XBMC and MX440 NVidia wont load GUI
Hi everyone. I am new to XBMC. I installed it on an old PC and it worked so good I got an old PC to used with the bedroom TV. The first one went seemless and everything works great. The second PC I had to buy a video card so I got one off Ebay MX440. Ever since I upgraded I cant seem to load XBMC other than the login. I can log in and do stuff but XBMC will not start. Tells me It cant conect to the xserver. I dont know what this could be. I went to the Nvidia site and downloaded the Linux driver for the card but It did not make it much better. Please let me know if anyone can help me. I am a newbie to Linux but learn fast. Thanks for any help.
Hi yojason

if you check http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Supported_hardware, you'll see that the MX440 is not compatible with XBMC.

MX440 is or was part of the Geforce 4 series. Minimum Nvidia card is a Geforce 6150. You'll need to change the graphic's card to be able to get XBMC working.Nod
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
I read that but I also read that it is one of the only cards out of that series that will run with xbmc. I also read that some people have been able to use it with a special driver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and MX440 NVidia wont load GUI0