• 23(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
(2017-07-11, 19:20)FernetMenta Wrote: I did some rework https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12470

noteworthy:

- videoplayer keeps tempo after pause / resume
- min/max tempo speed can be set by platforms and at runtime (this is first step to expand range)

testing Win32 x64 build 0713. After PR#12470, when Kodi is first started if you play music, when paplayer starts GUI boolean Player.Paused reports TRUE and Player.Playing reports FALSE. If you toggle play/pause action, then Player.Paused and Player.Playing report correctly. If instead when Kodi is first started if you play video, when videoplayer starts the two booleans are correct.

It works correctly in Win32 X86 build 0711.

If I am fingering the wrong PR, apologies in advance.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Thanks for bringing this up. This should fix it: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12505
(2017-07-11, 19:20)FernetMenta Wrote: I did some rework https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12470

noteworthy:

- videoplayer keeps tempo after pause / resume
- min/max tempo speed can be set by platforms and at runtime (this is first step to expand range)

Hi mate,

sorry, just to clarify, how do we set the max tempo speed to increase from 1.5?

Thanks
Hi. I've installed latest 17.3 release, but suddenly, my keymaps for 1.1-1.5 player speed are not working anymore.
What are the current commands?

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 3 przy użyciu Tapatalka
(2017-08-04, 21:36)raven66 Wrote: Hi. I've installed latest 17.3 release, but suddenly, my keymaps for 1.1-1.5 player speed are not working anymore.
What are the current commands?

Found out the setting "player settings -> videos -> sync playback to display" has to be enabled for this to work.
(2017-07-29, 08:28)tixx Wrote:
(2017-07-11, 19:20)FernetMenta Wrote: - min/max tempo speed can be set by platforms and at runtime (this is first step to expand range)

Looks like the code has been cleaned up to allow configuring maximum tempo later on, but for now the limits are still hardcoded:

PHP Code:
+bool CProcessInfo::IsTempoAllowed(float tempo)
+{
+  if (
tempo 0.75 && tempo 1.55)
+    return 
true;
+
+  return 
false
(2017-06-04, 11:38)18000rpm Wrote: Strange, this feature suddenly stopped working for me a few days ago. Anyone else has this problem? My keymap appears to have been loaded fine:

Same here. It worked for a few weeks after the original release, but then stopped. I don't think it was around the time of any specific update or anything, but it's not been working for a few months now.
(2017-08-31, 05:41)curtisgibby Wrote: Same here. It worked for a few weeks after the original release, but then stopped. I don't think it was around the time of any specific update or anything, but it's not been working for a few months now.

Quote:Found out the setting "player settings -> videos -> sync playback to display" has to be enabled for this to work.
Quote:Found out the setting "player settings -> videos -> sync playback to display" has to be enabled for this to work.

This turned out to be the key. Weird that it got turned off somehow -- obviously at some point I had it turned on when the tempo change was working correctly.
Is there a way yet to set a default playback speed? i set all this up for my brother who watches everything at 1.2x and he asked if i can set it for him to always start at that speed. I also am not terribly good at playing with all the xml's so if there is a way, simple language please.
Also thankyou very very much for adding this feature, I was using kodi as a front end to run a VLC backend and VLC really is not a perfect player..
Just thinking out loud, might try using "<onload>" in VideoFullScreen.xml (goes right after the "<window>: tag). Something like
Code:
<onload condition = "!String.IsEqual(Player.Playspeed,1.20)">PlayerControl(TempoUp)</onload>
<onload condition = "!String.IsEqual(Player.Playspeed,1.20)">PlayerControl(TempoUp)</onload>

which says when the full screen video window opens, it checks twice to see the playing speed and boosts it up (no way to directly set the speed to 1.2). Of course, this assumes that when the video window opens the video is running a 1.0 and so bumps up the tempo twice. If you then manually change the tempo and tab out/in from full screen it would get messed up. I suppose you could instead use a large "OR" condition for all possible tempos and set accordingly.

I did a quick and dirty test, and it does seem to work but if you pause and then play tempo is back to 1.0.

It might be better in Kodi 18 where some changes have been made.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2017-08-11, 11:25)18000rpm Wrote:
(2017-07-29, 08:28)tixx Wrote:
(2017-07-11, 19:20)FernetMenta Wrote: - min/max tempo speed can be set by platforms and at runtime (this is first step to expand range)

Looks like the code has been cleaned up to allow configuring maximum tempo later on, but for now the limits are still hardcoded:
PHP Code:
+bool CProcessInfo::IsTempoAllowed(float tempo)
+{
+ if (
tempo 0.75 && tempo 1.55)
+ return 
true;
+
+ return 
false
 Hi all,

just checking to see if we are able to increase the speed from 1.5x to a user defined limit? if not, if this will be possible in v18 of Kodi possibly?

Thanks
Does some sort of walk through exist for implementing an acceleration feature on KODI/FireTV stick? 

If I want to watch something on my computer, it is a moot point; I'll use VLC and ], but I want to watch some things on my TV through my FireTV stick.  I am pulling from Universal Media Server in Windows and MiniDLNA in Ubuntu, but I wishing to find some way to have video acceleration on KODI...and this thread is 23 pages dating back more than a decade.  Obviously if I don't have the patience to sit though videos at normal speed...

In any event, I am really surprised by how many people are just flat out against the idea of this as a feature.  There are many video and audio programs that include acceleration and if it isn't there, I don't use it.  E.g. YouTube, TED, Audible, Smart Audiobook Player, Beyond Pod, VLC, and Coursera.  I find it really irritating that the Canvas platform does not have acceleration.
I created an advanced setting "maxtempo" in section "video". That allows users to increase speed to 2x.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13325
@iconoclasthero You missed the first message that cuts quite a few pages off this thread. The feature has been implemented in Kodi, with functional instructions in the few pages follow. Skin implimentation is at the prerogative of the skinner.

--- Moderator Edit ---
As this is quite a long thread, jump directly to the post that notifies the feature has been implemented. Read on from that point for instructions
Post #249 by FernetMenta
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11