Questions regarding the scraper function
Hi all,

a few questions regarding the internal scraping function. I did not find a answer yet so perhaps someone has information for me

1) I use a German Scraper: Videobuster. This works pretty good and has a rate of more that 90% in my system. I'm very happy with it. Another scrapper the OFDB does not work as good as the Videobuster here but together with the Videobuster the rate was almost 100%. So my question would be if there's a function or script that uses one preferred scrapper and for all other films that has not been found use another second scraper. Of course it would not be easy to compare the results and find the best one - that's not the question. It would really improve if a second backup scraper checks the films that HAS NOT been found.

2) Another question would be (if there's no solution described in my first point) if it would be possible to add the films that has not been found by a scraper to the database. Of course only with no cover and the Title that comes from the filename. The advantage then would be that you see the films that has not been found yet and could directly go for it. Otherwise you have to switch to the NON Database mode and the look for the film and then try out to find information form other scrapers. For me this would improve the situation a lot :-) (As my wife would not permatly ask where the films are :-) )

Regards,

Alex
what's a scrapper?
Quote:what's a scrapper?
Smile

Quote:if it would be possible to add the films that has not been found by a scrapper to the database.
I am considering this, it looks like it is not possible in a scraper for the moment although I am not 100% sure.
(Well, it is possible if we create a server with an API that gives that result but assuming we dont want to host a server....)

When I have confirmed this and if I have some time I will adapt the the "missing movie" add-on to also add the missing files in the database (I dont know xbmc programming but I do know databases....)
Hi,

sorry for the scrapper Laugh I changed it.

Sound pretty good. Thank you very much for the answer with the missing entries. Fantastic I really like this forum Wink

Best Regards,

Alex
There's a patch on trac that goes some way towards this. If someone wants to take it on then we'd be much appreciated.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi,

wow thank you very much. This sounds great. I'm not a good developper (just can do some basic scripting) but if you want please send me the informatiopn whre I can find this patch and I will have a look.

Regards,

Alex
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10819

By taking on I assume you mean finish up the coding? This is probably a good place to start with development but personally I fear I wont get any paid work done if I start....

Would also be nice if "unknown" are re-scraped until no-long unknown. Not sure if that is included in the patch.
Quote:I fear I wont get any paid work done if I start....

Welcome to the club then Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions regarding the scraper function0