Choppy video/audio when choosing Audio Output Digital or HDMI
Question 
Hello,

My first post here since I wasn't able to solve this awkward problem by myself. I read loads of how-to's and different support pages plus fora, but no one seems to have a similar problem, or was able to solve it without creating a topic for it Laugh

Anyway, I have this problem with XBMC since I own a Receiver.
First off, a small line-up of my setup:
  • MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo / 4GB Ram DDR3 with OS X 10.6.7
  • Connected with Kanex Mini Displayport/ USB to HDMI connector to:
  • Onkyo TX-SR578 (Supports DTS etc.)
  • Using XBMC ver. 10.1 for OS X.

When I watch a movie (.mkv files with DTS audio stream) I can choose to output the sound through the USB device to the HDMI connector which goes into the receiver. When I use Audio Output: Analog, everything works fine. At least, for stereo sound that is.
When I change my Audio Output to Digital or HDMI my movie immediately starts to stutter and the audio sounds like there is a shitload of interference on the line. Of course I tried to rule out a lot of possibilities to make sure my setup is correct and my software isn't messing things up...

I tried Plex with the exact same movie, setup the settings on the exact same way:
Audio Output: HDMI
Audio Output Device: USB Output
Speaker Configuration: 5.1
Receiver AC3 Compatible: Yes
Receiver DTS Compatible: Yes
(I Used the exact same options in XBMC with no luck)

On Plex, Transformers works flawless. Audio sounds way better and above all my receiver automatically switches to DTS, so the setup seems to be correct.

Is there anyone that knows how to fix this problem? Is there anything I'm missing in the audio setup of XBMC that I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance for reading this and trying to help! Nod

Grtz,
Nozz
Anyone? Huh
Bump!

Is there no one that has a clue about this issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy video/audio when choosing Audio Output Digital or HDMI0