shutdown timer notification
Hello,
I and my familly use kodi every day.
We use the shutdown timer every night to schedule powerOff when we go to sleep with the TV on. Also the power supply of my TVs are drived by USB port of my rPI that run libreElec so kodi is the only interface that manage kodi itself on a rPI and the associated screen.

Can you add an alert (notification or centered message on screen if possible) almost 1 minute before the end of the shutdown timer please ?
With this, if we see this alert and we want to add time to the schedule, we can cancel the timer and set a new one.
Actually, we don't now when the timer end. This cause the shutdown of kodi. If we want more time, we need to power on again kodi, navigate to the tv chanel or film. It's not easy when we are in pre-sleeping phase Smile

I'm personnaly a develloper and I think it can be easy to add this feature. I don't have time to read all the kodi docs but if you give me minimals keys to dev this feature, I can help !

Best Regards,
Hi,

I requested the very same addition some time ago without takers.
Instead, I resorted to the (customized/extended) addon 'autostop' which works great, including extending the timer. It's in the kodi repo under services.
Another option could be 'sleepy watchdog' which has similar functionality. I believe it's available in the kodinerds repo.
Hope it helps.
Hi,

Thanks for solutions but there are not integrated to the power menu of Kodi so it is not easy to use. I will search if I can edit the power menu to add a custom option.

It's not a big feature but it must be considerate in future devellopment.
All device and also very low cost device like tv, dvd player... has this feature (a shutdown timer with end alert).
Why kodi haven't this simple feature ?
sidenote: libreelec runs their own fork and forum

https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv

https://forum.libreelec.tv/board/18-feature-requests

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
shutdown timer notification0