[RELEASE] MyCalendar (Calander Script)
ok ! (previous post edited)

i'm waiting for your screenshot mate Wink
here is the screenshot.

you have to upload the pic somewhere and then give us a link... Wink
isn't the picture attached to the post? i can see it. i will pm you.
you can see it as it focus on your harddrive ! not on an internet file :
this is the link : file:///h:/pictures/2005-02-23/img_7148.jpg
is the support for multiple screen resolutions done? is it available through the scriptrunner?
sorry.. not supports yet...
i'll try to do it this week... Smile

i'm trying to create a website, but i'm too bad, it takes too much time...

a new version is close to come out... all that stuff will be included. i think last version available in scriptrunner is the same as the one you can find in my topics around here... furthermore, script runner was not able to give you a good working version of mycalendar... i don't know if threezee repaired...
hi all !
some news about mycalendar...
soon a new version will be available.
you'll have to replace skins as i change it totally. (i changed the xml format)

fit all screen sizes]
it will now fit any screen size. not sure that the result will be beautifull... maybe you'll have to try (i'm using pal size, so for any other size, result can be lightly different. for the skin, all size are given in pal format, then the script itself change the values to make it proportional to your screen. if you decide to make your own skin, do not forget to make the positions values thinking about pal format  [720*540])

plugin feature :
it will enable you to launch some plugins that any of you can code (getting meteo of the day, getting informations... anything you may code in python and set in the plugin directory.) [ in fact, it will be like a script runner Smile ],
user will select its default plugins he wants to use. plugins will be available from the main screen.

rss titles reader :
a scrolling area showing a rss feed. you can select rss feeds from the settings section.

some fixes :
skinning capabilities were not full. it should be close to be perfect now Wink

more compatibility :
not sure it will be in the next release, but i'm learning and testing some issues to export/import icalendar file formats (ics files). those files are compliant with microsoft outlook, mozilla calendar, sunbird, hotmail calendar, maybe yahoo calendar... a lot of work to do maybe, but sure it is the biggest feature ! i hope this could be done soon Wink

keep in touch Wink
@solexalex,

any progress on this? thnx
Quote:any progress on this? thnx
ohhhhh ! yes !!!
lot of progress i think... be a little more patient...
if you want to know, mycalendar use now the ics files (icalendar ) the same as outlook can use or mozilla or phpicalendar aso...
i have to create some features to choose ics files user want to use and some oser features to dl or ul ics files from/to websites

waiting for those, maybe all of you guys waiting for this new version, can send here what you expect from ics files manipulation.... it can be interesting to know how to create my new features.
(solexalex @ mar. 28 2005,21:13 Wrote:
Quote:any progress on this? thnx
ohhhhh ! yes !!!
lot of progress i think... be a little more patient...
if you want to know, mycalendar use now the ics files (icalendar ) the same as outlook can use or mozilla or phpicalendar aso...
i have to create some features to choose ics files user want to use and some oser features to dl or ul ics files from/to websites

waiting for those, maybe all of you guys waiting for this new version, can send here what you expect from ics files manipulation.... it can be interesting to know how to create my new features.
oh this already sound great! i wait :o
can i just say with regard to ics files, that automaticly downloading a set ics file every time the script is started, and then automaticly uploading it again when the calender app is closed if any changes have been made would be ideal.

maybe a dialogue on exiting to ask to save or disgard changes would be sensible too?

i love interface/behavior design like this, but i'm crappy at coding, its nice to see a developer taking idea's onboard so readily.

:edit:

another thing actualy while i'm on a roll, it'd be great to have a much cut down version of the script which can run all the time in the background of xbmc (start with autoexec.py) and pop up to alert users of upcoming events (bottom right hand corner would be ideal, something subtle, maybe with an optional noise of some kind) this alert could be set up in the main calender application to warn you 24hours, 1 hour or 10 minuites before an event perhaps (or even arbitary amounts of time)

also why not talk to chokemaniac perhaps (the guy who does all the really awesome project mayhem skins) about getting your calender app made a standard feature with a button on the main menu.

okay thats enough thinking for today, i need a rest. Wink
(freddo @ mar. 30 2005,04:53 Wrote:can i just say with regard to ics files, that automaticly downloading a set ics file every time the script is started, and then automaticly uploading it again when the calender app is closed if any changes have been made would be ideal.

maybe a dialogue on exiting to ask to save or disgard changes would be sensible too?

i love interface/behavior design like this, but i'm crappy at coding, its nice to see a developer taking idea's onboard so readily.

:edit:

another thing actualy while i'm on a roll, it'd be great to have a much cut down version of the script which can run all the time in the background of xbmc (start with autoexec.py) and pop up to alert users of upcoming events (bottom right hand corner would be ideal, something subtle, maybe with an optional noise of some kind) this alert could be set up in the main calender application to warn you 24hours, 1 hour or 10 minuites before an event perhaps (or even arbitary amounts of time)

also why not talk to chokemaniac perhaps (the guy who does all the really awesome project mayhem skins) about getting your calender app made a standard feature with a button on the main menu.

okay thats enough thinking for today, i need a rest. Wink
i must says i like your ideas.
Quote:automaticly downloading a set ics file every time the script is started, and then automaticly uploading it again when the calender app is closed if any changes have been made
right now, what is done is that the ics file you use will be saved in your settings. every events added, modified or deleted will be done in real time in the calendar file. if you want to change the calendar in use, you'll go in settings section and select one of the .ics files available in events directory. then this file will be set as actual calendar for next changes.
your idea has to be thinked.... i will keep it in my mind. we need some practice to know how exactly do the job.

Quote: version of the script which can run all the time in the background of xbmc (start with autoexec.py) and pop up to alert users of upcoming events
i already thinked of this. it is in my todo list from the beginning of my project Wink
thanks anyway to reach my ideas :d
if you want to know more, i will use the reminder value you can see in the event setting place. right now i did not implemented it. i will do it a bit later... need a public release before Wink

Quote:talk to chokemaniac perhaps (the guy who does all the really awesome project mayhem skins) about getting your calender app made a standard feature with a button on the main menu.
i willl soooo live it ! lol
i made all my possible to make it easyli fit any skins. in my opinion (and i do my best to make it most honnest as possible) a calendar will be more usefull inside xbmc than the weather Smile
new version !!!!
mycalendar v1.4 is out

you can get it from my website (french) in download section. or maybe you wish to wait for http://www.xbmcscripts.com online back ! (site does not work for 2 days)
here is url to french version of my website :
http://xbmc-scripts.gueux.be
here is the same, translated with google :
http://translate.google.com/transla....e_tools

you'll have to make a backup of your default.evt file inside your evts dir. this will help you to translate old format (.evt : home made format) to the new one (ics : icalendar files)
when the new version is intalled, you can run 'mycalendar setup' that will install icalendar library in the correct place.
then you can restore your default.evt file in the new 'evts' diectory. then go back on the root of mycalendar install and run 'icalize it!.py' to translate your old events.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MyCalendar (Calander Script)0