• 20(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
FYI if you want to use"[" and "]" to change the playback speed like in VLC you need to use this keymap:

<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<opensquarebracket>PlayerControl(tempodown)</opensquarebracket>
<closesquarebracket>PlayerControl(tempoup)</closesquarebracket>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
<VideoMenu>
<keyboard>
<opensquarebracket>PlayerControl(tempodown)</opensquarebracket>
<closesquarebracket>PlayerControl(tempoup)</closesquarebracket>
</keyboard>
</VideoMenu>
</keymap>

Putting these under <global> will not work because the default actions for "[" and "]" are defined under <FullscreenVideo> and <VideoMenu>.
I was waiting for this feature by long time!!
Thanks a lot developers! And thanks to raven6679 for the very clear instructions in previous page!
In final version of Krypton, I think that by default pressing FF key on remote contol we should get 1.5x (with audio), 2x, 4x, 8x, ecc..
What do you think about?

(sorry for my little english)
@MaxM7 you can set up your remote any way you like!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi,

I struggled 40 mins in attempts to get this feature working. So what Im trying to do is to launch kodi as dlna server and stream to my tv a video with playback speed of 1.5x. Im on mac osx and I installed the latest nightly build, tried few different skins (default too) but in the end I cant find playback speed option and thats it. Config files mentioned here with keymaps can be edited only under windows I supposed. Can someone provide more info how to get this feature up and running on mac or it is available only on windows ?

Regards
Thats not how upnp works afaik. Its the player that needs that feature. In your case that would be the tv...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It's still not in the android build, correct?
(2016-11-27, 20:51)Landstander Wrote: It's still not in the android build, correct?
It is in version17.0 beta 5, which I installed on my Android TV box a couple of days ago. You still need to manually edit the keymap, which makes enabling it rather difficult, but I did manage to try it, and it worked. Not sure yet how well, I experienced video freezes a couple of times, with the audio continuing. After 5-10 seconds the video would come back. But this was with a high bitrate file, so it could easily be a BW issue (the box was connected via WIFI at the time).
(2016-11-28, 16:26)jsabrahamsen Wrote:
(2016-11-27, 20:51)Landstander Wrote: It's still not in the android build, correct?
It is in version17.0 beta 5, which I installed on my Android TV box a couple of days ago. You still need to manually edit the keymap, which makes enabling it rather difficult, but I did manage to try it, and it worked. Not sure yet how well, I experienced video freezes a couple of times, with the audio continuing. After 5-10 seconds the video would come back. But this was with a high bitrate file, so it could easily be a BW issue (the box was connected via WIFI at the time).

Don't blame this feature, blame the Android decoder Smile It is mediacodec that struggles with this. Other platforms do quite well.
Can you edit keymaps when the device is an android TV?
(2016-12-01, 02:13)Landstander Wrote: Can you edit keymaps when the device is an android TV?
Don't know about Android TV (can you install Kodi on your TV?), but on an Android TV box you can. Mine is a Nexbox A95X, which uses an Amlogic S905X. I uninstalled the factory version of Kodi, installed the latest Kodi Krypton beta, configured Kodi as shown in this post, and added the keymap file from the post in this location: /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/

You need to experiment with the keymap unless you have something like a full keyboard attached. I use a Rii i8 mini, which works fine.
Thank you for this new feature, that I had been waiting for a long time

Is it anyway to speed up more than 1.5x with sound ?
It is not for watching a movie in 2X, but some slow passages without dialogues for example (if I'm in a hurry).

VLC can play up to 4X with sound and my phone player up to 2X, I hope Kodi can do the same.

Thank you
A few issues with the feature that hopefully will be improved:

1. The "fast forward" UI never goes away.
2. When you pause and continue it goes back to 1X speed.
3. Jump/skip does not work reliably in high speed playback.
4. Only goes to maximum 1.5X.
For those who cannot get the tempo to change, ensure you have enabled "Sync playback to display" as per #280.

I wasted almost an hour playing with keymaps, thinking my commands weren't being processed, before I stumbled upon that post.

Would be nice if the UI notified users that tempo requires changing that setting.
FWIW, Raspberry Pi 3 + LibreELEC handles 1.5x tempo just fine.

Really hoping they up max tempo to at least 2x, if not 3x.

Edit: I am not experiencing issues 1-3 that 18000rpm describes in Beta 5, but am experiencing 2 in Beta 6. Regression?
(2016-09-21, 14:31)raven6679 Wrote: Because I also had problems with understanding how to use this feature, I try to describe in most simple way how to do it.
Hope it helps. All instructions here are for Windows users.

Hey, thank you for this. I will definitely try this out once I move to v17. It's been a feature I've been waiting for a while, and wasn't looking forward to setting it up because I could tell it was not straightforward. Thanks in advance Smile
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11