[Windows] No audio from MSI E-350 HDMI Out
It's not obtained from the internet, I have the disc in hand + key.

Date and time are normal.
Why did you install the realtek drivers? Sorry but don't be mad that you did something wrong or have a defective part. I have built over 20 HTPC's, all with ATI/AMD graphics and never had an issue.
With my latest Zacate build I just installed windows, downloaded drivers (didn't even touch the disc) from AMD's website and went without a hitch.
Could it be a setting in BIOS?

It would be great if someone with the same board could shed some light, did I miss something?

Hick: I did EXACTLY what you said you did, with the same result. The only reason the Realtek drivers were installed was because a few people had suggested it.
Galacticus, what is on the other end of the hdmi cable.....is it connected to a TV, a monitor, or an AV? If it's not too much trouble can you post another screen shot of your audio devices again, I want to see what they look like now after some changes you did.
Galacticus Wrote:Could it be a setting in BIOS?

It would be great if someone with the same board could shed some light, did I miss something?

Hick: I did EXACTLY what you said you did, with the same result. The only reason the Realtek drivers were installed was because a few people had suggested it.

Like I said I have the exact same board. Installed windows, let it update, it handled the drivers just fine for me
It's connected to my Onkyo 605 receiver (I think that's the model #).

I can take some screenshots of the setup and my audio devices later today.

Thanks!
I have the AsRock 350M1 model and what i did was

Install Windows 7
Let Windows update do upgrades and install the latest drivers for everything except the Ati card and the sound drivers for the analog soundcard
Install the latest CCC from the Ati website with the Ati HDMI audio driver
I did not install the Realtek drivers for the analog connections.

That may be the problem, something conflicting between the built-in soundcard and the Ati HDMI device. It`s not first time i`ve had issues with Realtek chipsets, LAN or built-in audio.
My latest bout I wiped all of the ATI/Realtek drivers after uninstalling and using Driver Sweeper. I then installed both CCC and the ATI HDMI patch, still no luck.

I'm starting to wonder if my machine is just so bogged down from driver installs/uninstalls that I need a fresh format.
Not much help I know, but I'm pretty certain its the Realtek drivers that muck it all up too, BUT they work fine with the spdif out.

I'm running WHS on an Asus Zacate board, and spent a day trying to get Digital through the HDMI to an Onkyo TX-SR608. I could get 2 channel Analog fine, but no more. In XBMC that meant Music fine, Movies a no-go.

Gave up, ran an optical cable to the amp and bingo! all working. The Realtek demo works fine through spdif, could not get it to work with hdmi at all.
I've actually got a toslink cable on the way, I didn't want to tear apart my entire tie-wrapped system to steal an existing toslink cable from my Xbox 360.

I think that's pretty sensible advice/thought. If the SPDIF works a-ok I'm giving up on HDMI audio.

This also makes me wonder...that's 2 people with issues specifically with HDMI out and an onkyo receiver. Is there anyone with an E-350 and an Onkyo receiver that has HDMI audio specifically working? Another thing I've considered is that there may be a run of mobos with a faulty HDMI-audio ic ? I have not examined the PCB, not sure how it's laid out, or if HDMI audio has an exclusive chip.

Thanks!

I'd also like to apologize if I seemed overly angry earlier on in the thread. I literally obsessed about getting this HTPC and was rather bummed by the nth roadblock.
Galacticus Wrote:I literally obsessed about getting this HTPC and was rather bummed by the nth roadblock.

LOL! I nearly returned my new Onkyo and was almost prepared to incur a hefty return fee. It gets quite frustrating when things are not quite right!

Still, optical works great, I may revisit HDMI at a (much) later date Rolleyes
Johnkg Wrote:LOL! I nearly returned my new Onkyo and was almost prepared to incur a hefty return fee. It gets quite frustrating when things are not quite right!

Still, optical works great, I may revisit HDMI at a (much) later date Rolleyes

May not be directly related, but I had a problem with my ATI HD 5850 card and onkyo receiver. I discovered that unless the resolution is minimum 720p, my card will not send audio through HDMI port. I faced this problem because my projector is 480p and I tried to set the resolution to 640x480. While the display worked, it did not send out any audio. I tried it at 720p and 1080p and audio works! Its either the ATI card or Onkyo which is screwing this up so check your resolution once again.
Interesting, I have a Pioneer Kuro and CCC defaulted to 1368x768 (whateveer that actually is)

Could it be that it's using a regular display resolution and not the 720P setting?!? Everything looks off if I don't use that default display setting.
Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for all your help. We didn't solve the underlying issue but my system is working PERFECTLY with optical audio out.

Now it's time to figure out how to use XBMC Smile
hi guys, im back to see if the hdmi situation is any better.

i have the Audio Engine exe that allows dts master and ddthd....but now im stuck because those dont pass on optical Sad.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] No audio from MSI E-350 HDMI Out0