• 6(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
(2013-03-30, 21:36)uNiversal Wrote: The only thing meant to be watched at 1x5 speed is pr0n anyone who watches things at 1x5 speed besides pr0n and likes it should think about doing everything and sounding like a munchkin alll the time too.

15k views because some ppl like to read stupid things too.

uNi

Totally agree, your comments made me laugh out louder than ever, the guy who commented about his girl who complains when she here's 1x's tv shows when she is used to 1.5x I cant get my head around...... Although I would recommend The Wizard Of Oz, they might like that. All those munchkins, imagine them at 1.5x "Follow the yellow brick road" No offense intended to all. :D
Haha.. This totally shows your complete lack of knowledge and ignorance on the subject matter.. LOL. There are no chipmunks or munchkins in mythtv! Smile Mythtv time compression is cleverly built around adjusting the audio proportionally to the speed up. Most people can't even tell a 30% speed increase until you go back to 1X. Even at 1.5 the voices are toned properly and smoothly. You two should load it up sometime (no, don't use your pr0n), and then you'll probably be clicking even more on this thread (along with the other 15,000+ people that are "just looking at stupid stuff"). Yes, BTW, 15,000 is in the top 10 pages of all time "stupid" threads in the history of XBMC. Smile It would also give you some experience in the subject matter. I say this all in good fun, but seriously...you should load it up sometime before becoming an expert on it.

For everyone else here is a link:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:W...h_Playback

Cheers.
(2013-03-31, 19:40)madhusker Wrote: Haha.. This totally shows your complete lack of knowledge and ignorance on the subject matter.. LOL. There are no chipmunks or munchkins in mythtv! :) Mythtv time compression is cleverly built around adjusting the audio proportionally to the speed up. Most people can't even tell a 30% speed increase until you go back to 1X. Even at 1.5 the voices are toned properly and smoothly. You two should load it up sometime (no, don't use your pr0n), and then you'll probably be clicking even more on this thread (along with the other 15,000+ people that are "just looking at stupid stuff"). Yes, BTW, 15,000 is in the top 10 pages of all time "stupid" threads in the history of XBMC. :) It would also give you some experience in the subject matter. I say this all in good fun, but seriously...you should load it up sometime before becoming an expert on it.

For everyone else here is a link:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:W...h_Playback

Cheers.

Cool
Stll a pr0n only feature. for pr0n its perfectly acceptable 10x playback too.

uNi
Since the devs are not interested in providing this feature I've added VLC as an external player as a workaround. If I'm watching a show that I want to use higher speed playback, I choose "Play using VLC".

Not ideal, but better than nothing (or opening VLC and manually look for the file).
Hi,

I'm sorry if i dig this thread, but it's exactly what I want.
I want to really get rid of my WMC in windows 8. I like XBMC as a media center but there are a few things to be WAF compatible. And this is one of the things.
In WMC, when you speed up a live TV stream that was time shifted, you can have sound with the first speed up level. This is very convenient way to catch up with the live when you want to hear and see the TV show.
I read all the messages in this thread and all I see is a workaround not remote compatible nor "live TV" or a "I don't want to do it" (not to mention p0rn). As a software developer, I'm ready to do it if someone can give me some hints of where I have to make changes. I want to have a XBMC WAF compatible with some functions from WMC (speed up sound in time shifted TV, remote mapping, 2 lines guide epg on live tv...) and I can give some of my time.
If someone knows where or how, I can do it.

Thanks

Marc
I did a quick skim through this thread and it didn't look like anyone gave a good reason for having this features. So I'm going to give it a shot.

Since XBMC is now moving into the PVR/DVR market this is feature is very important if it wants to compete. Almost everyone on this thread is thinking w/ a "movie" or normal "TV" mindset, which 1.5x speed doesn't make sense. But here are some reasons it IS needed:
  • Sports - timeouts, injuries, boring first half of a game, etc...
  • News - sportscenter, local news, weather, etc...
  • Non-citcom shows - American Idol, documentaries, 60 minutes, cops, mythbusters, etc...
  • Special events - Olympics, world tournaments (table tennis, soccer, chess [ha]), etc...

