• 24(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
What a great feature !!! Really adding value.
Thanks FernetMentas.

It works perfectly in the video section but not in the live tv pvr/recorded tv section like in windows media center (wmc)
Can this also being implemented in there? That would convince any wmc user to fully switch.

My recorded tv i can fast forward when i navigate through the video section but not if i open the videos in the recorded tv section (which looks nicer)

Thank you!
maybe an issue with the pvr addon you are using. what is it?
I use dvblink. You use one that works?
(2018-01-17, 19:46)Djasp Wrote: I use dvblink. You use one that works?
 I use and develop vnsi which is reference pvr addon for streaming relevent functions. I checked the code of dvblink: it is buggy. If timeshift is disabled, it tells video player that the stream is realtime. This feature is obviously disabled for realtime streams.
(2018-01-18, 15:29)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2018-01-17, 19:46)Djasp Wrote: I use dvblink. You use one that works?
 I use and develop vnsi which is reference pvr addon for streaming relevent functions. I checked the code of dvblink: it is buggy. If timeshift is disabled, it tells video player that the stream is realtime. This feature is obviously disabled for realtime streams.  
All works fine at my end. Apart from that:

What about when timeshift is enabled, then is should work?
I did read also this: TV playback functionality in Kodi is completely outside of DVBLink addon influence.
that means that it's Kodi related that the fast forward with audio is not possible in Live-TV AND Recorded-TV playback.

again, when you open the recordings via the video section you CAN use fast forward with audio. looks like the stream is not recognized (file format issue?)

is this a Kodi or an Add-on related issue?
You you want me to repeat myself?
yes please, for me it's not clear.
Check post 349. dvblink has a bug that makes this feature not work for recordings.
(2018-01-24, 22:45)FernetMenta Wrote: Check post 349. dvblink has a bug that makes this feature not work for recordings.
 Thank you !
(2018-01-07, 20:02)FernetMenta Wrote: I created an advanced setting "maxtempo" in section "video". That allows users to increase speed to 2x.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13325
 Are there technical reasons why you did not also introduce a "mintempo" setting? I'd be interested in a playback speed of 0.5x for example.
Since I'm still trying to do this on an android TV, is it possible to use the Keymap Editor Add-on to set this up?  It looks like it doesn't include tempoup or tempodown and I can't find a way to add custom commands.
when i change the speed, the video loses the a/v sync completely, sometimes by as much as 10s; the faster, the more "unsynched" it becomes. Is there any workaround to this? thanks in advance.
(2018-01-15, 20:16)Djasp Wrote: It works perfectly in the video section but not in the live tv pvr/recorded tv section like in windows media center (wmc)
Can this also being implemented in there? That would convince any wmc user to fully switch.
Same with the ServerWMC addon, it seems. It works on previously recorded TV, but if I've paused live TV and want to catch up faster, it doesn't work there.
(2018-06-29, 04:49)mmortal03 Wrote:
(2018-01-15, 20:16)Djasp Wrote: It works perfectly in the video section but not in the live tv pvr/recorded tv section like in windows media center (wmc)
Same with the ServerWMC addon, it seems. It works on previously recorded TV, but if I've paused live TV and want to catch up faster, it doesn't work there.  

This is a limitation of the pvr addons you use. They can't dynamically switch a realtime stream to a buffered one.
It works for example with vnsi.

EDIT: maybe I was wrong. need to check the code
(2017-03-11, 16:59)tinyhands Wrote:
(2016-12-01, 02:13)Landstander Wrote: Can you edit keymaps when the device is an android TV?

Yes, you can. You will want to plug in a USB keyboard and install ES File Explorer (or similar) from the Play store.
[Refer to the official documentation on installing the keymap editor addon and setting keymaps.]

1. Set keymaps to your remote for any functions/buttons not currently mapped. I used BigStepForward and BigStepBackward for both FullScreenVideo and Video Playback (as above), since they were not mapped and I have spare buttons on my universal remote.
2. Use ES File Explorer to navigate to the keymaps file, open it, and change both occurrences of BigStepForward to "PlayerControl(tempoup)" and both occurrences of BigStepBackward to "PlayerControl(tempodown)".
3. Save the keymaps file and return to Kodi. The buttons that you mapped will now perform tempo actions instead of BSF & BSB.

For me, TempoUp was stable all the way to 1.5x, but not really watchable. The fastest practical tempo was 1.2x. Your mileage may vary.        
Thanks.  Sorry for the late response.  I've had problems in the past with ES File Explorer on my android TV.
I followed your instructions and mapped BSF and BSB to the up and down arrows on my remote (which I believe was their default mapping).
Then instead of ES File Explorer I used the Backup addon.  Backed up the Kodi data to a USB stick, edited the files on a PC and then restored from the newly edited files.
Closed and reopened Kodi.

Unfortunately, I lost Up and Down navigation in the file selection menus (system and settings work fine).

Edit: I deleted the lines for <video>, keeping only <FullScreenVideo> and the problem is fixed.  I don't think I lost anything useful with that change.
Thanks for the tips.
1.5x works fine on my XBR55X850C.  A bit frame skippy with some things, but smooth on others.  Now I'm hoping 2x gets added soon.

For anyone with a Sony Android TV, here is my gen.xml:
(Edit2: Deleted mod=longpress entries.  Apparently they're premapped to audio and subtitle track switching and cause a conflict.)
Code:
<keymap>
<fullscreenvideo>
<keyboard>
<key id="61568">PlayerControl(tempoup)</key>
<key id="61569">PlayerControl(tempodown)</key>
</keyboard>
</fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

Edit (let's say) 3: I have a DVR/DVD player with the ability to adjust playback speed. DD/DTS audio gets passed through during normal use like you'd expect, but when you adjust the play speed it changes to PCM stereo output, and then goes back to the proper channel configuration when you go back to normal play speed.

Unfortunately in Kodi we can either have audio passthrough audio OR playback speed adjustment.
THAT'S what we need: An option to set "Sync Playback to Display" to OFF, but have it turn itself on when the PlayerControl(Tempo...) is adjusted and then disengage at 1x play speed.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11