was messing up their inputted text. Have you tried confluence? In any case I'll look at the logs and see.

For the suggestions, I'm hoping users can discover other users by their comments, shared owned movies, etc., rather than one long global list which would be pretty large. Yes, I want to add searching by at least movie title in the near future.
I have a suggestion. Actually, its more of a request. Is it possible to include the resolution/source of the media file that the sharethe.tv plugin logs on the website? I mean if it could save whether the media/movie is a dvd or a 720p or a 1080p or even a 1080i file.
@hdmax: I've sent you a PM to help try and debug.

@BillyGoat1978: Absolutely. This has been requested a couple of times so I know there's a lot of interest in it.

As for developments, I've been spending a bit of time researching some technologies. I'm then going to work them into a redesign and include a handful of the most requested features into the site. It's going well so far.
BillyGoat1978 Wrote:I have a suggestion. Actually, its more of a request. Is it possible to include the resolution/source of the media file that the sharethe.tv plugin logs on the website? I mean if it could save whether the media/movie is a dvd or a 720p or a 1080p or even a 1080i file.

+1 for this request
@khaoohs: Thanks, it looks like a lot of people want to see resolution.

Please keep the requests coming in everyone. I'm spec'ing out v2 of the site and this is the best time to get your voice heard and requests included.
I'd love the ability to sort by genre as well.
Line breaks in comments would be a plus.
Another thing would be to have a search according to genre or title.

All in all the site is pretty cool for all the info it hands out. Thanks

Oh ya I forgot, A listing of a users top 10 movies. In the settings for each person they would have the option to list the top 10 for other people to see. On main page to randomly rotate the top 10 movies and the users, so people could see what others think are great movies.
One more request from my side. I would love to have the ability to view a user's movies sorted by the date they were populated to the database. I know this will not be useful for people for who just sign up, but for long time users, this will work and will also show a trend in the timeline of a popularity of a particular film.

Also, some kind of a indicator if a particular movie has actually been watched by the user. Having a movie in one's collection is one thing but having actually watched it is completely another thing. Tongue
ImageImage
Your gonna make me go through and watch all my movies again aren't you. Laugh
I requested it before but thought I would again. I would like to be able to click on a movie and have the ability to add it to a "To Be Bought/Watched" list so when I am browsing other peoples collections I can easily keep track of movies I want to get.
SirBC Wrote:I requested it before but thought I would again. I would like to be able to click on a movie and have the ability to add it to a "To Be Bought/Watched" list so when I am browsing other peoples collections I can easily keep track of movies I want to get.

Basically a Wish List.... Thats a good Idea.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online7