No AudioCD Possible
Hi,

I searched for a similar Problem but did not find anything in the forum yet. PErhaps someone has an idea what todo. In General my PC plays Audio CDs without any Problems. The only Software that stops working when trying to Play a CD is XBMC.

Attached please find the 2 screenshopts I made

1) There's a 5 minute try to load the CD

2) THen XBMC stops working

Is it possible to use another Player or something like this?

Thanks and Regards,

Ale3x
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93254
Hi,

thanks a lot for the link. ALl my drives are connected via SATA in AHCI Mode. So the solution that is described did not work for me. The media Player, MediaCenter plays the CDs but XBMC does not.

I remember a driver called ASPI (Think it was from Adaptec) years ago. Could it be possible that this helps?

Regards,

A
Hi Agian,

i tested trhe whole day with the following results

Hardware

1) AMD Based system (880G) with ASUS Blu-Ray ROM or Plextor Blu-Ray Writer 950
2) Intel Based System (P67) with Asus Blu-Ray Rom or Plextor Blu-Ray Writer 950

Both System with fresh W7 32Bit installation - only driverx and XBMC (firt the officiel Release 10.1 then a nighlty Bulid 15.5). Both Systems use AHCI Bios mode and had the latest chipset and also Storage driver installed. HDD is port one Drive ist Sata port 2.

I tested 4 AudioCDs which worked all witrhout any problem in Windows Media Player.

In the Intel Case I did not get any chance to play the Audio CDs. When entering then XBMC stopps working and the only way is to kill the process. In the AMD Case it worked with 3 of the 4 CDs. With the last it also topped working.

There must be a problem with the drive access in XBMC.

Is there any chance to help that this can be fixed?

Thanks a lot and Regards,

Alex
Hi,

last 2 tests today :_)

Nvidia chipset also works. Intel P55 don't work (not in AHCI Mode not in IDE Mode)

So in overall

Not working: INTEL P55 (in IDE or AHCI), Intel P67 (in IDE or AHCI)
Partly Working: AMD 880G (tested in AHCI Mode)
Working: Nvidia ION: (tested in AHCI Mode)

All test with Plextor and Asus Blu-Ray drive

Regards

Alex
Hi again,

one question to it: Would it be possible to hide the Drives in XBMC. Not the USB and external drives but the optical ones. As loing as this does not work for the Intel System (which is unfortunatelly my main system) I would prefer not to show the entry.

Thank you very much and Regards

A
Hi,

after about testing 20 different drives (Plextor, Asus, Samsung) and 3 different chipsets (Intel, AMD, Nvidia) I give up. There is no reliable playback possible in XBMC neither in stable release 10.1 nor in nighly builds.

Is there any interest in fixing this issue? I'll just ask because for me it is an important feature for a Media Center and without this I have to look for an alternative (which would be very difficult to find because XBMC in my opinion does a very good job)

Thank you very much for help

Regards,

Alex
alex.ba Wrote:Both System with fresh W7 32Bit installation - only driverx and XBMC (firt the officiel Release 10.1 then a nighlty Bulid 15.5).

What are you doing with driverx and have you tried XBMC without it being installed?
Hi,

thank you very much for answer. Sorry was my fault I meant drivers (e.g. Grafic, Network, chipset)

I just opened a ticket, perhaps someone helps here

Again thank you for help I appreciate.

Regards,

Alex
You should attach at least a debug log into the bug report to provide information of what is actually happening.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No AudioCD Possible0