• 21(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
Forgot to add: thank you so much for the tempo feature! Once the kinks are ironed out I won't have to resort to VLC for watching lecture videos and lengthy dramas.
Took the time to register just to reply to this thread. The instructions a few pages back worked perfect. Slide the sync to audio setting, copy the keymap.xml file. Oh and you must use the new v17 of Kodi. Thanks so much guys.
also registered just for this. is there any simpler way to get this working on an Amazon Fire TV and be able to speed up all movies, for example, from Exodus?
I have no clue how to copy keymaps and stuff and make that work on the Amazon Fire TV for faster video playback speed.

Help is much appreciated thanks
I even tried editing the keymap.xml file and pushing it through adbfire as such:
https://goo.gl/Duasp3

with this in the .xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
        <backspace>PlayerControl(tempodown)</backspace>
        <space>PlayerControl(tempoup)</space>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

also this:

`<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
        <rewind>PlayerControl(tempodown)</rewind>
        <fastforward>PlayerControl(tempoup)</fastforward>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

but neither seems to be changing anything during playback.. note: I always force quit and restart kodi after changing it.. and I am on beta 7..

any advice on how to get this to work on amazon fire tv? I think the bottom two buttons for rewind/fast forward would be good if one could set playback speed through those from 1.0 up to 2.0

or just having it graphically somewhere in settings would be fine.. I am actually surprised there is no such setting as this is a standard and popular feature on youtube as wwell as VLC
great job on this feature everyone, especially fernetmenta.

i too would love the feature to support up to x2 speed playback.

cant wait for final release of v17!
Add me to the chorus of longtime XBMC/Kodi users overjoyed to have this feature!

Tried it on a linux nightly, trivially created a keymap.xml for it and it works great.

As many other have said, I would love it if this feature could go up to 2x or beyond. Are there technical reasons for the current limitation, or is it just that 2x+ is hard for many people to comprehend?

Edit : I note that tempoup/down have been added to the default keymap.xml, though @NedScott changed the modifier key to be "alt" instead of "ctrl" in this commit :
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/2649...886dc57558 .. so in theory no custom keymap.xml should be necessary when using a nightly. Just hit alt-rght or alt-left to tempo up/down!
I need a way to either disable this feature, or a way to keep my "T" key from causing the video to begin silently going 4x.
Thumbs Up 
Made account here just to say thanks so much to those who created and incorporated this feature, was one of the few things I felt was missing from this great piece of software and very much thankful for it. Cheers all concerned, and also thank you to raven6679 for the simple guide I used for getting it up and going with no hitches.

Never mind about the below question, turns out it was just the remote app itself which wasn't sending direct/immediate inputs for keypresses.

One thing I'd like to be able to do but with my very limited understanding of editing the keymaps keyboard.xml file could someone tell me why this isn't working as I would expect it to?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<g mod="shift">PlayerControl(tempodown)</g>
<g>PlayerControl(tempoup)</g>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

I just want to bind the key "g" and "Shift + g" as the slow/fast key but doesn't seem to be doing anything?
This is working for me if I'm using the videos or TV shows area, but it doesn't work if I'm using the PVR (TV) area. It's as if the video player for that section is controlled differently. Is there a way to get it working for PVR TV?

For example, if I play recorded TV I can only do 2x. If I play the same file in the videos or TV shows section I can do 1.1x - 1.5x
Has anyone come up with a one button solution to turning on the sync playback to display when it's actually needed? Doing so turns off my surround, so I really only want that setting to turn on when I want to speed up the playback and navigating the menus back and forth anytime I want to do it is a pain in the rear.

thanks
(2017-01-22, 07:33)bluenote Wrote: Has anyone come up with a one button solution to turning on the sync playback to display when it's actually needed? Doing so turns off my surround, so I really only want that setting to turn on when I want to speed up the playback and navigating the menus back and forth anytime I want to do it is a pain in the rear.

thanks

surround sound is not a synonym for passthrough audio. in most cases multichannel PCM is preferable over passthrough. in other words: if you don't deal with codecs like Dolby Atmos, just forget about passthrough and let Kodi do the decoding.
Fantastic feature - been waiting ages for this! It works fine but the on screen time display (showing the duration and speed: 1.1, 1.2 etc) doesn't seem to disappear. Is this a problem anyone else has had?
(2017-01-22, 07:33)bluenote Wrote: Has anyone come up with a one button solution to turning on the sync playback to display when it's actually needed? Doing so turns off my surround, so I really only want that setting to turn on when I want to speed up the playback and navigating the menus back and forth anytime I want to do it is a pain in the rear.

thanks

I think if you install the add-on skin.helper.service you can write/map to key a "runscript" command to toggle any system setting boolean.

scott s.
I installed 17-rc3 on my linux box. So I like to join all people being happy and thankful about these new features.
Any change to make the steps the speed is changed adjustable (meaning e.g., changing 0.1 to 0.04 or 0.2 ...) - or entering the desired speed directly (e.g. 0.96 or 1.04 ) ?
Now that Krypton has landed, I've turned on this feature (via the excellent instructions provided by raven6679 in #280) and I love it! Thanks to everyone who worked on it!
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11