The above is probably 50% of all television, so why didn't anyone bring it up?

If you've used WMC or Mythtv, you've probably used the 1.1 to 1.5x playback. For any of the above items, its AWESOME. I have several friends that simply won't use XBMC because of this features. This is a widely used feature in WMC (more so than mythtv) and if XBMC wants to take market share away from something crappy like wmc, it needs this feature.

With PVR in core xbmc... we need 1.5x playback.
You don't get us by our guts just by saying "If it wants to compete" or "If XBMC wants to take market share away from something crappy like wmc". We are open source dude. You can't get us that way. You will have to live with our personal opinions on that. (what do i care if you find xbmc crappy?)

Sad but true - but sure - keep it going. At one point someone able to code it right will come along and take that burden...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Like I said, I like xbmc for what it has. But I think that best practices are always interesting. Wmc is a good pvr but a bad multimedia center with metadata and stuff. Xbmc is almost good in the whole subject but miss some functionnalities. I have no doubt they will come.
I have some skills in software devlopment (actualy it´s my job) and I want to help but I need guidance.
I'm just a young padawan who needs a master Wink
Wink 
(2013-08-19, 16:15)Memphiz Wrote: You don't get us by our guts just by saying "If it wants to compete" or "If XBMC wants to take market share away from something crappy like wmc". We are open source dude. You can't get us that way. You will have to live with our personal opinions on that. (what do i care if you find xbmc crappy?)

Sad but true - but sure - keep it going. At one point someone able to code it right will come along and take that burden...

Please don't take what I said in the wrong way. I LOVE xbmc... I don't think it is crappy at all. I use mythtv (now virtualized in xenserver) for my TV stuff and xbmc for basically everything else. You guys are great developers.

Also, I understand that you are open source, but just b/c your open source doesn't mean you can't dominate the market and take market share away from big companies.. Linux has dominated the server market for years. I just meant that it looks like XBMC is going in the PVR direction by adding support for a lot of backend PVR systems. XBMC has become the "best of the best" for movies, so I figured the developers would also want it to be the "best of the best" for TV. So I was trying add a point that >50% of TV is NOT movies and citcoms, but news,sports, etc...

I wasn't trying to be negative, sorry if it was taken that way (I'm told my writing can look like that sometimes). I was just trying to provide an argument for this subject in hopes it will get added to an issue queue rather than being dismissed.

Keep up the good work! Big Grin
(2013-08-19, 16:15)Memphiz Wrote: You don't get us by our guts just by saying "If it wants to compete" or "If XBMC wants to take market share away from something crappy like wmc". We are open source dude. You can't get us that way.
Agreed. So how about a bounty on http://www.fossfactory.org/ ? If I put my money where my mouth is, will there be any takers? Smile
Consider me yet another nobody who'd like this feature, for all of the reasons enumerated above.
(2013-08-20, 01:29)tylernt Wrote:
(2013-08-19, 16:15)Memphiz Wrote: You don't get us by our guts just by saying "If it wants to compete" or "If XBMC wants to take market share away from something crappy like wmc". We are open source dude. You can't get us that way.
Agreed. So how about a bounty on http://www.fossfactory.org/ ? If I put my money where my mouth is, will there be any takers? Smile

I'm in, I can probably get a buddy to pitch in as well. Can a developer give us and idea of a bounty price for this type of thing?
subbing to this, and willing to chip in for the bounty.

VLC has had this for ages, and it's a showstopper for those of us who record the news and want to consume 1.5 hours of news in less than 40 minutes (2x speed + commercial skip). Unfortuantely VLC doesn't support commerical skip EDLs and xbmc doesn't support faster playback. If anyone has recommendations for lightweight alternatives that support both, but I'd chip in for a bounty either way. With myspeed and VLC 2X playback I'm too used to saving so much time, I can't bring myself to slow down to 1x Wink
I'm also very interested in having this feature in XBMC, and I really don't understand the animosity displayed in this thread toward those who are proponents of it. It seems to me a perfectly reasonable request.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11